All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Tamandua

The Platinum Annual Pass appears to be the best one. Its currently $449 ($10 off because its an online purchase) and theres Flexpay available for that pass.

Comes with Universal Express and a free Horror Night ticket which the other two don't have. It also has no blackout dates.
How good is the universal express feature? Does it really skip the entire line? And you get to do it once for every ride every visit? Almost sounds too good to be true...

DavidDL

How good is the universal express feature? Does it really skip the entire line? And you get to do it once for every ride every visit? Almost sounds too good to be true...

I had only ever used Express for Orlando's parks (since we're SoCal natives). However, when we finally returned to USH in April, we didn't want to wait in a 2 hour line for Jurassic World or Mummy after being away for so long and forked over the 100 bucks each for unlimited Express. It was awesome and totally worth it. Yes, it skipped the entire lines and allowed us to do so over and over again. Went on Mummy three times, Jurassic World three times, Transformers twice, Pets twice, Potter twice, Potter coaster once and it allowed us to skip the tram tour line and sit in the front car. We could have done it much, much more but we wanted to take our time and enjoy the park.

They have a cheaper add-on option for like 60 bucks where it's once per ride and not unlimited. Normally, we never bought Express because lines there were always at least manageable and we went all the time. But with everyone finally coming out for a visit to the parks after being locked away so long, I'm thinking we may visit just a little less but buy the Express pass when we do, to make the trips we do have more carefree.

Tamandua

I had only ever used Express for Orlando's parks (since we're SoCal natives). However, when we finally returned to USH in April, we didn't want to wait in a 2 hour line for Jurassic World or Mummy after being away for so long and forked over the 100 bucks each for unlimited Express. It was awesome and totally worth it. Yes, it skipped the entire lines and allowed us to do so over and over again. Went on Mummy three times, Jurassic World three times, Transformers twice, Pets twice, Potter twice, Potter coaster once and it allowed us to skip the tram tour line and sit in the front car. We could have done it much, much more but we wanted to take our time and enjoy the park.

They have a cheaper add-on option for like 60 bucks where it's once per ride and not unlimited. Normally, we never bought Express because lines there were always at least manageable and we went all the time. But with everyone finally coming out for a visit to the parks after being locked away so long, I'm thinking we may visit just a little less but buy the Express pass when we do, to make the trips we do have more carefree.
So basically, if you have the platinum pass, you can skip the line once for every ride each visit, do everything in a couple hours, and then leave? Universal is like 15 minutes from where I live so that is pretty tempting.

DavidDL

So basically, if you have the platinum pass, you can skip the line once for every ride each visit, do everything in a couple hours, and then leave? Universal is like 15 minutes from where I live so that is pretty tempting.

Yes! I just looked up the pass and it's the "one time per ride per visit" version that comes with your pass. We even didn't need to do the virtual queue thing for pets with it so it's just one less thing to worry about.

Honestly, I just looked at the Platinum pass and even being a San Diego native, am considering getting one.

A years worth of no blockout dates, 15% discount in park/Citywalk, an Express pass once per ride/per visit, free Halloween horror night tickets and free general parking for under $500 bucks? Sign me up!

Ryan120420

It's better than FastPass. No time restrictions and every Express queue except for Secret Life of Pets leads directly to each attractions station, so there is no merging with a stand-by queue like at Disney.

Last edited:

Tamandua

It's better than FastPass. No time restrictions and every Express queue except for Secret Life of Pets leads directly to each attractions station, so there is no merging with a stand-by queue like at Disney.
I'm conflicted. It sounds like a great deal but then I remember that universal got rid of all my favorite stuff and I don't care about most of the stuff there.

CaptinEO

Platinum Pass looks awesome but then again I show up to Universal at opening and by 1pm I've been on all the rides. I probably don't need the express pass.

Sharon&Susan

I don't recognize this design style of Woody Woodpecker, is it from some new series or something?
1625270876564.png

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Did he ever have teeth before? I don't remember him with those before and I can't find any pictures of it on a Google search.
here is a classic image of him with teeth. some times he has teeth to help show his emotions. its common in animation. In fact I had an old school woody doll that also showed his teeth. i will see if i can find an image of that too
1625364015561.png

mickEblu

I change my mind. After seeing a video of Super Nintendo World in Japan, I would have rather USH got the Yoshi ride. Not that the ride itself is great by any means but it’s elevated and provides kinetic energy and nice views of the land. Also the ride vehicles are much better looking than the boxes in SLOP. Id see myself with the kids getting more use out of the Yoshi ride.

J4546

same, the yoshi ride doesnt look great but added energy to the land.

the nintendo land at USH looks meh to me which really sucks, I love nintendo and this should be a slam dunk. but only having 1 ride and that ride being a slow moving dark ride that seems.....not what a mariokart ride should be....this land is looking kinda lame imo. I still love the theming and im sure will have cool food and stores and stuff and overall this still will be a good addition to USH because they def need more to do in that park.

The nintendo land seems very close to AC for universal imo. A massive multibillion dollar IP getting a very small footprint in a park with 1 new ride. But at least AC has 2 rides with GotG being it anchor until phase 2.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom