News All-New Nighttime Parade Disney Starlight Set to Debut at Magic Kingdom in 2025

TrainsOfDisney

I do hope they do it before HEA's showtimes. The Hub, Main Street & Town Square get really congested for fireworks and the chaos to then send out a parade shortly after sounds like a nightmare.
Traditionally it was done both before and after the fireworks.

Having 2 night parades and a fireworks show helps spread out the crowds. At Disneyland, during the 60th, they would do 2 Paint the Nights, 2 Fantasmic + 60th Fireworks and of course 2 showings of world of color at DCA. It was a masterclass of crowd planning!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

So... a new remix of Baroque Hoedown in the works... or are we thinking something 100% new (or possibly some Spectro callbacks?)
I am making my bets that it will start with Baroque hoedown and soften up at the end like Dreamlights. I also predict that it’s going to be a callback to not only MSEP but Spectro and Wishes as well with an orchestrated theme for at least the ending with that very similar sound but I can be wrong. Or they can just do the small world clavicade like in Tokyo.

TTA94

I hope Starlight will be high quality. The concept art I think was deliberately vague, but based on that I do question the quality a little bit mainly the Encanto float looks kind of, simple.

Hopefully we are not to far off from getting more info on what the floats will look like, mainly the lighting style.

TrainsOfDisney

I was surprised they didn’t show more details - I was expecting one of the rooms at the imagineering pavilion to have models and art on display.

I’m expecting this parade to be very impressive- maybe not as elaborate as paint the night - but a worthy modernization of electrical parade and replacement of spectro magic.

TTA94

I was surprised they didn’t show more details - I was expecting one of the rooms at the imagineering pavilion to have models and art on display.

I’m expecting this parade to be very impressive- maybe not as elaborate as paint the night - but a worthy modernization of electrical parade and replacement of spectro magic.

Just my own opinion I wouldn’t necessarily say Paint The Night was elaborate or high quality compared to other night parades, so I do hope Starlight is higher quality. Paint The Night did have cool lighting effects though especially Mack which was one of the Highlights of the parade. I hope Starlight has a float or two that is similar to Mack.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I don’t think that instrumental music clip was anything, but I do like the sounds of it :)

They're really going for the wishes callbacks with this I'm getting the feeling the wishes theme song will be involved. Also if Disney after hours comes back next year and they do Wishes for the fireworks and you can watch starlight that would be great

Starship824

In the Parks
No
That was Beautiful!!!! And it's worth talking about since it's the official Disney Parks Channel!

I wonder how MSEP flows into that?
If that background music is from the parade I would guess the MSEP theme will be done in the same way as is it at the exit music as the end of electrical sky parade.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Despite what parade we may see nighttime at magic kingdom once again will look like this, I miss the park around parade time so much
IMG_0149.png
IMG_0147.png

TTA94

I'm guessing this will start from Town Square like MSEP/Spectro?

I have always been a fan of parades, in particular Spectro, starting in Town Square and seeing the gates open revealing the floats. When the opening music of Spectro began you could see the glow and flashing lights of the Spectromen from around the closed gate. Then the gates opened revealing the opening floats. For me this was a wow moment and very special. Unfortunately I do not think Starlight will have this same feeling due to, most likely, the hight of the floats that will peek over the top of the gates. Even with the original MSEP I believe the Blue Fairy waited around the corner backstage until the parade gates opened rather than behind the gates due to the Blue Fairy’s hight. Starlight will probably be the same.

jrhwdw

I have always been a fan of parades, in particular Spectro, starting in Town Square and seeing the gates open revealing the floats. When the opening music of Spectro began you could see the glow and flashing lights of the Spectromen from around the closed gate. Then the gates opened revealing the opening floats. For me this was a wow moment and very special. Unfortunately I do not think Starlight will have this same feeling due to, most likely, the hight of the floats that will peek over the top of the gates. Even with the original MSEP I believe the Blue Fairy waited around the corner backstage until the parade gates opened rather than behind the gates due to the Blue Fairy’s hight. Starlight will probably be the same.
Tink did the same thing 2010-2016. Is Tink the same height as the Original Blue Fairy?

While I'm used to Town Square Starts, I would love to see this coming from TBA, on Main Street with the Castle in the background!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom