All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MousDad

Now I remember people saying that the idea of WDI still working on SSE and that is was not finished was just a bunch of ranting fanboy babble and wishful thinking so now I don't know who to believe anymore:D:lookaroun:D

You may be referring to me, among others. And that's fine.

Speaking for myself, I didn't express my doubts in quite as dogmatic terms as you have attributed, and was careful to never directly dispute what martin, jedi, and others were saying.

That being said, I completely stand by my feelings then, and share them now, that I find the fact that they would open an attraction after refurb and "complete" the refurb 15+ months after opening completely unbelievable. (Not unbelievable in that I refuse to believe it will happen, but rather unbelievable in that I can't believe they would do something in such a weird way.)

If the SSE opens any day now with a polished descent and TC blaring, I'll be as happy as anyone in this thread. But I see no reason to eat crow, as was implied.

Okay, got my daily dose of absolving myself from jt04 under my belt. Carry on everybody.

Vernonpush

I don't think it'll be ready today, more like mid March? :shrug:
808157b459848caf.jpg

:lol:

Animaniac93-98

I don't think it'll be ready today, more like mid March? :shrug:

How about March 2-5? :lookaroun SEE was closed during my last trip and if it's fixed then I will have skipped this whole fiasco in it's entirety! :sohappy: (minus script for narration). If not then I at least have a few days to rant online about how awful it is.

jt04

You may be referring to me, among others. And that's fine.

Speaking for myself, I didn't express my doubts in quite as dogmatic terms as you have attributed, and was careful to never directly dispute what martin, jedi, and others were saying.

That being said, I completely stand by my feelings then, and share them now, that I find the fact that they would open an attraction after refurb and "complete" the refurb 15+ months after opening completely unbelievable. (Not unbelievable in that I refuse to believe it will happen, but rather unbelievable in that I can't believe they would do something in such a weird way.)

If the SSE opens any day now with a polished descent and TC blaring, I'll be as happy as anyone in this thread. But I see no reason to eat crow, as was implied.

Okay, got my daily dose of absolving myself from jt04 under my belt. Carry on everybody.

Truthfully I couldn't remember who it was as there were so many people. At least a couple dozen as I remember it. About the same number of people who said AIE and the AI TV show were done. I can't remember who they were either but they know who they are :wave:

One thing is for sure, nobody should question our insiders anymore. Too bad we lost Merf in the process. No matter what you thought of him, his photo updates were very very well done.

WDWFigment

I've been playing around with Photoshop, making some EPCOT Center designs. Here is my favorite thus far:

It's available for purchase in my CafePress Shop.

Next up...Journey Into Imagination. Hopefully I can create something that does that pavilion justice!

TheDisneyMagic

I've been playing around with Photoshop, making some EPCOT Center designs. Here is my favorite thus far:

It's available for purchase in my CafePress Shop.

Next up...Journey Into Imagination. Hopefully I can create something that does that pavilion justice!

Excellent work, I think if you centerised the image more, maybe have the whole of Spaceship Earth you could have one awesome T-Shirt design there my friend.

WDWFigment

Excellent work, I think if you centerised the image more, maybe have the whole of Spaceship Earth you could have one awesome T-Shirt design there my friend.

Thanks, I don't know how that would look with the rainbow. Probably would be a little weird.

So I went back and read the last few pages of the thread after posting the picture. It looks like I really came out of left field with that post. I thought this thread was sort of a haberdashery of posts, but it looks like it's gotten back on track.

By the way, I agree with jt04 on wishing Merf were still here. I always found it funny that people wondered why Steve wouldn't ban him for insulting other members. Sure, that was rude, but this is a business. Merf provided the best updates, and his (largely off-base) opinions sparked some of the most provoking discussions here. I know many "rejoiced," saying it was good for the site, when he was banned because long dormant members came back. Really? I'm sure the traffic he brought in (with those updates and the discussion he provoked) far overwhelmed the negative impact of people leaving (plus, I have a hard time with the idea that someone leaves a forum just because of another member. Use the ignore feature if it's that bad. Leaving in "protest," in my opinion, is just as immature as his rude posts). I guess you really can't expect to stay around when you directly challenge the owner of the site, though.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if you're reading this right now, Merf. If so, where are you posting now? I wouldn't mind seeing those wonderful updates again.

EpcotServo

So what your saying is...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzWAYQomoDA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RzWAYQomoDA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom