All Star Music or Pop

s.ollie

So im offically returned from thw world one month :( its very sad and depressin especially with christmas and hectic work schedule looming on the horizon. (i work in retail, Christmas is a nightmare in my job) anyway, the plan was to take a break from holidays in walt disney world and take the money saved and puchase a house and be a grown up, but heck i've years ahead of me to be mature and responisble. :p

So ive decided to revisit for 10 days next year, Oct 1- Oct 10 and bring my folks, my neice and nephew with me, they just dont know yet, when i have it paid for im going to do the whole big surprise thing, (excited)

Ok on to the question, as im bearing the brunt of payment i can only really afford value resorts but im torn between connecting rooms at Pop or a family suite in All Star. we just stayed at Pop and the kids loved it, everyone did and as i've never stayed at any of thee All Stars i was wondering if anyone has any pro's or con's i should consider on both

Daddio

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
That's a tough call. The suite idea with a family makes sense, but the layout and theme at Pop is more to my liking. Good luck with your choice. I don't think it will make an ounce of difference with your family.

David

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

If you will eat in your room and take advantage of the kitchenette, go for the suite. Otherwise I prefer the layout of two connecting rooms to the family suites.

Upvote 0

Mukta

3 adults and 2 kids right? That is so awesome that you are going to surprise them!
Is the kitchenette something you would really use? Are you going to have a car or use Disney transportation?

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Financially, the All-Star Music Family Suite will cost more than 2 standard rooms at Pop.

If you can all be comfortable in a single room, a room with a trundle bed in Port Orleans Riverside will be the most cost effective.

Upvote 0

s.ollie

Original Poster
we dont really need the kitchenette, we would only really use it for hot tea and coffee, when we are on holidays eating out is part of the fun :slurp: :slurp: so we would use the food court in the morning and maybe for late night snacks and eat in the parks or DTD other times. i will rent car to go outside the resort odd day, but we will mostly be using disney transportation.

on our recent trip 3 adults shared 1 room and we felt very on top of each other so 5 in 1 room is definitly a no no.

i think im leaning on the side of Pop

Upvote 0

Skipper Dan

Seriously, POP all the way. It's by far the cleanest, classiest, and nicest of all the value resorts. Plus, when you take a bus to your resort, you have to stop at EVERY All-Star resort, before you get to yours. It's a pain. :brick:

Upvote 0

mycatspot

Family suites are okay but not that big. One bed in the bedroom, a pull out sofabed in the living room and a chair that converts to a sleeper (which is only suitable for a child, really). Kitchenette has a mini fridge and microwave. Having had one for my family of four, I would say you will feel very crowded, especially the third adult who has to share a sofa bed. Go for two rooms....more beds!

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

All Star Music Family Suite, definately. First cup of coffee - brewed - before seeing others; priceless! Seriously, the kitchenette is wonderful with a nice sized fridge. very handy if you have light eaters or noshers in the party. More mature vegetation so more of a resort feel for us.

Upvote 0

tink65

Definitely POP! We've stayed at all the value resorts and we prefer POP over any of the others. Like another poster mentioned...if you can move your check in date up just a couple of days to Sept 29 you can take advantage of the Free Dining offer............. That would be a huge savings for your entire family!

Upvote 0

paul436

There are the obvious differences to the different themes but they are essentially the same resort. Pop has dedicated bus service while Music will mostly share buses with the other All-Star resorts (but transportation is a different, if not several, thread). I've stayed at both twice and think they are very nice and comparable to each other.

The family suites have the kitchenette and if you plan to take advantage of that it is worth it. If not, the extra sleeping arrangements would be advantageous while using 2 rooms. And may provide a bit more privacy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom