All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
The current direction is to keep the current upper/lower Lot area as one park.

There are thoughts of a second park as part of a major development of the property. But they are making a lot of money renting out the lot for filming, as the streaming wars have a lot of production lately.

On another topic, just had the Who Hash here At USH for lunch. Waiting for the evening Grinchmas and Harry Potter events.

Professortango1

it’s twice as much as that, I don’t know how you do your ride counts. 22 rides, 23 when Tron opens not including 5 ride quality shows.

I counted 19 actual rides. Including Carpet spinners, Dumbo Spinners, and Carousel. I didn't include train or any MS Vehicles/River vehicles as they are more atmospheric than rides.

I just find it funny when WDW fans complain about USH's lack of attractions. When we visited WDW, we did just about everything in a park in half a day. We were amazed at how few attractions each park had, much less attractions you want to repeat. DHS had 5 rides until TSL and SWGE opened. That was a long day waiting for Fantasmic.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
The Studio Tour is a multi-attraction experience.

So we have the backlot tour, King Kong, Mexico Flash flood, Earthquake simulator, Jaws experience, War of the World's 747 Crash scene and Fast and Furious. That is 8 attractions, many were separated at Orlando.

The lower lot has 4 attractions and 2 character interaction zones currently.

Upper lot has, besides the Studio Tour, has 12 attractions including major shows.

That is 24 things that would be listed in a Disney Guide Map.

Professortango1

So we have the backlot tour, King Kong, Mexico Flash flood, Earthquake simulator, Jaws experience, War of the World's 747 Crash scene and Fast and Furious. That is 8 attractions, many were separated at Orlando.

Upper lot has, besides the Studio Tour, has 12 attractions including major shows.

What's the 4th attraction on the Lower Lot? Jurassic Park, Transformers, and Mummy's Revenge are all I can think of.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
What's the 4th attraction on the Lower Lot? Jurassic Park, Transformers, and Mummy's Revenge are all I can think of.
The Dino Land Playground is the 4th Attraction. Actually better than some Toon Town offerings, that are counted.

Raptor Encounter and Transformers Live are the 2 Character Interactions.

Ismael Flores

I wouldn't say that War of the World Crash Scene is an attraction experience. It is just one of several show set that you drive by and look at.

Universal Studios is nice but it will never feel like a full park, to many of what they offer is repetitive because of the over use of screens. They just keep thinking bigger screens make things better and we all know that we would prefer the old spining ice cave than Fast and Furious

RobWDW1971

I wouldn't say that War of the World Crash Scene is an attraction experience. It is just one of several show set that you drive by and look at.

Universal Studios is nice but it will never feel like a full park, to many of what they offer is repetitive because of the over use of screens. They just keep thinking bigger screens make things better and we all know that we would prefer the old spining ice cave than Fast and Furious

Bring back Battlestar Galactica. Thank you.

Homemade Imagineering

speaking of bringing back things, I wish they’d bring back E.T. adventure badly. I do enjoy mummy, and it’s a fun attraction, but for gosh sakes, E.T. is a universal icon, especially being one of their highest grossing films of all time. Now I do understand why universal replaced it, as attendance had been staggering a bit, and the building was prime real estate for an indoor coaster. With that being said, mummy is a nice attraction, but to me is a far cry from its Orlando counterpart.

Phroobar

speaking of bringing back things, I wish they’d bring back E.T. adventure badly. I do enjoy mummy, and it’s a fun attraction, but for gosh sakes, E.T. is a universal icon, especially being one of their highest grossing films of all time. Now I do understand why universal replaced it, as attendance had been staggering a bit, and the building was prime real estate for an indoor coaster. With that being said, mummy is a nice attraction, but to me is a far cry from its Orlando counterpart.
I wish they would restore the opening day effects for the Mummy. Make the mummy warriors fall from the ceiling. Put the fire and eclipse effects back in the ending. Right now it just leaves you with a happened feeling.

I miss E.T. too. The property is just too old to keep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom