All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Phroobar

Yeah that's definitely true. I wonder if we could see Hanna Barbera come to the parks especially since WB and Universal work so well together. Plus they are making new movies based on all of the characters like Scooby Doo and Flinstones.
I don't see there be any room for HB. Illumination has taken over a corner of the park. Outside of Scooby Doo, I don't think anyone cares about HB anymore.

Maybe Warner Brothers studio lot could do something with them? However they are probably more likely to use the Loony Toons instead.

The Grand Inquisitor

I don't see there be any room for HB. Illumination has taken over a corner of the park. Outside of Scooby Doo, I don't think anyone cares about HB anymore.

Maybe Warner Brothers studio lot could do something with them? However they are probably more likely to use the Loony Toons instead.
Yeah that's the problem with the park there's barely any space. That would be awesome! I wonder if WB will get back into the theme park business. The park in Abu Dhabi was very popular.

Disneylover152

31586415.UniversalWebIMG_2831copy.psd.jpg

LA-USH_Curious_George.jpg

Is the Super Silly Fun Land play area the rethemed version of this?

I found this image on Twitter a few minutes ago from a tweet from February. I was too lazy to go back searching to see if it was mentioned here before, so I figured I’ll put it here.
View attachment 475583

Interesting. I had read some speculation on other sites that said Hollywood was not getting the Yoshi ride. But if this layout image is correct, it looks like Universal may have found a way to fit in the Yoshi ride for Nintendo World California. This image closely matches the Nintendo World Universal Japan overview layout photo that was posted last week.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Interesting. I had read some speculation on other sites that said Hollywood was not getting the Yoshi ride. But if this layout image is correct, it looks like Universal may have found a way to fit in the Yoshi ride for Nintendo World California. This image closely matches the Nintendo World Universal Japan overview layout photo that was posted last week.

This map does not show Yoshi present. The location of the Yoshi Ride is what would be the main entrance of the land in the upper right corner by transformers. The bottom right corner is the entrance (through a tunnel) at USJ.

Disneylover152

I haven't heard about this. Have there been any signs of demolition of that Panda Express that would stand in the way of the proposed entrance?

From the looks of this, at least to me, it looks as if the entrance to USH's version would be located by Transformers, where the Yoshi ride would be located. I think the USJ entrance might just become a retail shop or something. But again, it's all speculation.

Phroobar

Pardon, but people on this site and others have said repeatedly that the budget for Yoshi went to Secret Life Of Pets. I'm inclined to believe them, though I do hold out hope for the addition of Donkey Kong eventually.
SLOPs is Yoshi. They just didn't have the room to put it down below. No idea where they would put DK since the area around Nintendo land is fairly new. Nintendo land sits on the land that originally held the soundstage that had the original Phantom of the Opera set and was considered haunted. The set burned down a few years ago.

Lintemuthstudios

Layout looks fake/fanmade. Why would the bridge and Yoshi ride building (the indoor one across the bridge, not the mountain) be there if there's no Yoshi ride?

Disneylover152

Layout looks fake/fanmade. Why would the bridge and Yoshi ride building (the indoor one across the bridge, not the mountain) be there if there's no Yoshi ride?

It is fan-made, not official. The people who posted it used the final product of Japan and was trying to figure out how it would look in Hollywood using construction. This layout is not definite by any means, it's just speculation.

Considering Universal also has a history of cloning attractions from park to park, that layout would not suprise me.

1591808958690.png
1591809009575.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom