All things Universal Studios Hollywood

mickEblu

Explain to him what happens on the ride. Don’t sugar coat it. If he’s excited to go on, let him, but if he doesn’t like the sound of the drop, don’t take him on.

Yeah but if I tell him he won’t want to go haha. I know he’s get a kick out of the dinosaurs. Until the dark scary parts of course.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yeah but if I tell him he won’t want to go haha. I know he’s get a kick out of the dinosaurs. Until the dark scary parts of course.
Just tell him its a theme park ride and they are robots not real dinosaurs and he is perfectly fine. it is just a ride for fun and they wouldn't make something that can actually harm him. kids are smarter than people think, just be honest.

mickEblu

Just tell him its a theme park ride and they are robots not real dinosaurs and he is perfectly fine. it is just a ride for fun and they wouldn't make something that can actually harm him. kids are smarter than people think, just be honest.

Yeah they are but the drop will be terrifying no matter what the explanation is haha. I was a chicken $hit when I was younger. I didn’t even go on Splash Mountain until I was like 10 or 11.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yeah they are but the drop will be terrifying no matter what the explanation is haha. I was a chicken $hit when I was younger. I didn’t even go on Splash Mountain until I was like 10 or 11.
I would tell him about the drop but advise when it gets to that part it is ok to close his eyes going down the drop but sometimes closing eyes is scarier than having them open. advise him that he maybe afraid of it now one day he is going to love drops in rides. advise him they are meant for fun.

mickEblu

I would tell him about the drop but advise when it gets to that part it is ok to close his eyes going down the drop but sometimes closing eyes is scarier than having them open. advise him that he maybe afraid of it now one day he is going to love drops in rides. advise him they are meant for fun.

Just showed him a ride thru. Bad idea. Lol

choco choco

A terrific ride. Very, very impressive. A very old school approach: conceive of as many gags using your characters as possible, and shove them together in clever ways as densely as budget and space allow. Helped greatly by their decision to not be enamored with the ride mechanism, instead going with a simple, dependable system that allows for tremendous intimacy. No over large warehouse rooms here, sets and figures are shoved as close to guests as possible, the ride layout is constantly twisty and turny.

I especially appreciate the simplicity with which they communicate the core ride idea--which is that you are turned into a pet. There's no over-labored exposition explaining how this comes to be about. There's a simple, wordless gag (camera points at you; shows dog) and we're off. The ride doesn't even feel like it needs to treat this seriously. You could totally miss this concept and simply enjoy it as animals! color! animation! music!

Kudos to Universal for wanting this ride to be so tactile. Emphasis on figures and real sets. It does have a very plasticine look, but this was the movie's aesthetic (fun fact: Secret Life of Pets was made very cheaply as a sort of throwaway, low-budget kid fare. It's success as the most profitable movie of 2016 took everyone, studio and it's own filmmakers alike, by surprise). Maybe the fact that they could recreate this look inexpensively helped the ride, as they could spend more on animatronics and more elaborate gags.

Professortango1

A terrific ride. Very, very impressive. A very old school approach: conceive of as many gags using your characters as possible, and shove them together in clever ways as densely as budget and space allow. Helped greatly by their decision to not be enamored with the ride mechanism, instead going with a simple, dependable system that allows for tremendous intimacy. No over large warehouse rooms here, sets and figures are shoved as close to guests as possible, the ride layout is constantly twisty and turny.

I especially appreciate the simplicity with which they communicate the core ride idea--which is that you are turned into a pet. There's no over-labored exposition explaining how this comes to be about. There's a simple, wordless gag (camera points at you; shows dog) and we're off. The ride doesn't even feel like it needs to treat this seriously. You could totally miss this concept and simply enjoy it as animals! color! animation! music!

Kudos to Universal for wanting this ride to be so tactile. Emphasis on figures and real sets. It does have a very plasticine look, but this was the movie's aesthetic (fun fact: Secret Life of Pets was made very cheaply as a sort of throwaway, low-budget kid fare. It's success as the most profitable movie of 2016 took everyone, studio and it's own filmmakers alike, by surprise). Maybe the fact that they could recreate this look inexpensively helped the ride, as they could spend more on animatronics and more elaborate gags.

Wow, that's super charming. Kudos to Universal Hollywood for going with this over that Yoshi peoplemover.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom