News All-New Nighttime Parade Disney Starlight Set to Debut at Magic Kingdom in 2025

jrhwdw

We all must remember we are "getting back" an offering we had in the past.

So its less of an additional offering and more "getting back" an offering.

That said, I am happy we are "getting back" a nighttime parade.
Oh I haven't forgotten that we lost something!........

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Excited for the parade, but this is truly what I'm looking forward to the most.

Close at MK right now is absolute mayhem with HEA at 9:20 & park close at 10PM during the summer.

You would have to think from an Ops perspective it has to mean a 9PM parade, 10PM fireworks, and then another 11PM parade (which I believe was the old schedule when they ran MSEP twice in the summer).

It's going to have to be roughly an hour between parade and fireworks just to give them time to clear it all out and then let folks fill into the hub for fireworks and then if they run a second parade, clear them back out.

Andrew25

You would have to think from an Ops perspective it has to mean a 9PM parade, 10PM fireworks, and then another 11PM parade (which I believe was the old schedule when they ran MSEP twice in the summer).

It's going to have to be roughly an hour between parade and fireworks just to give them time to clear it all out and then let folks fill into the hub for fireworks and then if they run a second parade, clear them back out.
Yeah, later park closures will be the new normal next year. With 12AM closures more likely.

Only thing that could prevent that is still running night parade at 11PM, but the park still closes at that time.

Comped

Wonder why we didn't hear any Drone News? I believe Dreams That Soar is well received. Still Ending Labor Day or extended at DS?
I just watched it last night and found it very visually impressive, if somewhat short. But the amount of time I had to wait for what was an even shorter show than most of Disney's previous nighttime spectacular equivalents made me rather uninterested and seeing it again, and it feels like people around me agreed. The technology is impressive but they need to figure out how to bring it to a park.

jrhwdw

Yeah, later park closures will be the new normal next year. With 12AM closures more likely.

Only thing that could prevent that is still running night parade at 11PM, but the park still closes at that time.
Nope. MK has closed at 11 with a 11pm MSEP/Spectro.

MerlinTheGoat

anyone else getting "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: Dreamlights" 2015 renewal vibes looking at the concept art for the Blue Fairy float?
Of course, they're the same float. Which I want to take as a good sign, but it'll depend on the quality/quantity of the rest of the floats, and the music choice. Hopefully it's not a case of Disney using that float in marketing because they know how beloved Dreamlights is, but the rest of the parade doesn't measure up.

jrhwdw

Of course, they're the same float. Which I want to take as a good sign, but it'll depend on the quality/quantity of the rest of the floats, and the music choice. Hopefully it's not a case of Disney using that float in marketing because they know how beloved Dreamlights is, but the rest of the parade doesn't measure up.
Hopefully TDO is making their own Blue Fairy.....

TDL doesn't need to lose Theirs!

spectrodanny

Man, I'm so jealous of you guys! The Disneyland I go to used to have a new nighttime parade Paint the Night Parade 9 years ago, but sadly didn't last long.😢However, for those of you who lived in Florida, I'm happy for you.:)I mean, you guys dreamed to have a new nighttime parade for years, and now your dreams will come true. Congratulations!😁 Even though I will not go back to Disney World anytime soon, but I can't wait to see Disney Starlight Parade on Youtube next year.;)"Paint The Night" is returning in 2025 for Disneyland's 70th Anniversary. I predict a start date of the Friday before Memorial day for it

spectrodanny

Do you think "Dreamlights" would have received as many updates as it has if the ORIGINAL plan had come to fruition (it debuting at MK instead of TDL?

MerlinTheGoat

Do you think "Dreamlights" would have received as many updates as it has if the ORIGINAL plan had come to fruition (it debuting at MK instead of TDL?
No lol, Orlando management would have let it rot and thrown it in the trash years ago just like they did to Spectromagic.

This new one will also likely eventually suffer the same fate unless it's shipped off to another resort.

Somehow the only parade float that has an immunity to this is the transparent castle float...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom