All things Magic Mountain

Darkbeer1

Let me give you the official words
... "Six Flags Magic Mountain currently does not have the capability to offer EV charging stations at this time
"

My suggestion; head to the Valencia Town Center and use one of theirs, then Uber.

Nearby is the Auto Center complex, and your brand might offer the service.

Good luck.

milordsloth

... "Six Flags Magic Mountain currently does not have the capability to offer EV charging stations at this time
"

My suggestion; head to the Valencia Town Center and use one of theirs, then Uber.

Good luck.

How did it work with the 15min intervals for reservations? Were you there at opening for the day?

SuddenStorm

Not long, but deceiving. Reduced capacity on the rides and cleaning protocols severely reduce normal capacity.

How does it compare to the impact the VR had on Revolution and Drop of Doom's capacity? I remember those lines moving significantly slower due to the increased time needed for everyone to put on their VR stuff.

Six Flags has never been known for efficient ride operation.

SuddenStorm

Best 3 coasters at Magic Mountain.. in no particular order.

1. Tatsu
2. Riddlers Revenge
3. Twisted Colossus (haven’t been on it but I know it will be in the Top 3)

Surprised you put Riddler's in the top 3. I'd put Goliath or X2 over it.

Twisted Colossus is a delightful ride, even if it's limited by some cost savings in the queue area.

mickEblu

Surprised you put Riddler's in the top 3. I'd put Goliath or X2 over it.

Twisted Colossus is a delightful ride, even if it's limited by some cost savings in the queue area.

Riddlers Revenge was an incredible coaster when it was new and for many years afterward. Perfect amount of thrill and super smooth. It wasn’t as smooth the last time I rode it about 7-8 years ago but it was so great for so long I have to put it there out of Respect. X2 I went on once and was too disorienting to me and I didn’t like how my body got tossed around in there. Goliath actually is in my Top3 when I don’t include Twisted Colossus that haven’t been on. Haha.

PiratesMansion

Best 3 coasters at Magic Mountain.. in no particular order.

1. Tatsu
2. Riddlers Revenge
3. Twisted Colossus (haven’t been on it but I know it will be in the Top 3)
Tatsu is the one roller coaster that still scares the crud out of me. Unlike the other flying coasters out there, it's SO MUCH HIGHER off the ground, which just reinforces that the only thing keeping me from falling to my death is one restraint. I know there's never been any issues of failure with that restraint or that coaster manufacturer, and that the fear is irrational, but that's where my mind goes. That's the ONLY ride I can think of anywhere that does that to me.

I wouldn't put Riddler in my top 3 there, but it is one of the only stand-up coasters I like, so I'll give it credit.

My top 3 would be:
1. X2
2. Ninja (I have a soft spot for suspended coasters, and it's one of only three left in the country)
3. Twisted Collossus (probably the best ride there objectively, but my body shape does not like the RMC lap bars, so whether or not I get to ride is a roll of the dice)

davis_unoxx

"

Good luck.
Thank you so much! Also how or do they check that you live in California? Asking because I go to college in Costa Mesa but don’t have CA drivers license since a MA resident. I’m going this week when I’m back from Boston super excited!

milordsloth

Not magic mountain, but I'm at Discovery Kingdom today and so nice to finally be back on California coasters! I got the first ride of the day on Joker. Such a nice day

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Y'all are giving Goliath too much love 😂, it's not that great other than the drop and that airtime hill after the drop
Fully agree. Goliath to me is very overrated. Yes, the drop at the start is just amazing but after that it rests on its laurels and is just lazy. Lots of straight areas of tracks and hills. STILL a fun ride, don't get me wrong but not in my top 5. In the top 10 for sure but it would be like in the 7 or 8 spot.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Tatsu is the one roller coaster that still scares the crud out of me. Unlike the other flying coasters out there, it's SO MUCH HIGHER off the ground, which just reinforces that the only thing keeping me from falling to my death is one restraint. I know there's never been any issues of failure with that restraint or that coaster manufacturer, and that the fear is irrational, but that's where my mind goes. That's the ONLY ride I can think of anywhere that does that to me.

I wouldn't put Riddler in my top 3 there, but it is one of the only stand-up coasters I like, so I'll give it credit.

My top 3 would be:
1. X2
2. Ninja (I have a soft spot for suspended coasters, and it's one of only three left in the country)
3. Twisted Collossus (probably the best ride there objectively, but my body shape does not like the RMC lap bars, so whether or not I get to ride is a roll of the dice)
Twisted Colossus is the BEST COASTER I have ever been on. It honors the original ride but does its own unique thing. It is a hell of a experience and sooooo much fun.

PostScott

Twisted Colossus is the BEST COASTER I have ever been on. It honors the original ride but does its own unique thing. It is a hell of a experience and sooooo much fun.
TC in the back gives so much ejector airtime. The first time I rode it though the seatbelt was unfortunately placed right on my man part and every airtime hill made me wish I was dead. Haven't experienced that since but everytime I ride now is amazing.

1. TC
2. Tatsu
3. X2
4. Full Throttle
5. Apocalypse

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

TC in the back gives so much ejector airtime. The first time I rode it though the seatbelt was unfortunately placed right on my man part and every airtime hill made me wish I was dead. Haven't experienced that since but everytime I ride now is amazing.

1. TC
2. Tatsu
3. X2
4. Full Throttle
5. Apocalypse
On my last visit I got to ride TC twice in the front row and it was sooo much fun with a ton of airtime. I did not have the seatbelt experience you did. However when I went on SCREAM the parking lot coaster, I kept hitting my head in between the shoulder restraints. So that took away from me enjoyment of the ride. Didn't get to ride Apocalypse because I ran out of time in the day because I wasted nearly 2 hours waiting for Green Lantern and omg not only was that a waste of time but that is the worst ride I have ever been on and omg did it hurt my man parts after every drop. Glad that ride is gone now.

PiratesMansion

I appreciate that Goliath does something different from other hypercoasters. That said, having gone to Six Flags Over Texas multiple times before I ever made it to SFMM it's not something I'm inclined to go out of my way to ride. Why seek out "Titan but without the extra helix" when there are so many better coasters to ride that are actually unique to Magic Mountain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom