All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Tamandua

This is what I found.

I did some reading on other sites and there's some conflicting information. For example, this site says "In December 1980, the Psycho House set was seen being dismantled. It next appeared painted pink in the 1981 Chevy Chase comedy 'Modern Problems' where the house appeared to have been transported to the beach.", but another site seems to confirm that the house in that movie was a replica.

At this point, I doubt it's the same house. At best it's a ship of theseus with all parts likely replaced, but more likely probably a complete remake.

truecoat

No one knows what exactly happened to the original Psycho house. The one on the backlot is at least the house from Psycho II. The original Psycho house was closer to the Jaws scene, but was possibly moved to its current location.

I saw Psycho II in the theater and the people behind me were mad because I couldn't stop laughing when he hit the lady in the head with a shovel.

Homemade Imagineering

06AB6DFC-B869-44A0-9FF3-DE50577EF8CB.jpeg
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice the horrible condition of the Simpsons queue?

Does anyone know... Is the psycho house at Universal the original from 1960? I've read that it was rebuilt/refurbished in various years... But is it the same or basically a replica?
The classic thought experiment S̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶s̶e̶u̶s̶ House of Bates. Is it the same house if it's been refurbished and rebuilt so many times?

Tamandua

If you guys ever want to read an interesting story about movie studio history, look up the story of the Maltese Falcon prop statue from the movie. Basically, a bunch of people claim to have the original prop from the movie, and they all have interesting cases and stories to prove theirs in the real one (or one of the real ones), but there's a lot of controversy over it. The studio is not sure which is real but they've basically endorsed the most expensive one, and others claiming to have the real one have faced lawsuits from the owners of the "real" one.

cmwade77

Universal has announced masks are optional, but recommended for unvaccinated as of June 15 and no more reservations as of that date either.

Ryan120420

Universal has announced masks are optional, but recommended for unvaccinated as of June 15 and no more reservations as of that date either.

Where have you seen this at? I can't find anything on their website or social media accounts of such changes.

Reservations for Annual Passholders were dropped back in May.

Before the shutdown, Universal Studios Hollywood already operated on a reservation system for all their single day tickets except "1-Day Anytime" tickets. So I HIGHLY doubt they would reverse course on that system.

cmwade77

Where have you seen this at? I can't find anything on their website or social media accounts of such changes.

Reservations for Annual Passholders were dropped back in May.

Before the shutdown, Universal Studios Hollywood already operated on a reservation system for all their single day tickets except "1-Day Anytime" tickets. So I HIGHLY doubt they would reverse course on that system.
It seems to be hit or miss on if the website displays the information for you. One minute it will show, if you refresh it won't. My guess is they have multiple servers and not all have been updated.

But a friend first saw it posted on Disboards and here is the OC Register link:

If it is a paywall, try opening in incognito mode.

I also believe they mentioned it in some comments on their Facebook page.

Last edited:

SoCalDisneyLover

So despite Universal stating back in April that you would be able to upgrade from a Gold AP to the Platinum AP, when it became available, that's apparently not the case if you used the Flex Pay option for the Gold AP. They won't even let you pay off the Flex Pay balance and then upgrade, it's simply that You Can't Upgrade.

Very disappointed, and now I guess I'm stuck with the Gold AP, when I was willing to pay the additional amount for the Platinum. I'm just going to visit a few times so I can feel I got some value, but I won't be going as much since I have no desire to stand in Universal's long lines. That was why I wanted the Platinum. I should have waited I guess, even though they had said the Gold AP could be upgraded.

I won't be getting another pass from Universal in the future, and regret giving them $250.

Emmanuel

What's the best pass they offer? I may purchase one tonight.

The Platinum Annual Pass appears to be the best one. Its currently $449 ($10 off because its an online purchase) and theres Flexpay available for that pass.

Comes with Universal Express and a free Horror Night ticket which the other two don't have. It also has no blackout dates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom