All things Magic Mountain

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

01%2BMagic%2BMountain%2BSign.jpg

Anyone know what is inside the old information/gift store building at the bottom of this sign?

3642219559_c69d9a12ab_c.jpg
i own that stein

socalifornian

01%2BMagic%2BMountain%2BSign.jpg

Anyone know what is inside the old information/gift store building at the bottom of this sign?

3642219559_c69d9a12ab_c.jpg
Think I’ve seen cars parked in front of it once in the 23 years I’ve lived nearby. Otherwise it’s just the very occasional painters that tend to it. It would be nice if they went up the hill and painted the parks

Phroobar

Original Poster
MM really needs to do something with the Sky Tower. A restaurant or a lounge/bar sound like great ideas. They could call it the "Mile-High Club" and make it Six Flags equivalent to Club 33 or at least the Lamplight Lounge.

Darkbeer1

>>Six Flags Magic Mountain has called on Gov. Gavin Newsom and state officials to issue “achievable” COVID-19 health and safety guidelines that will allow California theme parks to reopen after nearly seven months of coronavirus closures.

“We are asking the state to provide us with achievable next steps in order for California’s theme park industry to successfully come back to life,” according to a statement from Six Flags. “We are more than ready and eager to reopen our park.”<<

>>“It is imperative that the state work with the industry to review all theme parks’ plans and visit the parks to see for themselves the significant efforts to safely and securely reopen during the pandemic,” according to a statement from Six Flags.

Magic Mountain has issued proposed guidelines that are now familiar as part of the “new normal” in the COVID-19 era: Mandatory masks, social distancing, increased sanitization, contactless payments, reduced attraction capacity and employee training.

“In consultation with our epidemiologist, we have developed wide-ranging safety standards that exceed city, state and CDC guidelines,” according to a statement from Six Flags. “These health and safety plans have been shared in great detail with California state and local officials.”<<

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

>>Six Flags Magic Mountain has called on Gov. Gavin Newsom and state officials to issue “achievable” COVID-19 health and safety guidelines that will allow California theme parks to reopen after nearly seven months of coronavirus closures.

“We are asking the state to provide us with achievable next steps in order for California’s theme park industry to successfully come back to life,” according to a statement from Six Flags. “We are more than ready and eager to reopen our park.”<<

>>“It is imperative that the state work with the industry to review all theme parks’ plans and visit the parks to see for themselves the significant efforts to safely and securely reopen during the pandemic,” according to a statement from Six Flags.

Magic Mountain has issued proposed guidelines that are now familiar as part of the “new normal” in the COVID-19 era: Mandatory masks, social distancing, increased sanitization, contactless payments, reduced attraction capacity and employee training.

“In consultation with our epidemiologist, we have developed wide-ranging safety standards that exceed city, state and CDC guidelines,” according to a statement from Six Flags. “These health and safety plans have been shared in great detail with California state and local officials.”<<
If they are sending Disney to voicemail then they have all of Six Flag's calls blocked.

SplashGhost

I finally paused my Magic Mountain membership yesterday, as I have given up on theme parks reopening anytime soon. I really wish I did that much earlier. Since I was already Diamond Elite, the benefits for paying during the closure weren't worth it to me.

SplashGhost

cmwade77

Rich T

Latest survey focused on nice steakhouses, and wanted a lot of opinions on different fast food places including those at Busch plus Krusty at Universal

View attachment 504371View attachment 504372View attachment 504373View attachment 504370View attachment 504374
Are they thinking of bringing back the Four Winds Steakhouse??? Never ate there, but from the early 70’s brochure photo of the well-to-do fancy-dressed couple enjoying an elegant theme park dinner near the “summit,” at least one table had a nifty view of Log Jammer’s upper section.

“Kids, you go ride Gold Rusher and El Bumpo a couple dozen times. Your Mom and I are taking Eagles Flight up to the...*Four Winds!*”

SuddenStorm

Are they thinking of bringing back the Four Winds Steakhouse??? Never ate there, but from the early 70’s brochure photo of the well-to-do fancy-dressed couple enjoying an elegant theme park dinner near the “summit,” at least one table had a nifty view of Log Jammer’s upper section.

“Kids, you go ride Gold Rusher and El Bumpo a couple dozen times. Your Mom and I are taking Eagles Flight up to the...*Four Winds!*”

That steakhouse sign on the building is still up too, you can see it down by Full Throttle. Faded and old of course, but it's pretty funny that steakhouse sign has remained despite a couple different rethemes of that building.

When I worked there, there was a ghost story about that building shared among employees- that every time they try to use it for something the furniture mysteriously breaks or something so Six Flags just doesn't use it. Ridiculous story obviously- since it gets used for special events- but it's fun to share.

SuddenStorm

Latest survey focused on nice steakhouses, and wanted a lot of opinions on different fast food places including those at Busch plus Krusty at Universal

View attachment 504371View attachment 504372View attachment 504373View attachment 504370View attachment 504374

That $15 for a nice Six Flags restaurant is funny, since the burger and fries at the Full Throttle Sports Bar (I was in the first wave of cooks for that restaurant!!!) is like $20+. For a burger that's higher quality than others in the park, but definitely not $20 good.

It was cool to see Six Flags make a conscious effort to improve their food, with the Sports Bar, Twisted Sandwich shop, and the reimagining of the Colossus fair area.

SplashGhost

Maybe it is just me, but I vastly prefer the fast food options at Magic Mountain over the fast food options at Disneyland. I mean, Magic Mountain's pizza is vastly superior to the pizza at Disneyland, and they even include cheese bread with it. I know the food is expensive on its own, but the meal plan is a really great value. I also really like the BBQ place by Riddler's Revenge, and Johnny Rocket's has far better chicken tenders and fries than you can get at the fast food places at Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom