All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Original Poster
No, we're just not happy with mediocrity like a lot of current park management.
To back up what Martin is saying we are not
al100907a.jpg

aladdin2007

Hey we like to dance too, at least in our heads anyway to Tomorrows Child. Which by the sounds of things is total history now.

If the money is being allocated to other things, I dont understand why Siemens and or Disney did not have this planned out in design and budget from the very beginning of the refurb? It shouldnt have anything to do with other projects, why was it not totally seperate? So the SSE completion money now goes to something else just like that?
Sorry but something is def rotten in Denmark about this.

EPCOT Explorer

Hey we like to dance too, at least in our heads anyway to Tomorrows Child. Which by the sounds of things is total history now.

If the money is being allocated to other things, I dont understand why Siemens and or Disney did not have this planned out in design and budget from the very beginning of the refurb? It shouldnt have anything to do with other projects, why was it not totally seperate? So the SSE completion money now goes to something else just like that?

I agree. Isn't it easier to finish one project to start a newer and bigger project. from the sounds off it ?

HMF

Original Poster

This is why they say "Get it right the first time.:animwink:

hpyhnt 1000

To get myself up to speed:

- I will take the removal of clutter (such as the tarps, LaL, repainted Innoventions/Imagination, etc) over a fully completed SSE descent (at least for a little while).

- Those LED floodlights; Epcot needs those NOW!

- And, no, we don't always whine here. We get excited and happy about little things after all (like floodlights pointed at curtains that MAY have moved overnight.) :lol:

Cap10_Mickey

I'm sorry if this was already discussed, but I'm too tired to read all 300+ pages on this thread, but with all this talk of "clutter removal" was the Fountain of Nations refurb finished yet? Any news on the new soundtracks for it?

hpyhnt 1000

I'm sorry if this was already discussed, but I'm too tired to read all 300+ pages on this thread, but with all this talk of "clutter removal" was the Fountain of Nations refurb finished yet? Any news on the new soundtracks for it?

Yeah, refurb is "done", though some third shift work may still be going on to refine things. No new tracks of music were added. What did happen was: the bottom tier of the fountain was resurfaced with new concrete, the jets were upgraded somewhat (so that a majority of them work now), and a new LED lighting system was installed.

A YouTube search will reveal some recent vids of the fountain if you're really curious. :wave:

Cap10_Mickey

TY for the info, will be there in a week, so will catch it in person, sounds like a nice little enhancement. Call me meticulous but little details like the dancing fountain go a long way with me.

hpyhnt 1000

TY for the info, will be there in a week, so will catch it in person, sounds like a nice little enhancement. Call me meticulous but little details like the dancing fountain go a long way with me.

Yeah. Make sure you catch it at night. The new lighting system is GREAT! Defintely an improvement. :)

ryno1982

Err... the opportunity presented itself. And we always wanted to visit during the holidays. And my birthday :D
You`re right. I misread you. I apologise. :wave:

No worries Martin. I sure hope you're right about Imagination. It would almost make the mutilation of SSE worth it.

EPCOT Explorer

To get myself up to speed:

- I will take the removal of clutter (such as the tarps, LaL, repainted Innoventions/Imagination, etc) over a fully completed SSE descent (at least for a little while).

- Those LED floodlights; Epcot needs those NOW!

- And, no, we don't always whine here. We get excited and happy about little things after all (like floodlights pointed at curtains that MAY have moved overnight.) :lol:

Agreed. A VERY little while, at that.:fork::ROFLOL:

RSoxNo1

How many Disney fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

10, 1 to change the lightbulb, and 9 to complain how great the old lightbulb used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom