All things Universal Studios Hollywood

ToTBellHop

There's a difference between wanting to go and having a public meltdown because you can't get a ticket the first day they go on sale. I saw so many people kvetching about how all 8 devices are stuck....well, maybe if people didn't have multiple devices trying to log in....

I want to go to Disneyland, but I'm not writing angry posts on social media about having to wait another few days.
Yes, that is ridiculous. Anyone who got in that queue yesterday knew what they were getting themselves into. I knew it would be FAR “more than an hour”! I didn’t know it would be 10 hours but I wasn’t kept from doing my job, so no big deal.

DavidDL

Is Secret Life of Pets the only ride that offers a virtual queue? We need to download the USH app or anything do we?

Sorry for the double quote, here is some more info I found and I hope it helps!

Secret-Life-of-Pets-Off-the-Leash-6430276-1200x900.jpg

"SLoP (really, does anything think about acronyms when naming these things?) uses Universal's Virtual Line virtual queuing system. So - in normal operation - there would be no physical queue in front of the attraction entrance at 3637 Pets Place on Universal's Upper Lot. To ride, reserve your ride time in Universal's official app, or scan your park admission ticket at the subway station next door to get a time. Then just show your QR code to the doorperson and you will be welcomed into this upscale Manhattan apartment building."

The subway station they refer to, I believe is just to the left of the attraction entrance.

CaptinEO

The two currently on sale are Annual Passes, good for 12 months.

Universal had a special Socal Pss that expired at the end of the year, aka Season Pass.

SeaWorld does the same thing.
Thank you! Much better deal then! I for some reason thought theyd only work til December 31.

mickEblu

My understanding (after spending some time on other Universal forums) is that it is the only one AND it's in fact, required. I believe there is no stand-by option available. I would absolutely download the app if I were you and get a virtual return time the same way you would for Rise of the Resistance. I don't think it's going to be such a pain to try and get one because Pets obviously isn't RoTR, but I have read that times do, eventually, run out.

I've also seen reports that if it's not busy, they will open a stand-by option to Guests. But I don't think its guaranteed. Sorry I can't be of more help, this is all I know.

Thank you! I didn’t even know USH had an app.

mickEblu

Sorry for the double quote, here is some more info I found and I hope it helps!

View attachment 549483

"SLoP (really, does anything think about acronyms when naming these things?) uses Universal's Virtual Line virtual queuing system. So - in normal operation - there would be no physical queue in front of the attraction entrance at 3637 Pets Place on Universal's Upper Lot. To ride, reserve your ride time in Universal's official app, or scan your park admission ticket at the subway station next door to get a time. Then just show your QR code to the doorperson and you will be welcomed into this upscale Manhattan apartment building."

The subway station they refer to, I believe is just to the left of the attraction entrance.

Thanks! I appreciate this. It’s like one of the 3 things my son can do at USH.

Sharon&Susan

I'm a little nostalgic for the Whoville set but not a big loss. Just hope that they fill it with something a bit more fitting than the parking lot one day.
It does feel a bit redundant with the famous cars part of the tour admittedly. It'd be nice if they replaced it with something Psycho themed, but I do think it flows better and doesn't distract from the Bate's Motel like Whoville did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom