Alligator in the water around tom sawyers island....

wedway71

Believe it or not but I had pet Caiman when I was a kid growing up in South Florida.I only had it about a year but then it died.It only got up to about a foot or so before it died.I was the only one that could hold it and when my dad tried to feed or hold it hed have to wears gloves or hed get snapped at.I was the coolest 9 year old on my block driving down the road with this gator on the handle bars of my Bigwheel.:lol:

WED-Oldie

All the drainage canals eventually are connected to the wetlands on the south of the propety. Disney has over 8,000 acres of wetland in that area. There have always been gators on property and there always will be. Also it is technically against the law to feed gators. Being fed around people is what makes them lose their nautrual fear.

jt04

All the drainage canals eventually are connected to the wetlands on the south of the propety. Disney has over 8,000 acres of wetland in that area. There have always been gators on property and there always will be. Also it is technically against the law to feed gators. Being fed around people is what makes them lose their nautrual fear.

Maybe they will start serving alligator tail at the Hoop-De-Doo :slurp:

Space Mountain

That's pretty scary actually, with all the people and little kids around that area.

Isn't there a way they can build some kind of fence around WDW to keep gators out? A gator shouldn't be able to just walk into the park whenever it pleases...there should be something to prevent them from getting in at all. Gators can't crawl over tall fences.

40bb5c882bf74abe.jpg
40bb5e902de670e5.jpg
40bb5eb32df7529d.jpg

There is a fence around the entire perimeter of MK. The gators can get through the filtering system near Floridian Way behind Big Thunder/Splash..happens all the time and usually isn't too much of a problem to take control of.

Disneyfanman

We have seen gators in the Rivers of America on multiple occaisions. We have never thought too much about it, because we are in Florida.

Gatorboy

Gators are found in most all water in Florida, it is illeagal to feed them and they are normally removed if 6' or larger when in areas that they can be threatening, but they do not have to be removed. They normally stay away from humans, but can get aggressive. Disney World is on the northeast edge of the Green Swamp preserve area, so I'm sure you could find quite a few if you looked hard enough. That said, the chances of getting attacked are far less than dieing on one of their rides from heart failure. Lived in Florida all my life, you just use common sense and look but don't touch.

mary219

we saw an alligator sunning itself right next to a small lake that you pass right before you turn into pop century.it was pretty cool.

col

omg i was thinkin of the alligator by splash/tom sawyer island the other day.
i was thinkin were about is it -is it by the bend after the big drop in splash?

ive seen it on the photo albums on here coz there is a pic.

when i was on those little rafts going to and from tom sawyer island i was lookin for the alligator lol.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
We were playing football on the field at All Star Sports at like 2am and there was an armadillo running around if that counts?

Grim Grinner

I saw an Alligator looking for handouts by Flame Tree BBQ, right by the water's edge facing Everest.

Also, the main lagoon at Coronado Springs Resort has a mama and 2 young gators inside. Kids were feeding them (right by Maya Grill) until I warned the parents that it was dangerous and possibly illegal. Saw them 4 weeks ago.

We always spot a gator at some point each year.

BTW-Have you noticed that they almost always seem to pair up with turtles?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom