All things Knotts Berry Farm

Stevek

So has anyone been to the craft thingy? How have the crowds been? We are thinking of stopping by Saturday just to get out of the house for a bit.

Darkbeer1

So has anyone been to the craft thingy? How have the crowds been? We are thinking of stopping by Saturday just to get out of the house for a bit.
Went Sunday around 5 PM, while people where in both the Marketplace and inside the park, it was fairly light. No wait to go through the Security/Health check to enter the park.

Lights were nice, Camp Snoopy was open, but only one entrance/exit. Only open to walk through, no shops open beside the Camp Snoopy Store at the entrance. Same with crossing the railroad tracks into the Stage area. The Woodcrafter is open, and some nice walking to the new Bear-y Tales Attraction. Have to exit back to the Saloon.

The Barn is open only for Photos with Santa. The path is closed before Calico River Rapids.

Miles, the Glass Blower and the Chainsaw Carver were both open.

So recommend arriving around Dusk for the best experience.

Stevek

Went Sunday around 5 PM, while people where in both the Marketplace and inside the park, it was fairly light. No wait to go through the Security/Health check to enter the park.

Lights were nice, Camp Snoopy was open, but only one entrance/exit. Only open to walk through, no shops open beside the Camp Snoopy Store at the entrance. Same with crossing the railroad tracks into the Stage area. The Woodcrafter is open, and some nice walking to the new Bear-y Tales Attraction. Have to exit back to the Saloon.

The Barn is open only for Photos with Santa. The path is closed before Calico River Rapids.

Miles, the Glass Blower and the Chainsaw Carver were both open.

So recommend arriving around Dusk for the best experience.
Thanks...that's what we were figuring as well as we want to see the camp snoopy lighting.

Stevek

I went both days. Very light attendance. We got there too early on Saturday and didn't realize camp snoopy was open for their lights until last minute. We didn't want to stay any longer so that's why we came back Sunday night to see them.
Perfect. Hopefully will be the same this weekend, especially with them adding extra days now.

Darkbeer1

Days Added for the Christmas Crafts Village
The Knott's Christmas Crafts Village will be open select days for your holiday shopping needs with dozens of local artisans selling unique and personalized gifts throughout Ghost Town. Along with access to the Christmas crafters, visitors can shop at over ten Ghost Town retail stores. Entrance to the area and parking is free but capacity will be limited.

Open Dec 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26 & 27 from 11am - 8pm.

Guests will not be permitted to open or consume any food or beverage items on property. Food and beverage items must be taken to-go for consumption off property only.

TP2000

Days Added for the Christmas Crafts Village
The Knott's Christmas Crafts Village will be open select days for your holiday shopping needs with dozens of local artisans selling unique and personalized gifts throughout Ghost Town. Along with access to the Christmas crafters, visitors can shop at over ten Ghost Town retail stores. Entrance to the area and parking is free but capacity will be limited.

Open Dec 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26 & 27 from 11am - 8pm.

Guests will not be permitted to open or consume any food or beverage items on property. Food and beverage items must be taken to-go for consumption off property only.

That's great news! I have half a mind to stop by next week just for fun.

Darkbeer1

Most Influential: Raffi Kaprelyan has guided Knott’s and other parks through pandemic closures – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

>>Raffi Kaprelyan has steered Knott’s Berry Farm and California’s Great America through the pandemic as the steady hand at the wheel during an unsteady year that left both California theme parks struggling to find a way to reopen and bring employees back to work.

Kaprelyan’s leadership during the coronavirus pandemic earned him a spot in the Orange County Register’s list of the 100 most influential people for 2020.

His mission in 2020 was to offer a steady hand and a message of hope to employees during uncertain times.

“If we don’t have hope as human beings we have nothing,” said Kaprelyan, 58, of Huntington Beach. “Through that process, I was showing them that whatever the government puts on us in regards to all the constraints, we can work around that to get our business back in order again. We had to give them something to focus on to keep them motivated.”<<

Much more at the link

TP2000

“If we don’t have hope as human beings we have nothing,” said Kaprelyan, 58, of Huntington Beach. “Through that process, I was showing them that whatever the government puts on us in regards to all the constraints, we can work around that to get our business back in order again. We had to give them something to focus on to keep them motivated.”<<

Wow. Now that man is a leader!

Good for him. This is one of those nice silver linings to all the arbitrary Covid closures; we're learning about all these really good leaders in SoCal's theme park industry.

Darkbeer1

4p148f8t8csfaobd.jpg

Disney Experience

I remember going to Knott's Berry Farm a lot as a child. The chicken dinners with Boysenberry Jam was a real treat. We were poor, but fortunate to live where we did. I remembered all of the different areas, but over the years have forgotten much. But I remember small things, such as the bees, the panning for gold(We never got to do that), and the park overall. I especially remember the mining ride, that I thought as a child was so big, but coming back decades later realized how much smaller and different than my childhood memories it was.

I have not been back in decades, living far away from it now. Perhaps post covid I will visit it someday when I am in California again.

TP2000

I remember going to Knott's Berry Farm a lot as a child. The chicken dinners with Boysenberry Jam was a real treat. We were poor, but fortunate to live where we did. I remembered all of the different areas, but over the years have forgotten much. But I remember small things, such as the bees, the panning for gold(We never got to do that), and the park overall. I especially remember the mining ride, that I thought as a child was so big, but coming back decades later realized how much smaller and different than my childhood memories it was.

I have not been back in decades, living far away from it now. Perhaps post covid I will visit it someday when I am in California again.

Knott's really is a wonderful park. Particularly in the past decade, they've really doubled down on their history and tapped into the original charm that made Knott's Berry Farm so fun, while making some very nice 21st century updates to the park with new rides and remade classics. It's been a winning formula for Knott's, and truly earns a spot on a SoCal itinerary.

Darkbeer1

>>Enjoy a Taste of Merry Farm at home!
😋
During the Christmas Crafts Village, you can find select to-go food items packaged and ready for reheating - instructions included. Just visit Sutter's on select dates to purchase such favorites as Turkey Bites, Tamales, Mac and Cheese with Pulled Pork, Empanadas, Squash Soup, and more! Entrance to the Christmas Crafts Village is free, and reservations are not required.<<

Emmanuel

Knott's really is a wonderful park. Particularly in the past decade, they've really doubled down on their history and tapped into the original charm that made Knott's Berry Farm so fun, while making some very nice 21st century updates to the park with new rides and remade classics. It's been a winning formula for Knott's, and truly earns a spot on a SoCal itinerary.

I remember last year being the first time I've went to Knotts outside of Haunt Season since 2016. Its easy to forget that Knotts has so much more from its Halloween event that I found myself embracing the atmosphere of Merry Farm for the first time ever.

Prior to the Pandemic I even contemplated on getting a season pass for the park. Definitely will be looking into that again when the theme parks (eventually) reopen.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Went to Knotts tonight and boy did I have fun walking around and soaking everything in. Everything was beautifully decorated, crowd was low, and over all such a great place to visit. I remember I use to hate going here but I guess as I’ve gotten older I’ve become less bitter lol. Glad they opened up the park to the public without a fee.
394089BC-17D1-4FDF-A7F4-CB07DCD4ADD5.jpeg
92EE481E-DFD9-49E0-A1FE-5B1D4A2C86C1.jpeg
6B47634C-E056-4273-A354-644491379FB7.jpeg
FE58D031-FF1E-4ECF-83A4-3FDA098ED454.jpeg
4DE01188-A597-4805-8372-1A5704197DC5.jpeg

Stevek

Growing up, I believe we went to Knott's quite a bit more than Disneyland. The latter was really considered a special treat, which I wish more people would consider it today.

Stevek

Went to Knotts tonight and boy did I have fun walking around and soaking everything in. Everything was beautifully decorated, crowd was low, and over all such a great place to visit. I remember I use to hate going here but I guess as I’ve gotten older I’ve become less bitter lol. Glad they opened up the park to the public without a fee. View attachment 520116View attachment 520117View attachment 520118View attachment 520119View attachment 520120
I think we are finally going to make it on Wednesday. My daughter has been battling a sinus infection (no covid, test was negative) and my mom passed away on Monday so we will need to get out for a few hours even if it's for a small taste of holiday cheer.

Stevek

I think some of the spirit or character of the park was taken away by the number of roller coasters...silver bullet flying by during the stunt show does kinda get distracting...but there is something about walking through ghost town, riding the log ride and calico mine ride that is still very special for me and immediately takes me back to my childhood.

Darkbeer1

I think we are finally going to make it on Wednesday. My daughter has been battling a sinus infection (no covid, test was negative) and my mom passed away on Monday so we will need to get out for a few hours even if it's for a small taste of holiday cheer.

Sorry for your loss, but happy to hear the good news about your daughter.

Hope you can visit Knott's!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom