All things Magic Mountain

Nirya

Twisted Colossus is such a clear #1 at Magic Mountain. Just a tremendous ride and a step above what exists there. Rest of the top 3 would be Tatsu and Apocalypse (I have a soft spot for solid wooden roller coasters, and that was such an improvement over Psyclone. X2 is fine, and Full Throttle feels more like a proof of concept than an actual coaster. Honestly Batman might take the 5th spot over some of the other coasters.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Twisted Colossus is such a clear #1 at Magic Mountain. Just a tremendous ride and a step above what exists there. Rest of the top 3 would be Tatsu and Apocalypse (I have a soft spot for solid wooden roller coasters, and that was such an improvement over Psyclone. X2 is fine, and Full Throttle feels more like a proof of concept than an actual coaster. Honestly Batman might take the 5th spot over some of the other coasters.
In full agreement with you on Twisted Colossus. It is just great all around. I get where you are coming from on your other picks and I really can't disagree with you. I get where you are coming from but I think I enjoyed Full Throttle more than you did. That loop really is something else. Plus that top hat is top notch.

ToTBellHop

Thank you so much! Also how or do they check that you live in California? Asking because I go to college in Costa Mesa but don’t have CA drivers license since a MA resident. I’m going this week when I’m back from Boston super excited!
When you purchase your ticket, you attest that you will be a California resident when you visit.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Here is the rest of my TOP 10 coasters at SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN.

(Now I am only ranking based on coasters I have actually ridden. So Apocalypse is not on the list because I did not have the pleasure of riding it last time I WENT to the park due to the wait for Green Lantern and West Coast Racers is not on the list because it did not exist when I last visited the park. So keep that in mind.)

10. Superman: The Escape or as its called now "Escape from Krypton", even though you are in the Fortress of Solitude on Earth (Yes I consider this a coaster)
9. Revolution (Will never call it The New Revolution because it sounds dumb. It is always just Revolution to me)
8. Goliath
7. Viper
6. Riddler's Revenge

I love Gold Rusher and understand its historical significance and it is still a fun ride but not one of the best anymore.
I debated between Ninja and Revolution and while I love both I enjoy Revolution more. But Ninja is still a great ride.
Scream gave me a headache and while its nice it is in no way the best the park has to offer.

Last edited:

Nirya

In full agreement with you on Twisted Colossus. It is just great all around. I get where you are coming from on your other picks and I really can't disagree with you. I get where you are coming from but I think I enjoyed Full Throttle more than you did. That loop really is something else. Plus that top hat is top notch.

Yeah, I'm not saying Full Throttle is bad, but it really feels like Magic Mountain built it specifically to have the giant loop and top hat and forgot to build much of a ride beyond that. It's a bit frustrating considering they got rid of Logjammers to build it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yeah, I'm not saying Full Throttle is bad, but it really feels like Magic Mountain built it specifically to have the giant loop and top hat and forgot to build much of a ride beyond that. It's a bit frustrating considering they got rid of Logjammers to build it.
I do miss Logjammer. But full throttle is fun. I like the 2nd launch in the tunnel before the top hat a lot.

PiratesMansion

While I agree it is different from most hyper coasters, that doesn't necessarily mean what it does different is good. I'd rather do any B&M, Intamin, or RMC hyper than Goliath
I'd agree that all of those companies make objectively better rides, but sometimes different is good too. I can only do so many B&M similar-ish out and back hyper coasters before I want something else. And I actually really like a lot of those same-ish B&M hypers! But variety is the spice of life.

RMC makes great rides but again, their trains and restraints don't work well with my body shape. So RMCs do not really factor much into my plans. If I could reliably ride them I would be just as excited about them as everyone else.

SuddenStorm

Full Throttle feels more like a proof of concept than an actual coaster.

I definitely think it was- just like I assume Superman was a proof of concept for that launch system.

Full Throttle is a fun ride, but I miss the Log Jammer. They got rid of a lot of nature for Full Throttle which I think is a huge loss for the park's aesthetic.

Same with Ninja- excellent ride but that area is so bare now that they've removed basically every tree after the branch fell on the track a few years back. I understand the need for safety, but there had to have been a better ground where they inspect and remove dead trees/branches but leave enough there that the area is still appealing.

I actually enjoy the Roaring Rapids because it doesn't feel like a ride at a Six Flags park.

SuddenStorm

That vr was such as stupid idea. You are on a coaster- wow enough. It slowed the loading time and the vr had to be wiped down. You just know that was some stupid exec's idea.

It's an interesting concept, and I anticipate we'll see VR in theme parks experimented with quite a bit more in the years to come.

But, I really hope that themed designers understand that whats tangible, real, and can be experienced in a group capacity is what makes theme parks special. Riding a coaster with friends is better then riding one by yourself- and the VR headset isolates you from your group.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It's an interesting concept, and I anticipate we'll see VR in theme parks experimented with quite a bit more in the years to come.

But, I really hope that themed designers understand that whats tangible, real, and can be experienced in a group capacity is what makes theme parks special. Riding a coaster with friends is better then riding one by yourself- and the VR headset isolates you from your group.
I don't even think it was an interesting concept.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I definitely think it was- just like I assume Superman was a proof of concept for that launch system.

Full Throttle is a fun ride, but I miss the Log Jammer. They got rid of a lot of nature for Full Throttle which I think is a huge loss for the park's aesthetic.

Same with Ninja- excellent ride but that area is so bare now that they've removed basically every tree after the branch fell on the track a few years back. I understand the need for safety, but there had to have been a better ground where they inspect and remove dead trees/branches but leave enough there that the area is still appealing.

I actually enjoy the Roaring Rapids because it doesn't feel like a ride at a Six Flags park.
Part of the joy of Ninja is that if feels like you are flying through a forest due to the trees

mickEblu

Back when Six Flags had their own Critter Country with Mooseburger Lodge, Log Jammer and Yosemite Sam Sierra Falls. Those were the days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom