Alien Encounter

tinkerbell88

I absolutely hate stitch's great escape!! Alien Encounter was better to me!! Anything is better than that stitch ride...it needs to be replace with the original ride or just something else!!

WDWForever07

I hated Alien Encounter! That junked scared me to death and I'm glad it's gone. I looooove Stitch's Great Escape! I just wish they would tone down the chili dog smell, though.:eek:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I hated Alien Encounter! That junked scared me to death and I'm glad it's gone. I looooove Stitch's Great Escape! I just wish they would tone down the chili dog smell, though.:eek:

Just out of curiosity...how old were you when you first went on Alien Encounter?

echoscot

This was a great show and I have to disagree with the people who think that the Magic Kingdom is a "kiddie" park. That is the perception that has killed many great shows and ideas...It helped (along with accounting) to kill the original Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue, which was the best live action attraction in the park!

The Magic Kingdom is a family park.

People need to pay attention to the signs and emblems they are printed in several languages...

Alien Encounter was terrific, unique and special.

dxwwf3

This was a great show and I have to disagree with the people who think that the Magic Kingdom is a "kiddie" park. That is the perception that has killed many great shows and ideas...It helped (along with accounting) to kill the original Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue, which was the best live action attraction in the park!

The Magic Kingdom is a family park.

People need to pay attention to the signs and emblems they are printed in several languages...

Alien Encounter was terrific, unique and special.

:sohappy:

Hopefully the higher ups will realize that and we will see some philosophical changes to the park.

jonnykeogh

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom is essentially a family park and aimed at making children happy, yes. That is agreed. And the complaints about Alien Encounter was inevitably going to lead to Alien Encounters dismissal. But I now believe Magic Kingdom has lost its diversity. There was one ride in Magic Kingdom unsuitable for youngsters, and the other parks have rides just like that. Animal Kingdom - Dinosaur, Hollywood Studios - TOT or RocknRollercoaster, and Epcot - Mission Space (Orange). Unfortunately Alien Encounter was for the adults who loved thrilling rides, are now missing out

jonnyc

But many people loved it (like myself). I was about 9 the first time i went on, and it really scared me, but i loved it! In a park where pretty much everything is geared towards kids, it was a nice change. I miss it so much! Me and my Dad would ride it everyyear, whilst my Mom and Sister went on the TTA, because they were scared lol.

yankspy

This really was one of my favorite rides and it was done so well. Everything from the sinister Chairman Clench(spelling) to the foreboding S.I.R. It built up the anticipation perfectly. It all built up to that moment when the glass broke with that loud crash. Such a great attraction that showcased the ingenuity of the imagineers. Ahh.. so sad.

Kingdom WDW

I never had the chance to go on Alien Encounter, but it sounds fun. I've listened to the show soundtrack many times. It was a very unique and intelligent attraciton.

Hopefully they bring it back in some sort of reincarnation. It would fit in great with the new Tomorrowland. (Or at least make a movie out of it.) :)

BuzzVs.Zurg

I never went on it, but I heard good things about it. I wish I had a chance to go on it. Well I guess I DID have a chance to go on it but I was 5 so I guess you could say I wasn't really up to it at the time! :lol:

CBug88

Oh, I miss this ride. I loved getting scared out of mind when I was younger...okay okay, I wasn't SOOOOO young.:shrug:

SleepingMonk

Meh, I always thought that building must be cursed.

Every show from Mission To Mars to Stitch has stunk on ice.

I wish they would scrap the entire thing and start over.

anamcara87

I thought that attraction was not very attractive. I have yet to see the Stitch replacement, but I would guess they are similar. I am glad you liked it, but I thought it to be not so hot. I liked "if you had wings" before it was "dreamflight" and now, the Buzz Lightyear ride.

'Dreamflight' was one of my favorite rides as a child.

Mrs.Toad

Remembering years of my dad and my brother sitting behind me on Alien Encounter, on purpose,:eek: and waiting patiently for the cool breath to touch my neck before they made their own monster sound effects and tugged at my arms. Alien Encounter, you will be missed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom