All things Magic Mountain

SuddenStorm

The Wings by Full Throttle used to be very good, last time I had them, they were just good.

I believe we made the same wing sauces as High Octane Wings at Full Throttle Sports Bar back when I worked there- and the wings were awesome.

The Sweet and Spicy BBQ wings used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ, Honey, and Sriracha. Which is actually really really good.

The normal Buffalo Hot n' Spicy wings used Frank's Red Hot as a base, but added worcestire and a few other seasonings as well as a ton of butter.

The Garlic Parm wing sauce was literally just melted butter with the garlic and the Parmesan added.

But, I saw a number of cuts to the menu and recipes for other items while I was there, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've cut back on their wing recipes.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I believe we made the same wing sauces as High Octane Wings at Full Throttle Sports Bar back when I worked there- and the wings were awesome.

The Sweet and Spicy BBQ wings used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ, Honey, and Sriracha. Which is actually really really good.

The normal Buffalo Hot n' Spicy wings used Frank's Red Hot as a base, but added worcestire and a few other seasonings as well as a ton of butter.

The Garlic Parm wing sauce was literally just melted butter with the garlic and the Parmesan added.

But, I saw a number of cuts to the menu and recipes for other items while I was there, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've cut back on their wing recipes.
Can I ask what years you worked there from?

J4546

I went to six flags MM with my gf yesterday....it was seriously the worst amusement park experience Ive ever had. Just getting into the park took a hour....then I went to the bathroom. the bathroom smelled and everything was wet, no mirror and half the faucets didnt work. Went on a ride, it broke down while we were on it and had to sit for 20 minutes. Then got food....1st place we went to was closed....2nd place was closed....3rd place was closed....finally find a place that sell burgers and chicken clubs.....2 chicken club sandwiches and 2 waters was 50 bucks. the sandwiches were so bad my gf couldnt eat hers so we had to find another place to eat, got a slice of pizza, that slice of pizza was 17 bucks..... Then used another bathroom which was just as bad as the first one I went into...nobody cleans them.

and the worst part of everything, there was literally no covid protocall enforcement at all. I took pics and tagged sixflags on twitter because lines were so packed with people pushing against each other. we actually left the park early because we felt unsafe. Now, it really sucks that even with signs telling you about spacing, and markers on the ground, and even notices played over the speakers, that some people are just soo stupid they cant figure out the most basic protocalls, but that seems to be the majority people that go to six flags. Also, the people that go to six flags are trashy as hell. Nothing makes a park experience better than hearing trashy loud ignorant idiots screaming vulgar obscenities and racial slurs at each other while surrounded by children... they have no standards at all. Six flags is just a daycare for loud trashy idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I went to six flags MM with my gf yesterday....it was seriously the worst amusement park experience Ive ever had. Just getting into the park took a hour....then I went to the bathroom. the bathroom smelled like **** and everything was wet, no mirror and half the faucets didnt work. Went on a ride, it broke down while we were on it and had to sit for 20 minutes. Then got food....1st place we went to was closed....2nd place was closed....3rd place was closed....finally find a place that sell burgers and chicken clubs.....2 chicken club sandwiches and 2 waters was 50 bucks. the sandwiches were so bad my gf couldnt eat hers so we had to find another place to eat, got a slice of pizza, that slice of pizza was 17 bucks..... Then used another bathroom which was just as bad as the first one I went into...nobody cleans them.

and the worst part of everything, there was literally no covid protocall enforcement at all. I took pics and tagged sixflags on twitter because lines were so packed with people pushing against each other. we actually left the park early because we felt unsafe. Now, it really sucks that even with signs telling you about spacing, and markers on the ground, and even notices played over the speakers, that some people are just soo stupid they cant figure out the most basic protocalls, but that seems to be the majority people that go to six flags. Also, the people that go to six flags are trashy as hell. Nothing makes a park experience better than hearing trashy loud ignorant idiots screaming vulgar obscenities and racial slurs at each other while surrounded by children... they have no standards at all. Six flags is just a daycare for loud trashy idiots.

Just an absolutely trashy ****ty park and I will never go back
you can't even name the ride that broke down? I find your account suspect.

PiratesMansion

I went to six flags MM with my gf yesterday....it was seriously the worst amusement park experience Ive ever had. Just getting into the park took a hour....then I went to the bathroom. the bathroom smelled like **** and everything was wet, no mirror and half the faucets didnt work. Went on a ride, it broke down while we were on it and had to sit for 20 minutes. Then got food....1st place we went to was closed....2nd place was closed....3rd place was closed....finally find a place that sell burgers and chicken clubs.....2 chicken club sandwiches and 2 waters was 50 bucks. the sandwiches were so bad my gf couldnt eat hers so we had to find another place to eat, got a slice of pizza, that slice of pizza was 17 bucks..... Then used another bathroom which was just as bad as the first one I went into...nobody cleans them.

I'm not really sure what you expected.

Rides break down. It happens. It especially happens if they haven't run for awhile. Not something you probably have to deal with much in Southern California, but in places where parks are seasonal, people know to expect more breakdowns and more inexperienced staff at the start of the season. It happens at every park, every year. Eventually they get into a groove, but there's always a learning curve.

Keep in mind also that the parks in California are having to rebuild their staffing right now, and that's something that a park like Magic Mountain probably hasn't had to do on this level since it opened originally. They will add staff as more become available, but with capacity restrictions in place, they were never going to able to fully staff the place anyway. Nowhere is going to be fully staffed, including Disney, until this is over.

Six Flags typically has pretty terrible overpriced food (I know some disagree, but that's been my experience). That's nothing new at all.

Perhaps the places you've been going to over the past year have had 100% perfect covid compliance, but that's not been my experience at all, and that's especially true where theme parks and outdoor spaces (zoos, etc) have been concerned. I went to six parks last year, and only one of them (Kings Island) really had the staff and the dedication necessary to actually enforce their covid policies. Apparently Disney's pretty good at it, which is great. But I specifically chose parks last year that were close to me that were apparently very good at enforcing covid policies; the reality was that other than Kings Island, that level of covid enforcement just didn't happen. But my experience was hardly unique-most anyone who had been able to go to almost any park last year could have told you that. Anyone going to just about any park right now, even in California, should go in expecting that many, MANY people will be wearing their masks improperly and won't be distancing unless they are actively being forced to do at all times, which...most parks just don't have the staff for at this moment.

If you're planning on going to almost any park right now, you pretty much need to accept a lot of these things or you're better off not going until things truly are closer to normal. I wish things were different, but that's just not reality right now.

milordsloth

For me the experiences of X2, Tatsu, and Goliath (among all the others) would make me forgive all of that. I'll be back down to Magic Mountain in June amd can't wait to finally get on those rides again.

CaptinEO

That sounds awful. I drive by there every day and rarely see any coasters running, unlike what it used to be.

I'm glad I didn't go when they reopened. Sorry it has been so bad. Reminds me of my last visit to Knotts (2017).

CaptinEO

I'm not really sure what you expected.

Rides break down. It happens. It especially happens if they haven't run for awhile. Not something you probably have to deal with much in Southern California, but in places where parks are seasonal, people know to expect more breakdowns and more inexperienced staff at the start of the season. It happens at every park, every year. Eventually they get into a groove, but there's always a learning curve.

Keep in mind also that the parks in California are having to rebuild their staffing right now, and that's something that a park like Magic Mountain probably hasn't had to do on this level since it opened originally. They will add staff as more become available, but with capacity restrictions in place, they were never going to able to fully staff the place anyway. Nowhere is going to be fully staffed, including Disney, until this is over.

Six Flags typically has pretty terrible overpriced food (I know some disagree, but that's been my experience). That's nothing new at all.

Perhaps the places you've been going to over the past year have had 100% perfect covid compliance, but that's not been my experience at all, and that's especially true where theme parks and outdoor spaces (zoos, etc) have been concerned. I went to six parks last year, and only one of them (Kings Island) really had the staff and the dedication necessary to actually enforce their covid policies. Apparently Disney's pretty good at it, which is great. But I specifically chose parks last year that were close to me that were apparently very good at enforcing covid policies; the reality was that other than Kings Island, that level of covid enforcement just didn't happen. But my experience was hardly unique-most anyone who had been able to go to almost any park last year could have told you that. Anyone going to just about any park right now, even in California, should go in expecting that many, MANY people will be wearing their masks improperly and won't be distancing unless they are actively being forced to do at all times, which...most parks just don't have the staff for at this moment.

If you're planning on going to almost any park right now, you pretty much need to accept a lot of these things or you're better off not going until things truly are closer to normal. I wish things were different, but that's just not reality right now.
Huh? You're saying he should expect they don't clean the bathrooms or fix the sinks? Especially in the midst of a pandemic. And expect to pay 17 bucks for one slice of pizza?

I appreciate the poster warning us.

ToTBellHop

Huh? You're saying he should expect they don't clean the bathrooms or fix the sinks? Especially in the midst of a pandemic. And expect to pay 17 bucks for one slice of pizza?

I’ve never visited a Six Flags park and been impressed at their park management. They build crazy coasters and that’s really all they excel at. If you want to spend all day riding crazy coasters, they are the best choice. If you want a slightly more nuanced amusement park, you go Cedar Fair. And if you want theme parks, you go to Universal or Disney. You go to Sea World to feel bad.

Curious Constance

I’ve never visited a Six Flags park and been impressed at their park management. They build crazy coasters and that’s really all they excel at. If you want to spend all day riding crazy coasters, they are the best choice. If you want a slightly more nuanced amusement park, you go Cedar Fair. And if you want theme parks, you go to Universal or Disney. You go to Sea World to feel bad.
If by feeling bad at Sea World you mean because of all of the animals living out life at Sea World, allow me to share my views on the matter. I used to feel guilty enjoying trips to zoos and aquariums. I am a HUGE lover of all animals. And it just made me sad to think of them being there so I can have a fun time looking at them. BUT, the older I got the more I realized two things.

Before I get to those there is one caveat. These views only count IF the animals are cared for to a spectacular degree. Living conditions and treatment must be optimal or these two points go out the window. And coincidentally, my belief is that the animals at Sea World are treated well the vast majority of time.

Okay, number one. A lot of the animals you see at zoos or aquariums wouldn’t be able to live out their life in the wild due to injuries or medical conditions. I’m glad these animals get a second chance at life with the added bonus of making millions of people happy simply by watching them live.

Number two, and most important I think. The exposure these “ambassador “ animals get in places like zoos and aquariums, and the subsequent joy it brings to millions of people all across the world, is HUGE for the ultimate well being of their entire species. Bringing Awareness and affection for these animals to the masses can literally change the future of for tons of animals. Having personal encounters with them, really makes people care on a personal level. They will shell out more cash and do way more things for the well-being of a species if they’ve had a positive, personal experience with them. We raise far more money, and pass far more laws to benefit animals because of it, I’m sure of that. ❤️
Okay I’m done 😊

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Nowhere did I say that he should have expected poor bathroom maintenance, only the things I specifically cited, though things being in less than optimal repair shouldn't really be a surprise at a Six Flags. But everything I did point out, including those food prices, are things that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who 1) has been to a Six Flags park in the past twenty years, and 2) has paid any attention to how things have been at parks that were open in the past year.

CaptinEO

Nowhere did I say that he should have expected poor bathroom maintenance, only the things I specifically cited, though things being in less than optimal repair shouldn't really be a surprise at a Six Flags. But everything I did point out, including those food prices, are things that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who 1) has been to a Six Flags park in the past twenty years, and 2) has paid any attention to how things have been at parks that were open in the past year.
The food prices are astronomical, even by themepark standards. I definitely would not expect two quick service items and water to cost 50 dollars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom