All to Yourself

Brwneyedgirl72

When I was in college I was a cast member at the Studios. One night, a group of us was in the park after hours for VOLTM rehearsals and we had a break for "dinner" at about 2:30am. A few of us decided to go for a "walk" and ended up in the HISTK playground. It was so much fun - most of the lights we off but we had such a great time playing around in the dark. We were acting like a bunch of 6 year olds - until security told us we had to stop. I won't ever forget that night - it was really fun!

Ilovewishes

If I can't sleep i mentally ride the entire POTC in my head. For several years I rode it alone and in the last couple of years Johnny Depp joins me for some reason.

Oddly enough, I don't let him sit in the same seat, I make him sit behind me. Occasionally he leans forward and points out things saying, "That's me you know" to which I reply, "Yes, I know...now shush!" :mad:

I don't think I'm going to let him on for much longer. I'll go back to a solo ride and he can go back to...well...whatever it is he does :shrug:

Is this strange? If there is a support group for this let me know.

You are definately very strange! Why would you send Johnny Depp away??? :eek: Send him to me!! I'll ride PoTC with him as many times as he likes!!!:lol:

Green Lantern

Johnny Depp is so cool even I'd ride POTC with him. We can talk about the ride, the movie, and the films he's done with Tim Burton.

I'd like to ride the rides with Anne Hathaway.

CThaddeus

To get perfect video/audio without the screaming child, annoying teenager, or moron who can't get off his cell phone long enough to go on an attraction would be heaven. Similarly, to take pictures and not have Jethro somehow manage to get his head or other body part in the way would be nice, too. I've spent some time in Disneyland before the Park opened and after it closed (though I didn't get to go on any attractions) and it was quite an experience. I'd love to have the same opportunities in Disney World.

jonnyc

Although the Magic Kingdom isn't my favorite park, it is the park I would like to have to myself the most.

Hollywood Studios is my fave park, but if i could have a park to myself, it would be Magic Kingdom. Prefferably at night, because that would be very cool, i am looking forward to my first night time EMH on my next trip. I guess i would bring my sister along who is also a huge Disney Fanatic.

Riding HM alone must be immense. As would be riding TOT alone and at night.

MagicKingdom14

In the end of August in 2006, my mom,older brother,and I got to the Magic Kingdom a little bit before it opened. We went to the rope, and when they opened the park, there was only one other family! It was great! My mom HAD to take a picture of my brother and me being first on line for Dumbo! :lol:

nuttyskadork

I've done that too! About 45 people in MK...43 of which were in line for Space Mountain. Ergo, my friend and I did a bunch of other stuff alone, and it was amazing! My proudest accomplishment that night though is getting from a Doom Buggy to a Buzz vehicle in 90 seconds...that was something!

Ever consider trying out for the olympics lol? 90 Seconds holy crap. That's like opposite ends of the park lol.

Melerella

Me and my mom were just talking about this very same topic. We both decided Typhoon Lagoon's lazy river is something we'd like to ourselves. Going in 5 days and that's all I keep thinking about is that lazy river lol.:sohappy:

Nansafan

Back in the day of E-Ride nights, we were crossing from Frontierland back to Tomorrowland. We took the bridge and then up the walkway past HM to walk through Fantasyland. It was our first experience with E-Ride and didn't know that you weren't supposed to be walking through Fantasyland. It was really cool and a bit eerie. Fantasyland was not part of E-Ride nights. The attractions were closed and the store lights were off, but the music continued to play. We were the only people in the area. My brother shot some video of the deserted section.

paul436

When I was a Cast Member at Epcot during my first year of college, I forgot my keys in my locker at the park, so I went back to get them, and when I got there it was 2:00AM, so I decided to walk around World Showcase.

The lights and music were still on, but I was the ONLY person there, except a security scooter that passed by once, and some welders on the bridge near International Gateway.

I explored the vacant countries completely by myself until 3:00AM, and it was enchanting - I will never forget it.
This reminded me of my first trip to EPCOT in 2000. My wife and I had a late dinner at Le Cellier and we left the restaurant the park was officially closed. This being our first trip we took a wrong path and were somewhat lost. It was great just walking alone in EPCOT. After a few minutes though we bumped into a couple of CMs who looked surprised to see us and they directed us to the exit. It was a great (if short lived) experience.

ChrisQ

When I was a Cast Member at Epcot during my first year of college, I forgot my keys in my locker at the park, so I went back to get them, and when I got there it was 2:00AM, so I decided to walk around World Showcase.

The lights and music were still on, but I was the ONLY person there, except a security scooter that passed by once, and some welders on the bridge near International Gateway.

I explored the vacant countries completely by myself until 3:00AM, and it was enchanting - I will never forget it.

Wow...sounds amazing.

Disneybub

Me and my mom were just talking about this very same topic. We both decided Typhoon Lagoon's lazy river is something we'd like to ourselves. Going in 5 days and that's all I keep thinking about is that lazy river lol.:sohappy:

I was going to say the same thing. It would be brilliant to not have people walking through pushing you out the way and teens chasing each other splashing and screaming.... ahhhhhh :)

WhatJaneSays

I had a very bizarre experience with a nearly empty Disney World just after 9/11. My Aunt's birthday is September 12 and we were supposed to be leaving that morning for Disney, we ended up not going up there until Friday the 14th.

I have never seen Disney so deserted during the day in my life. All in all it was an extremely surreal trip. There were more CMs than guests. We did a lot of "dream trip" things. Three of my little cousins got to spend nearly a whole 30 minutes with Mickey, Minnie and Gang; I rode the A and B side of Space Mountain a ridiculous amount of times; did funny/posed pictures on almost every ride that had them and just explored the normally busy parts. I even struck up a few new friendships with some CMs and a very nice family from England that got stuck in the US (not that they were unhappy to extend their Disney stay).

The only thing is most of us forgot to bring our regular cameras and we missed so many wonderful photo ops. (Really, how many times do you get to do a Beatles' "Abby Road" in front of the castle with an empty street?)

sarabi

DAK is actually really scary all to yourself. Especially when they turn off the music. Some of the noises you thought were piped in ambiant noise... aren't.
However, I was once at DAK for a meeting at pizzafari before the park opened, and it was the predawn hours. Best. Thing. Ever. Afterward, a bunch of us CPs just stood outside on the path looking at the tree as the sun slowly came up. It was stunningly beautiful. I wish more guests would get to see it like that.

olmec26

Ever consider trying out for the olympics lol? 90 Seconds holy crap. That's like opposite ends of the park lol.

Haha, there is no way I'd make it in the Olympics.

But yeah, we got out of our doombuggies and realized that the park would close in 2 minutes, so we BOOKED IT over to Buzz...you'd be amazed at how quickly you can go when you know every nook and cranny of the parks and there's no one there to get in your way!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom