All things Universal Studios Hollywood

J4546

I went to USH yesterday with my gf who used to work there so they had some kind of employee opening or something. Also everything was 50% off and people were buying stacks of legos and just so much stuff haha but anyways....

Jurassic World ride is really good imo, i liked it before too, its a good log flume with a big drop at the end. We got soaked btw, dont sit in the front row if you want to be dry. I just wish JW had an immersive land around it instead of, heres a jurassic themed ride beside a mummy ride and a pf changs lol. but still, great ride. Prob my fave in the park

Secret Life is ok, its a slow dark ride with some pretty cool effects ala haunted mansion. It broke down a bunch while we were waiting in line and while we were on it though, hopefully they get things ironed out. The que takes you through some make believe apts and thats pretty cool and the facade is nice as well, makes the park much nicer overall.

Also I could see Nintendoland up close and it looks cool but Im way less enthusiastic about it after seeing videos from japan about what the mariokart ride is, but still it will be a fine addition to USH when its done.

Now the question is, what are they gonna do with Simpson land? Its already dated as hell and now that disney owns simpsons they will certainly want to redo that entire area.

I wish USH had more stuff I liked. The only experiences in that park I enjoy are WaterWorld, which is phenominal and if USH didnt have it I would never go. And JW, I like that flume a lot. I dont like Harry Potter ride or Mummy because they make me queazy (im weak like that) I dont like simpsons, transformers, Dispicable Me either because they suck lol. Theres really not much in the park that Im into at the moment

Sharon&Susan

Now the question is, what are they gonna do with Simpson land?
Just curious how is Springfield "Dated as hell"? Simpsons is still making new episodes and that's still how Springfield looks (other than the buildings being stacked on each other lol). Ratings are way down from the golden years, but it was the same way five years ago when they built it.
and now that disney owns simpsons they will certainly want to redo that entire area.
Marvel Superhero Island. That is all.

ToTBellHop

Just curious how is Springfield "Dated as hell"? Simpsons is still making new episodes and that's still how Springfield looks (other than the buildings being stacked on each other lol). Ratings are way down from the golden years, but it was the same way five years ago when they built it.

Marvel Superhero Island. That is all.
I imagine they can’t build a Marvel land for the same reason WDW can’t.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Sorry are they checking ID at the gate to see if you are a resident of California? Angel Stadium wasn’t doing it so technically anyone out of state could have gone.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
California's requirement is to Self-attest that all users of the tickets are residents by clicking a box.

I know of no venue that has been asking for ID's to prove you live here.

Remember, the state wants things to be contactless as possible.

For indoor venues, most places are sitting up food trucks and similar things in the parking lot (for Staples Center, they are using Chick Hearn Way) along with seating for dining) since you can't eat in your seats.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
No one knows because the parks are still closed. Also not sure if the resident-only rule applies for baseball games.
There are reports from 11 major venues that no physical check is being made for residency. This makes sense for three reasons:

1. It would cause bottlenecks at entry
2. The regulations are all about "touchless"
3. The regulations only require you check a box when buying tickets

TP2000

Sorry to say, the tram route no longer drives through the lake. Alas, new sound stages have taken over.

Welp, there's another thing I don't need to go do in SoCal any longer. First they close the Airport '75 Stunt Show, and now this.

I went to Universal Studios a few years ago and rode that Harry Potter thing. We bought that VIP Tour package and never had to wait in lines. The tour guide was very nice and tried explaining everything, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then we went to some little roller coaster next door where a giant animatronic chicken flaps its wings at you as you go up the lift hill. At the top you got a great view of the trash dumpsters behind the Waterworld show and beautiful downtown Burbank.

I had the Butterbeer and it was like a melted butterscotch candy mixed with flat 7-Up. I didn't get what all the fuss was about.

The best part of the VIP Tour was the breakfast buffet with some surprisingly good Lox and cream cheese and bacon wrapped asparagus. Then there was a nice lunch buffet with roast beef and wine and the Bride of Frankenstein stopped by our table. Hollywood!

I still tipped the tour guide as if I'd had a great time. Always tip people who try hard! After all, the animatronic chicken wasn't his idea.

With this news that the Tram Tour no longer goes through the parting of the Red Sea, I'm done there. 🧐

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
The same policy also applies for sporting events in California. The San Francisco Giants are actually going extra and making sure you are vaccinated.
Indoor events, such as the NBA and NHL, require either a recent negative test or proof of vaccination in California. Not sure if the San Francisco government requires more, or if it is the Giants team. The MLB doesn't require it.

TP2000

Indoor events, such as the NBA and NHL, require either a recent negative test or proof of vaccination in California. Not sure if the San Francisco government requires more, or if it is the Giants team. The MLB doesn't require it.

Really?

Proof of vaccination? That little paper card with no barcode, no QR code, no serial number, and just some ballpoint pen scribbles on it?

How cute. ;)

2020-12-18T174601Z_97833794_RC2TPK9NP1ZC_RTRMADP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-PELOSI-e1609254236648.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom