All things Magic Mountain

PostScott

They got rid of all that for another steel coaster. Is it worth it? Haven’t been on that one yet. This would be like Disney getting rid of Autopia and all the trees for Tron.
Umm, I'd say so. Full Throttle is a worthy replacement of log jammer. However, I wouldn't compare the situation to if autopia was replaced by tron... which also would be a worthy replacement.

Log jammer, if I remember correctly, never really got attention except during the summer. I'd say the land is being put to more use because Full Throttle generally gets over a 45 min wait during the weekends, every weekend. Full Throttle is also is in the top 5 rides at the park, while no one considered jog jammer to be an essential magic mountain attraction. So if you get a chance, try to get on FT in both the front and the back.

SplashGhost

They got rid of all that for another steel coaster. Is it worth it? Haven’t been on that one yet. This would be like Disney getting rid of Autopia and all the trees for Tron.

Full Throttle is pretty great, but it feels like it ends a little too soon. It is definitely a lot more of a complete experience for a launch coaster than something like Xcelerator at Knott's is.

TP2000

Full Throttle is a great coaster with 2 amazing launches and one hell of a loop that you also do a top hat over. That being said I personally miss log jammer but I CAN safely say it was not replaced by a lesser attraction.

I forget which flume ride it was, it might have been Jet Stream and not Log Jammer, but on that last 2000's visit I distinctly remember sitting in a little fiberglass boat thing that was like sitting in a defective kitchen blender as it went rattle-rattle-bump-rattle-jerk!-rattle-rattle-lurch-rattle-crash!-rattle-rattle down the moldy and dingy fiberglass flume along some dying and drought stressed trees on the hillsides that Magic Mountain is built on.

This was at some point after we had enjoyed a Panda Express meal themed vaguely to Baja Mexico. And I just thought... "This place is awesome!" 🤣

mickEblu

Sorry guys I like trees and talking moose heads. And variety. You cant just go buy 50 foot + trees and there are plenty of other steel coasters all over the park

But sure if you re Just comparing attraction to attraction and capacity gains then I can see what you re talking about.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I forget which flume ride it was, it might have been Jet Stream and not Log Jammer, but on that last 2000's visit I distinctly remember sitting in a little fiberglass boat thing that was like sitting in a defective kitchen blender as it went rattle-rattle-bump-rattle-jerk!-rattle-rattle-lurch-rattle-crash!-rattle-rattle down the moldy and dingy fiberglass flume along some dying and drought stressed trees on the hillsides that Magic Mountain is built on.

This was at some point after we had enjoyed a Panda Express meal themed vaguely to Baja Mexico. And I just thought... "This place is awesome!" 🤣
That was Jet Stream which to me is not so much like a normal flume but a fun thrilling water ride.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Sorry guys I like trees and talking moose heads. And variety. You cant just go buy 50 foot + trees and there are plenty of other steel coasters all over the park

But sure if you re Just comparing attraction to attraction and capacity gains then I can see what you re talking about.
personally log jammer was my all time favorite log flume because it was my first. family used to have season passes to six flags when i was a kid we went almost every weekend and it was always the first ride we rode . lots of fond memories. I hated to see it go but what replaced it doesn't break my heart. Full Throttle is amazing. That loops is soo massive its like it slows down once you are in the center and its like you are not sure if its going to make it or roll back. lots of fun. great air time.

SplashGhost

One of the great things about Full Throttle is that it doesn't have OTSRs and it is so much more intense than The Incredicoaster. Incredicoaster would be greatly improved by not having OTSRs.

PostScott

One of the great things about Full Throttle is that it doesn't have OTSRs and it is so much more intense than The Incredicoaster. Incredicoaster would be greatly improved by not having OTSRs.
Yeah but those shin guards always made me wish I was dead. Not only are those things so uncomfortable, but I've hit my ankles on them so many times. You thought X2 and Viper were the rough coasters at SFMM? I dont remember ever getting bruises on those two rides... so 🤷‍♂️

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yeah but those shin guards always made me wish I was dead. Not only are those things so uncomfortable, but I've hit my ankles on them so many times. You thought X2 and Viper were the rough coasters at SFMM? I dont remember ever getting bruises on those two rides... so 🤷‍♂️
Viper has never been rough to me. neither was X2.

PostScott

Viper has never been rough to me. neither was X2.
Hmm you've been blessed 😂 . Viper, even though my head is over the restraints, is still painful and rough. X2 however is made to be intense similarly to I305, so I'll give it that. But that last flip over the last dropping element right before the brake run really bangs your legs against the seat. Has anyone else experienced this?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Hmm you've been blessed 😂 . Viper, even though my head is over the restraints, is still painful and rough. X2 however is made to be intense similarly to I305, so I'll give it that. But that last flip over the last dropping element right before the brake run really bangs your legs against the seat. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have never considered Viper rough or banged my head on it for had any pain. Viper is always a pleasure to ride.

SplashGhost

I'm not a huge fan of the shin guards on Full Throttle, but they don't bother me that much. It is better than having the hangtime limited with OTSRs.

The one time I rode X2, it was horrible and my head slammed against the back of the seat several times and it made me never want to ride it again. I love Viper and think it is one of the best rides in the park. It is long, intense, and leaves me satisfied. It is a little rough, but I'm so tall that my head is far above the restraints, so I don't have any serious issues with head banging. The only part that is really rough for me is the double loop since it jolts your neck back between the loops. Outside that, is a fantastic ride that might be in my top 5 for the park.

My favs at Magic Mountain are Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, Batman, Apocalypse, Viper, and Ninja. I love Arrow Suspended coasters so I really treasure Ninja.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I'm not a huge fan of the shin guards on Full Throttle, but they don't bother me that much. It is better than having the hangtime limited with OTSRs.

The one time I rode X2, it was horrible and my head slammed against the back of the seat several times and it made me never want to ride it again. I love Viper and think it is one of the best rides in the park. It is long, intense, and leaves me satisfied. It is a little rough, but I'm so tall that my head is far above the restraints, so I don't have any serious issues with head banging. The only part that is really rough for me is the double loop since it jolts your neck back between the loops. Outside that, is a fantastic ride that might be in my top 5 for the park.

My favs at Magic Mountain are Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, Batman, Apocalypse, Viper, and Ninja. I love Arrow Suspended coasters so I really treasure Ninja.
I loved X2. had no problem with it. its not for the faint of heart. Very, very intense coaster but sooo much fun

SplashGhost

I loved X2. had no problem with it. its not for the faint of heart. Very, very intense coaster but sooo much fun

Several times, I have thought about giving it another try in a different seat, but I'm like "there are a ton of rides I like here, so I rather not get a headache again when I could ride those other rides instead." I rode an outside seat when I did ride it and have heard that inside seats are much smoother. I have seriously considered trying an inside seat, but that first ride on it was just so bad to me that I never got around to it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Several times, I have thought about giving it another try in a different seat, but I'm like "there are a ton of rides I like here, so I rather not get a headache again when I could ride those other rides instead." I rode an outside seat when I did ride it and have heard that inside seats are much smoother. I have seriously considered trying an inside seat, but that first ride on it was just so bad to me that I never got around to it.
When I rode it I was the inside seat. To me, X2 blew me away. GAME CHANGER. It not only changed the game but then it threw away the key so no one can follow it up. The music, the fire, the flips as the vehicle moves, the speed omg it all combines for one hell of a coaster. Now this is not a coaster for beginners. Not at all. If you just starting out skip this one because it is meant for the hardcore coaster enthusiasts because it is probably the most intense coaster I have ever been on and its that way by design. But man, does it work sooo well and pack a punch. Loved it. Blew me away.

That said Twisted Colossus is the best coaster I have ever been on in my life and it made me cry at the end over how happy it made me both times I rode it and I have never cried on a coaster before.

Last edited:

SplashGhost

When I rode it I was the inside seat. To me, X2 blew me away. GAME CHANGER. It not only changed the game but then it threw away the key so no one can follow it up. The music, the fire, the flips as the vehicle moves, the speed omg it all combines for one hell of a coaster. Now this is not a coaster for beginners. Not at all. If you just starting out skip this one because it is mean for the hardcore coaster enthusiasts because it is probably the most intense coaster I have ever been on and its that way by design. But man, does it work sooo well and pack a punch. Loved it. Blew me away.

That said Twisted Colossus is the best coaster I have ever been on in my life and it made me cry at the end over how happy it made me both times I rode it and I have never cried on a coaster before.

I'm well experienced in coasters, the only other one that is currently at Magic Mountain that I only rode once was Riddler's Revenge because I think stand-ups are excruciatingly uncomfortable. Riddler's Revenge is one of the coolest looking coasters out there, but my ride on it was horrible. Too bad Scream is already a floorless, or otherwise this might get one of those floorless conversions.

Twisted Colossus is far and away the best coaster in California, but my favorite in the world is Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point. If you love Twisted Colossus, you will love Steel Vengeance even more.

I'm really hoping we get that Jersey Devil clone next year. Magic Mountain might start closing the gap with Cedar Point if they are the first to have two RMCs. I already feel like Magic Mountain has a much stronger lineup of lower tier coasters than Cedar Point does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom