All things Universal Studios Hollywood

mickEblu

Can someone tell me the best place to sit on the tram tour? Haven’t been to USH in a while. Front, Back or middle? Right or Left? Promise I’ll put my mask on.

DavidDL

They opened some rides today at their food event.

WOW. They knocked this out of the park, I am so incredibly impressed by them not only opening attractions for the event today, but Secret Life of Pets is seriously impressive. Exactly what USH needed.

This looks wonderful. When I heard we'd lost the Yoshi Omniover in Nintendoland for Secret Life of Pets, I was heartbroken as a Nintendo fan. But having seen how that one turned out (not great) and now how this one looks, our park lucked out. I'm not a huge fan of these films but this attraction looks like it got some real love poured into it and will make a great addition to the park!

waltography

This is a gorgeous ride! Love all the physical sets and animatronics (and what is screens still looks great!) and the "become a dog" angle is like a fun remix on the hitchhiking ghosts. So cute!

I'm not a huge fan of these films but this attraction looks like it got some real love poured into it and will make a great addition to the park!
I was thinking just this! I haven't gotten around to watching the movies because it didn't look like my cup of tea, but they did such a good job with this ride that I might actually see the movies now.

Disney Analyst

This is a gorgeous ride! Love all the physical sets and animatronics (and what is screens still looks great!) and the "become a dog" angle is like a fun remix on the hitchhiking ghosts. So cute!

I was thinking just this! I haven't gotten around to watching the movies because it didn't look like my cup of tea, but they did such a good job with this ride that I might actually see the movies now.

The movies are actually quite cute and fun (IMO), but I think this ride doesn't even require one to love the films.

Brer Oswald

This looks wonderful. When I heard we'd lost the Yoshi Omniover in Nintendoland for Secret Life of Pets, I was heartbroken as a Nintendo fan. But having seen how that one turned out (not great) and now how this one looks, our park lucked out. I'm not a huge fan of these films but this attraction looks like it got some real love poured into it and will make a great addition to the park!
I really wish Yoshi turned out like this.

DavidDL

It sounds like Transformers just opened to Taste of Universal Guests. Something else might open very soon with it's new finale..

Eyeu_DDU4AMUWb3.jpg

(This image from the same folks who uploaded the SLoP ride-thru)

That said, I think I may have to disappear from the theme park side of the internet until the 18th. I kind of promised myself I wouldn't spoil this new Indominus figure for myself after waiting so long for it.

Take care everyone!

BubbaisSleep

Glad to see everyone is loving the new ride after such a drought in theme park news for us West Coasters. I've been reading this ride is more like 4-5 mins which makes me happy as it was reported 2-3 minutes.

I'm going to avoid the video spoilers & reserve a day ticket instead for June. Just waiting on the Jurassic World reports as I haven't watched those videos either. How exciting to buy theme park tickets again!

Last edited:

mickEblu

Glad to see everyone is loving the new ride after such a drought in theme park news for us West Coasters. I've been reading this ride is more like 4-5 mins which makes me happy as it was reported 2-3 minutes.

I'm going to avoid the video spoilers & reserve a day ticket instead for June. Just waiting on the Jurassic World reports as I haven't watched those videos either. How exciting to buy theme park tickets again!

The dilemma is do I take my 5.5 year old son on Jurassic World or not? My worry is if I traumatize him I may not be able to get him on Splash Mountain.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

They opened some rides today at their food event.

WOW. They knocked this out of the park, I am so incredibly impressed by them not only opening attractions for the event today, but Secret Life of Pets is seriously impressive. Exactly what USH needed.

I have never seen the movies so I don't really understand the story and the ride does not make it clear. I mean I get I am a dog that eventually gets adopted but the rest of it is just animals lose in the city? but despite that for a kid's dark ride this is way better than average and not as lame as I thought it would be when I saw the ride vehicles. lot's of AA's and good use of lights and colors and music and screens. LIKE IT A LOT. LOOKS FUN

UPDATE*****
Just saw the queue and it is truly amazing. this ride is very charming and the more i see of it the more i am liking this dare say starting to love it. well done Universal. Now make OUR Mario Kart ride not suck

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom