All things Knotts Berry Farm

Ismael Flores

Knott's honors its history and it's hard to be cynical about the management who really does pour back into the product. I respect Knott's even if it's not as high of quality as Disney. It has heart, and that's what counts.

Agreed i think that is why i am starting to enjoy it more. The park is small and most of the time i just go to walk around a bit and distract myself. I do wish they would get their operations a bit more organized, the slow load times in any of the attractions is unbearable and inexcusable but still an enjoyable mini park.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

Agreed i think that is why i am starting to enjoy it more. The park is small and most fo the time i just go to walk around a bit and distract myself. I do wish they would get their operations a bit more organized, the slow load times in any of the attractions is unbearable and inexcusable but still an enjoyable mini park.
Well said, "walk around a bit and distract myself". That's why the season pass is a perfect fit for this park - paying full price would be tough, but as an afternoon stroll, with a piece of boysenberry pie, and a ride on the log ride, it's great.

lazyboy97o

Knotts-Calico-Mine-Ride-Glory-Hole-57bb58d55f9b58cdfd277974.jpg
The glory hole is an amazingly beautiful and efficient use of space.

RobWDW1971

The glory hole is an amazingly beautiful and efficient use of space.
Absolutely - still one of the most impressive scenes in any theme park, especially when you consider the scale and how unique it was at the time it was built. Also, the showmanship of seeing it from different levels and angles is brilliant. I always felt it was the inspiration to the Indy bridge room.

TROR

The issue with the Glory Hole is the same as a lot of issues in Knott's Berry Farm's dark rides: it's poorly staged. While a great use of space, the fact we never go through the glory hole is a shame. We're always on the outside of the glory hole looking in, like gazing through a window, never part of the action ourselves. We only ever circle around the scene.

RobWDW1971

The issue with the Glory Hole is the same as a lot of issues in Knott's Berry Farm's dark rides: it's poorly staged. While a great use of space, the fact we never go through the glory hole is a shame. We're always on the outside of the glory hole looking in, like gazing through a window, never part of the action ourselves. We only ever circle around the scene.
That's an interesting thought I've never considered.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

That can happen with some glory holes.

Professortango1

Absolutely - still one of the most impressive scenes in any theme park, especially when you consider the scale and how unique it was at the time it was built. Also, the showmanship of seeing it from different levels and angles is brilliant. I always felt it was the inspiration to the Indy bridge room.

It heavily inspired Indiana Jones Adventure as Imagineers realized they could create one giant intensely themed room that the ride would revisit multiple times.

KBF_C19

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread! I am hoping somebody can provide details on a couple things.

1) Does anybody remember Edison electric Nights? I think that was the name. Nighttime water spectacular on Reflection lake, pre-Silver Bullet. Does anybody have any video or other information on the show? Searches come up empty.

2) Same question above but for the Mystery Lodge Thunder Falls show. There used to be a small "show" at the waterfall outside Mystery Lodge. The tubing for the old fire effects can still be seen at the top of the waterfall, and for a very short time several years ago (around 2011 or 2012) they had restored the projection of Owl at night on the waterfall.

Any videos showing either of these would be greatly appreciated!

Phroobar

Original Poster
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread! I am hoping somebody can provide details on a couple things.

1) Does anybody remember Edison electric Nights? I think that was the name. Nighttime water spectacular on Reflection lake, pre-Silver Bullet. Does anybody have any video or other information on the show? Searches come up empty.

2) Same question above but for the Mystery Lodge Thunder Falls show. There used to be a small "show" at the waterfall outside Mystery Lodge. The tubing for the old fire effects can still be seen at the top of the waterfall, and for a very short time several years ago (around 2011 or 2012) they had restored the projection of Owl at night on the waterfall.

Any videos showing either of these would be greatly appreciated!
I do remember the nighttime water spectacular on Reflection Lake. It was a pretty rare thing. I got to work on one show for the 4th of July twenty years ago. I even fell in the lake. The fireworks show was outsourced to Pyro Spectaculars for those special occasions. There used to be a small Mark Twain type boat that went around the Lake. During the 70s/80s Knotts had their Knott's Incredible Fireworks Machine in the lake nightly. Now the neighbors won't allow fireworks except under hard to get permits.

I'll see if I can find info on the Thunder Falls show. I remember the Owl projection. Even the Bigfoot sculpture is still under the waterfall there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom