All things Magic Mountain

PostScott

Maybe it is just me, but I vastly prefer the fast food options at Magic Mountain over the fast food options at Disneyland. I mean, Magic Mountain's pizza is vastly superior to the pizza at Disneyland, and they even include cheese bread with it. I know the food is expensive on its own, but the meal plan is a really great value. I also really like the BBQ place by Riddler's Revenge, and Johnny Rocket's has far better chicken tenders and fries than you can get at the fast food places at Disneyland.
I have been a season pass holder/ membership guy for the past 8 years with the dinning plan. First off, I think the dinning plan is one of the best add ons you could have on your pass/membership. If you go once a month or every other month, you're already saving so much money. I'll give SFMM that one up.

I also have been a ex-AP for DL and visit every year since it expired. While I do agree that the pizza is better at SFMM and the prices are better, the overall value and quality of food is vastly superior at DL. You can get a bread bowl with mac and cheese or clam chower or soup for about $10 that two people can share. Jolly Holiday Bakery offers better sandwiches than Twisted sandwiches for pretty much the same price. Some places at SFMM like Titans pizza are better (and dang I love those hot wings at full throttle), but I'd say overall I think the food options are better at DL.

But dang, for like $5 a month, you get two meals and one snack. That's pretty good for the quality of food at SFMM.

Disneylover152

I can't speak for the food at Magic Mountain, but the food at Six Flags Great Adventure over here in NJ is absolute trash. I have not once had a good meal, and I've been going for over 10 years now.

Darkbeer1

Six Flags takes an hour for QS restaraunts to serve you since they are so understaffed. For that alone, Disneyland wins.

I've been in huge Disneyland lines before for QS but its never takes me as long as SFMM

Nothing has better service than Ghost Town Grill and Johnny Rockets at Knott's for quick table service. Food is pretty good also!

SplashGhost

I have been a season pass holder/ membership guy for the past 8 years with the dinning plan. First off, I think the dinning plan is one of the best add ons you could have on your pass/membership. If you go once a month or every other month, you're already saving so much money. I'll give SFMM that one up.

I also have been a ex-AP for DL and visit every year since it expired. While I do agree that the pizza is better at SFMM and the prices are better, the overall value and quality of food is vastly superior at DL. You can get a bread bowl with mac and cheese or clam chower or soup for about $10 that two people can share. Jolly Holiday Bakery offers better sandwiches than Twisted sandwiches for pretty much the same price. Some places at SFMM like Titans pizza are better (and dang I love those hot wings at full throttle), but I'd say overall I think the food options are better at DL.

But dang, for like $5 a month, you get two meals and one snack. That's pretty good for the quality of food at SFMM.

I guess it is a matter of what food someone likes, but I really wish that Disneyland could at least get the basics right. It isn't that hard to make an edible pizza.

I've had the food in most of the six flags parks because of the dinning plan. I'd say that the only enjoyable park food was in Magic Mountain.

I ate at Discovery Kingdom in 2018 and the food was a huge dropoff in quality compared to Magic Mountain.

Six Flags takes an hour for QS restaraunts to serve you since they are so understaffed. For that alone, Disneyland wins.

I've been in huge Disneyland lines before for QS but its never takes me as long as SFMM.

I've known a few food service employees from my time working at Six Flags and they told me management knows they are understaffed but won't hire more people since "during non meal hours, the demand is met".

I agree that Magic Mountain needs to better staff their restaurants. I never waited close to an hour, but the waits have been much longer than they should be. They really need to introduce mobile ordering that supports the meal plan.

mickEblu

I guess it is a matter of what food someone likes, but I really wish that Disneyland could at least get the basics right. It isn't that hard to make an edible pizza.

I ate at Discovery Kingdom in 2018 and the food was a huge dropoff in quality compared to Magic Mountain.

I agree that Magic Mountain needs to better staff their restaurants. I never waited close to an hour, but the waits have been much longer than they should be. They really need to introduce mobile ordering that supports the meal plan.

I mean it is kind of odd that I can get some pretty good shrimp and cheese grits of all things at Cafe Orleans (soon to be Tianas cafe) but can’t find a decent slice of pizza in the parks.

Last edited:

NobodyElse

It's unclear if Vincent Price had a good meal after riding the Jet Stream.

Attachments

• 1602711581440.png
    1602711581440.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 76

TP2000

The pizza at Pizza Port has been awful for 20 years. They don't care. You can literally taste the tin content in the pizza because everything is from a can. A cheap, industrial sized can that is also sold to prisons and junior high schools.

And yet across the street is Pizza Press; fresh, delicious, custom-made, and two-thirds the price of Pizza Port. And served by friendly employees too. With a great beer selection. Did I mention delicious?

Making a pizza is not rocket science. But Disneyland's management are clearly not even close to being rocket scientists.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Can anyone else explain why exactly they thought it was a good idea to put two log flume rides in the same park. I completely forgot about Log Jammer until now lol
Once upon a time it was common to have "dueling" log flumes/shoot the chute rides in an amusement/theme park.

PostScott

Once upon a time it was common to have "dueling" log flumes/shoot the chute rides in an amusement/theme park.
I'll pass off knotts because at least their (used to be three) water rides are all different. Log flume, rapids, and shoot the chutes. Magic Mountain had two log flumes. I mean at least at least magic mountain themed them differently but I find it to be redundant. Then again, it is Six Flags.

And say, is anyone excited for that Jersey Devil clone?

Disneylover152

The pizza at Pizza Port has been awful for 20 years. They don't care. You can literally taste the tin content in the pizza because everything is from a can. A cheap, industrial sized can that is also sold to prisons and junior high schools.

And yet across the street is Pizza Press; fresh, delicious, custom-made, and two-thirds the price of Pizza Port. And served by friendly employees too. With a great beer selection. Did I mention delicious?

Making a pizza is not rocket science. But Disneyland's management are clearly not even close to being rocket scientists.
I really like the pizza at Tangora Terrace at the Disneyland hotel. It was expensive, but not as expensive as in the park, plus the pizza was bigger and tasted a lot better!

TP2000

I really like the pizza at Tangora Terrace at the Disneyland hotel. It was expensive, but not as expensive as in the park, plus the pizza was bigger and tasted a lot better!

Thanks, I'll have to try that when they reopen!

Back OT about Magic Mountain and food; I haven't been in many years. It was back in the 2000's when my young nephews were early teens and I dutifully took them to Six Flags to ride all the coasters. There was this weird area that was vaguely themed to Baja Mexico, with adobe buildings and "Mexican" theming and desert landscaping about. And there was a stucco adobe restaurant building with a Mexican themed patio in front, with mariachi music playing over the PA system. And yet the restaurant was... wait for it... a Panda Express.

And I thought "This place is awesome!"

I would love to sit in the conference room and listen to Six Flags management make these decisions.

Darkbeer1

Thanks, I'll have to try that when they reopen!

Back OT about Magic Mountain and food; I haven't been in many years. It was back in the 2000's when my young nephews were early teens and I dutifully took them to Six Flags to ride all the coasters. There was this weird area that was vaguely themed to Baja Mexico, with adobe buildings and "Mexican" theming and desert landscaping about. And there was a stucco adobe restaurant building with a Mexican themed patio in front, with mariachi music playing over the PA system. And yet the restaurant was... wait for it... a Panda Express.

And I thought "This place is awesome!"

I would love to sit in the conference room and listen to Six Flags management make these decisions.

It is now the "Chop Six" restaurant, still sells a good Orange Chicken with chop suey and rice.

BubbaQuest

Can anyone else explain why exactly they thought it was a good idea to put two log flume rides in the same park. I completely forgot about Log Jammer until now lol

It's funny I never considered them the same type of ride even though they were both log flumes. I'm sure it was for capacity, the log jammer had very long, slow lines.

For me, Jet Stream was the "extreme" thrill ride and log jammer was the family ride, even though I think log jammer had a longer drop. Jet Stream for me was all about speed. With the up bump at the bottom of the drop you sped over the water. Not sure when/why MM removed that bump.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom