Alligator in the water around tom sawyers island....

scorp111

Glad to know there is a gator... gives me somewhere to dangle my daughter...don't worry I saw this on TV once....:hammer:

tigger248

When I was on the college program, I worked at Splash Photo and saw the gators daily. They really aren't a problem and as it's been said by many people, they can get into anywhere they want. Many of them get in as babies when they're really small. I heard when I was working there that they have to be a certain size for the state wildlife people to go and get them out. I can't remember what the size was now (it's been like 2 years) but I do know a few were removed while I was there. They don't bother the people and I've found that most people are fascinated by them. I have a picture of one right next to splash. I doubt any gators would ever get into splash because the water area isn't very wide and boats go by every like 30 seconds or something. No gator is going to want to get run over by a splash mountain boat.

cloudboy

tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock

All we need is Smee and Captain Hook in a rowbot, and it's part of the theming!

Lilmama21

Is anyone else cracking up visualizing a gator making it's way down Main St towards TS Island? Just me? Oh well...

Funny thing is though..I think my fam and I did see one when we were there and thought it was fake. I"ll have to ring my mom later and ask her. Good thing we didn't try to get closer to get our pic with it :lol:

Ringo8n24

There was a small gator in the bushes on the beach at WL. We all noticed it while watching the nightly water parade. He seemed like he was communicating to other gators in that little "grunting" noise that they do. Assuming there were others, we left quickly after the parade. Much too dark down there with the parade over with and gators around.

lamarvenoy

It is a crime in Florida to feed gators,the sad part is gators that have been fed by humans associate people with food and lose their fear.When these gators are trapped they are destroyed, they will continue to pester people for food forever. I'll have to dip around on the net for the pics of the gator climbing the fence,I saw them in the paper about 10 years ago.He was about 5 feet long and climbed a 5 foot fence to get to a dog in the backyard of a house that was chained down-the owners brought the dog in when they saw the gator. You CAN'T keep gators out of Disney,the rule in Florida is...where you have water you have gators.

phlydude

Poncho1973

My friend had a gator under his car the other day. It was about 3 feet long (tiny considering it's half tail) and I have absolutely no idea what he did about it... I should ask.

Raven66

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
That would be my luck. I would get stuck behind that gator while he is trying to do his finger scan. :brick:

And he's probably a smoker too. (J/k I have absolutely nothing against smokers. Some of my favorite people are smokers)

But seriously, I've lived in Florida so I know how large the population of gators are, but I'm still petrified of them. I still have nightmares.:eek: I can remember walking down the street with a canal on one side and you can hear the gators. It's an awesome thing to hear.

I meant to look for the gator around TS Island but I forgot, bummer.:)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Originally posted by Poncho1973
just a quick GIS for gators in people's yards...

http://members.aol.com/momotutu/gatorNYard.jpg

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/NIMAGES/CROC/21-4p25c.jpg

and the single WORST example of a gator in a pool!!!! :drevil:

http://www.desipio.com/fla_gator-pool.gif

the first was kind of cute with the turtles in the picture, the second reminds me of the bit on SNL "Land Shark", and the third one reminds me of when the Alabama Crimson Tide whipped Spurrier and the Gators twice in one season a few years back (1999). aahhhh the good old days. lol

edit: sorry, just to clarify, it took me a second or two to notice the logo in the pool due to the scenery. lol

cloudboy

I can remember walking down the street with a canal on one side and you can hear the gators.

You know, I have no idea what kind of sound an aligator makes. Is it a chirpy type thing or a groam or what?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, when they feel threatened or they get mad they do like a groam hissssss thing. havent heard one in a while so that is the best my memory does it.

cloudboy

And we would rather you don't. : )

Could always put a cape on it and the little feather cap, from Fantasia. But too bad the Aligator can't cut down on the seagull problem.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Silver Lining

At least you don't have to worry about the gators charging in and taking food off your plate while eating...and then thanking you by $%^$^* on your head.

Then again...that would be a real hazard :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom