All Star Sports Question

DisneyPrincess5

Hi Everyone... my boyfriend and I just came home from an amazing 9 day trip where we stayed at the Polynesian. Although we realize it will be a HUGE change, for our next trip we plan to stay at an All Star, probably All Start Sports to save money.
Even though I will absolutely request a room close to the main building, there's a chance it may not be available. Does anyone know about how long the walk is from a farther building to the main building?
Also, any comments, positive or negative, about All Star Sports? Thanks! :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi Everyone... my boyfriend and I just came home from an amazing 9 day trip where we stayed at the Polynesian. Although we realize it will be a HUGE change, for our next trip we plan to stay at an All Star, probably All Start Sports to save money.
Even though I will absolutely request a room close to the main building, there's a chance it may not be available. Does anyone know about how long the walk is from a farther building to the main building?
Also, any comments, positive or negative, about All Star Sports? Thanks! :wave:
The theming is fun, the distances aren't terrible [it's maybe ten minutes to get anywhere]. I bounce between value/moderate/deluxe resorts and I find each has its own charm, I haven't disliked any resort I've stayed in.

The values have smaller rooms and no table service restaurants, but they're still Disney resorts and pretty nice.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

If you are that concerned about the location, look into booking a preferred room. They are located in the Surf's Up buildings so you would be close to the commercial building with front desk, food court, and bus transportation.

Upvote 0

pintraderpayee

This is my post in the thread started by Marley's Ghost about the All Star Resorts. I was responding to someone who is not going either Grad Nite 2009 weekend in April.

I took a group of seniors to Grad Nite 2008 last April. We stayed in the basketball section of All Star Sports. My kids were respectful, but it did get a bit noisy when the party was over at 4AM and several groups returned to the hotel! The busses were timely and there was always seating room. The gift shop is decent sized and dining area wasn't too noisy.....would stay there again if it meant extra Disney days! BTW your trip date is not the same time as Grad Nite 2009.....be thankful.....the parties are at DHS this year and they will PARTY until 4AM....Metro Station and Katy Perry are two of the musical acts performing this year so there will be record crowds:hammer:

Upvote 0

dazzer68

ive booked into the allstars movies (my fav) and hope i get an unpreffered room, as i dont want the noise of the pool and the hustle and bustle of people walking by at all hours, i want top floor furthest away!
have had that the last times weve been and are most grateful for the peace and quiet, and a leisurely walk to main building. plus weve had nice views from top floors, so heres hoping! unpreffered please!

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've stayed in the very back of Sports as The Hoops Hotel. I mean way in the back. I never found the walk to be bad at all (maybe 5 or 7 minutes to Stadium Hall). As a matter of fact, I felt the walk was shorter than many section at Pop. I would not pay the extra for a preferred room. I've found it to be needed.

After staying at all the value resorts, I can say that I really, really, really like Sports the best. I think the layout and the way the refurb went has a lot to do with it, but Sports is my #1 value resort. I think you will find it enjoyable.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Big advantage at All-Star Sports over the other All-Stars is the bus service. There are hours when the three resorts share a bus. When this happens, the Sports people are the most likely people to get a seat in the morning. They are also the first off on the way back from the park.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If measured as-the-crow-flies, the farthest rooms in Hoops and Tennis (blanking on the name) are 0.16 miles (280 yards) away from the rear entrance to Stadium Hall. But actually, there are some rooms in the Home Run (baseball) buildings that are 0.18 miles (315 yards) away. But the Home Run and Touchdown buildings can use the side entrance into the food court, so it's not quite as far.

Compare that to Music, whose farthest room in Country is 0.26 miles (460 yards). At Movies, some rooms in Love Bug are comparable to Sports, being 0.16 miles away. There are some rooms in Mighty Ducks that are 0.17 miles away from Cinema Hall, but the funny thing is that those rooms are actually closer to Music's Melody Hall than they are to their own main building...

-Rob

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Look at it this way, the walk may be a bit long at the end of the day depending on where they put you, but, the bus is first at the Sports when they pick up and at the end of the day too. Nice when you may not be able to sit when the bus is crowded. The sports is a great place to stay too.

Upvote 0

WickedQueen22

My first trip was All Star Sports and it was just my ex husband and myself. We never had a problem just being 2 adults without children. We used the quiet pool and stayed on the backside of one of the football buildings.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

wolf359

Mostly just an echo, but if you are concerned with a long walk, book a preferred location room. I'm pretty sure if you are confirmed in the preferred category, you are guaranteed a room in the closest buildings.

However, I've never felt the walks from the bus stop to the farthest rooms to be much of a bother, so I've never been inclined to pay the extra charge to be closer. If I was going to pay extra to upgrade anything at the All-Stars it would be to have a refrigerator in the room.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I recently stayed at Sports, nothing to brag about but worth the money that you save. I stayed in the Tennis Building, it was about a 5 minute walk to the main hall. My complaint - the night before we left, there was a national cheerleading competition at Disney and all the participants were staying at Sports - around 3am I was awaken to about 50 girls and boys cheering, dancing, drinking in the courtyard. It lasted untill I called the front desk and complained.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

If POP Century was available for the same price- I'd switch to there! Ever since the POP opened as a value- we've stayed there over the All-Stars! I dislike how the three HUGE All-Star hotels share 1 puny bus! They're always filled to the max and people are almost strapped to the roof of the bus!

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Allow me to chime in with an opinion. I have stayed at the All Star Sports a few times and I have never found the walk to my room to be a big deal in comparison to a day in the parks. It never seems like a very long walk after a day at a place like MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom