All to Yourself

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
Anyone else ever fantasize about having the parks all to yourself for one day or night? I'd be walking the BTMRR mines, or exploring each scene in PotC on my own speed. I'm curious to see what everyone else comes up with.

EpcotServo

One of the best times I ever had was getting to ride Haunted Mansion all by myself after-hours one night. Only other people in the building were the Cast Members running the ride.
:D

olmec26

One of the best times I ever had was getting to ride Haunted Mansion all by myself after-hours one night. Only other people in the building were the Cast Members running the ride.
:D

I've done that too! About 45 people in MK...43 of which were in line for Space Mountain. Ergo, my friend and I did a bunch of other stuff alone, and it was amazing! My proudest accomplishment that night though is getting from a Doom Buggy to a Buzz vehicle in 90 seconds...that was something!

cndrellagrl

I would love to ride Dinosaur on my own with lights on, in slow motion to get a good look at all the detail of the ride that I usually miss. I would also love to stroll the world showcase listening to complete quiet and enjoy all the scenery and architecture with no distractions.
For the year of a million dreams, having the world to yourself for one night would be a great idea for a prize - lets give WDW a call and suggest it to them! :animwink:

PhilosophyMagic

When I was a Cast Member at Epcot during my first year of college, I forgot my keys in my locker at the park, so I went back to get them, and when I got there it was 2:00AM, so I decided to walk around World Showcase.

The lights and music were still on, but I was the ONLY person there, except a security scooter that passed by once, and some welders on the bridge near International Gateway.

I explored the vacant countries completely by myself until 3:00AM, and it was enchanting - I will never forget it.

imamouse

I've done the earliest Segway tour (3 times!) and it's always great to cruise around WS before it is opend to the crowds. There are a few workers and some folks leaving the princess breakfast, but for the most part we had it all to ourselves (along with the others in the Segway tour).

11:28

I always thought it would be cool to play a huge game of Laser Tag in the Magic Kingdom. Each land could be a base. Capture the flag would also be fun to play at the Magic Kingdom. Or you could just play on Tom Sawyer Island that would be fun too.:drevil:

Although the Magic Kingdom isn't my favorite park, it is the park I would like to have to myself the most. It is just filled with magical areas that Hollywood Studios can't reproduce. Epcot is obviously a beautiful area also but there's something about the mystique of Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom would be great with a group of friends but it might be a little bit to creepy for me to stay alone in...kind of like a trip into the woods by yourself.

bluefaery

When I was a Cast Member at Epcot during my first year of college, I forgot my keys in my locker at the park, so I went back to get them, and when I got there it was 2:00AM, so I decided to walk around World Showcase.

The lights and music were still on, but I was the ONLY person there, except a security scooter that passed by once, and some welders on the bridge near International Gateway.

I explored the vacant countries completely by myself until 3:00AM, and it was enchanting - I will never forget it.

Didn't the security guard ask what you were doing there?

jorgetheviking

If I ever become a CM, I'm so forgetting my keys in the locker. :lol:

TigerLily_CM

I had a few nights closing the woodcart in Canada where I was late for one reason or another...resolving guest issues, miscounting cash etc...and instead of taking the bus back to costuming which actually picks me up behind Canada and drives past EVERY OTHER COUNTRY before dropping me off at Mexico, I would walk.

By this time the park was closed and the guests were long gone so my manager didn't mind so much (she knew it was a long drive to get to such a close destination) :)

It's always nice to be wandering around in the evening, the music still plays but it's kind of a calm, quiet setting and to see the park at night with no people in it is just magical...I don't care how often it happened, it was always a great feeling

LoriMistress

It would be great to have the parks to yourself. I would take thousands of pictures, go on numerous rides non-stop, and just take in the scenery. There's been several times where DH and I would wait around 30-45 minutes in WS in Epcot after Illuminations and we were practically the only guests in the park (except the CMs cleaning up).

Elonwy

If I can't sleep i mentally ride the entire POTC in my head. For several years I rode it alone and in the last couple of years Johnny Depp joins me for some reason.

Oddly enough, I don't let him sit in the same seat, I make him sit behind me. Occasionally he leans forward and points out things saying, "That's me you know" to which I reply, "Yes, I know...now shush!" :mad:

I don't think I'm going to let him on for much longer. I'll go back to a solo ride and he can go back to...well...whatever it is he does :shrug:

Is this strange? If there is a support group for this let me know.

Green Lantern

I'd love it! For both day and night, really take in the sights, get pictures, take a romantic stroll with Snow White, ride the Haunted Mansion a bunch of times.

disneymyway

Oh like I haven't thought about this 1000 times!!

I like to picture myself all over the Magic Kingdom with no one else around but one place I'd particularly love it would be Tom Sawyer Island. I'd love to wander around there at night.

MicheleK

I would love to be in MK alone (well with my kids of course). I'd take it at a much slower pace but do everything several times.

We did go to AK last April for an early character breakfast ADR before the park opened. Once we got there my daughter wasn't feelilng particularly hungry (a little belly ache) so my son and I decided to just skip that breakfast. We let a CM know and he understood. Told us we could walk around and take in the sites. WOW, that was pretty cool! We walked around, took pictures and then right before the park opened waited with a CM and her rope and she "walked" us all the way to Everest. We were the first ones on the ride that morning so we went on several times before the crowds got HUGE!

That was a pretty terrific morning. My daughter ended up feeling just fine about an hour later and THEN wanted the character breakfast. Luckily, the wait wasn't too long and in we went for our late breakfast :lol:.

bgraham34

Honestly If I had the park to myself I would spend the time getting pictures. I love to get pictures when no person is in them. I might not even ride an attraction just take thousands of pictures.

CartersMom

We won't necessarily be "alone" but my fiance and I will be getting photos taken in the magic kingdom at 5:00 AM very soon!!! I'm so excited for that!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom