All things Magic Mountain

Darkbeer1

Props to those going on the first day or weeks . My partner and I were talking about this today. They are brave. That's such a quick turn around to get it up and running. I know Disneyland resort has more time but even still is rushing it for them.

The rides have been run, regular inspections and maintenance have been going on, plus the downtime was used to make improvements.

I am going day 1 (4/1 and 4/2) along with my Wife Lisa, neither of us are worried about the attractions. If anything, we are worried about the other guests, and some weird rules mandated by the State.

I love the fact we are now Diamond Elite members through 2022, will be getting a Six Flags gift card equal to 13 months of payments we made.

Should be interesting to see if we can use our refillable cups, or will they give us paper cups due to COVID.

Darkbeer1

>>Magic Mountain’s advance reservations for April 1 and 2 had reached capacity and April 3 was mostly booked before Los Angeles County was cleared to move from the red to the orange tier. Magic Mountain could release additional reservations under the increased capacity limits.<<

>>Ride enthusiasts who show up to Six Flags Magic Mountain on reopening weekend can expect their favorite coasters to be running with longer-than-usual socially distanced lines and half-full ride vehicles as employees adjust to the new normal of running a theme park.

The message here is simple: Be patient. Most of us haven’t been in a theme park in over a year. Enjoy it. And remember many Magic Mountain employees haven’t been to work in a year either and they have a ton of new procedures to master. Be kind. Don’t complain. And have fun. No matter how long it takes to get on Tatsu, Twisted Colossus or X2.<<

Darkbeer1

No virtual queues, or Flash Pass. Just outdoor queues with ground dots 6 feet apart.

All shops open (most of them) are using an entrance only door, and an exit only door with staff monitoring.

The All you can drink cups are slowing down food lines. Freestyle (self-service) machines are out of order, and guests are being handed 21 ounce paper cups, and then the guest pours it into the plastic "bottle" (SF term). Seems like the food lines were longer than the ride lines.

Justice League was operating. (Indoor ride).

New security/temperature check was a breeze. Walk through a long temperature tent and a camera checks your temperature, no stopping. Then walk past a set of vertical metal blades, a computer "looks" at you and your bags for suspicious items, and most folks are green lighted, once again, no stopping.

Make sure and have your reservation barcode (one per group) at the turnstiles, plus your pass/ticket barcode.

Have fun!

MidwestStitch

No virtual queues, or Flash Pass. Just outdoor queues with ground dots 6 feet apart.

All shops open (most of them) are using an entrance only door, and an exit only door with staff monitoring.

The All you can drink cups are slowing down food lines. Freestyle (self-service) machines are out of order, and guests are being handed 21 ounce paper cups, and then the guest pours it into the plastic "bottle" (SF term). Seems like the food lines were longer than the ride lines.

Justice League was operating. (Indoor ride).

New security/temperature check was a breeze. Walk through a long temperature tent and a camera checks your temperature, no stopping. Then walk past a set of vertical metal blades, a computer "looks" at you and your bags for suspicious items, and most folks are green lighted, once again, no stopping.

Make sure and have your reservation barcode (one per group) at the turnstiles, plus your pass/ticket barcode.

Have fun!

How were the lines?

Darkbeer1

From the videos I saw on local news, looked like folks were happy to be there and having a good time. Unlikely I'll drive out there but very happy parks have started safely opening.

I would say the vast majority of guests were very happy, and patient. Just being in the park doing something "normal" (A comment I overheard).

Now this was only Passholders attending, and might be different when regular guests start to attend tomorrow.

Lisa and I are leaving in just over a hour for day 2 at the park, and then heading to Pacific Park to ride Westcoaster.

davis_unoxx

I would say the vast majority of guests were very happy, and patient. Just being in the park doing something "normal" (A comment I overheard).

Now this was only Passholders attending, and might be different when regular guests start to attend tomorrow.

Lisa and I are leaving in just over a hour for day 2 at the park, and then heading to Pacific Park to ride Westcoaster.
67F73A82-30EA-406A-9136-D7BD2D44E2DD.png

I heard from some people full parking lot still not fully open, one half for vaccines? I have an EV and was wondering if this part of the parking lot looked open to you? Thanks!

Darkbeer1

View attachment 544480
I heard from some people full parking lot still not fully open, one half for vaccines? I have an EV and was wondering if this part of the parking lot looked open to you? Thanks!
Since I have an ECV, I can tell you yes. Make sure your ADA placard is visible. You are sent up the main exit. When you get to the edge of the parking lot, staff will have turn to enter the exit road, and then make an immediate right into the ADA section. So it looks a bit weird, but works.

davis_unoxx

Since I have an ECV, I can tell you yes. Make sure your ADA placard is visible. You are sent up the main exit. When you get to the edge of the parking lot, staff will have turn to enter the exit road, and then make an immediate right into the ADA section. So it looks a bit weird, but works.
Oh sorry I meant electric vehicle, the pin on map I had is where station is. Sorry for confusion but thank you!

milordsloth

Are people allowed to have beverages in the lines? I'm going to Discovery Kingdom tomorrow and imagine it will be similar rules.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom