Alert: Avoid WDW This Weekend; Other Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It's that time again. The obnoxious meter is up in the park, while the average park guest IQ level is down to a mere 62. That's right, cheerleading competitions this weekend. The place was crawling with loud and obnoxious cheerleaders chanting in the lines, running around, talking and screaming loudly during the rides, and there was even a lot of cursing going on in the Haunted Mansion stretch room. Try to just imagine how obnoxious the screaming was on the actual ride. On Pirates of the Caribbean one of them had a sword that he was sticking in the water trying to touch the bottom and hitting walls. I felt really bad for the families that had to be around them while they were cussing and being obnoxious.

Quick Notes:
  • Waterfall in Splash Mountain was turned off. One day it seems to be on, the next day off. (For those curious, Brer Bear and Hopping Brer Rabbit still aren't working).
  • Splash shut down while we were about to board. Someone exited their log on during the middle of the ride and was apparently running through the mountain. It took them about 15 minutes to find them which created a real problem with keeping other guest in their log. Apparently others ended up getting out of their logs as well and Cast Members were running all over the place to gather them up. I asked if someone got out of the log because the ride shut down or if they shut the log down because someone got out. She said that they shut the ride down AFTER someone got out.
  • Ride Splash during Wishes. We were at the top after the mill's lift hill and we had a great view of the fireworks for a minute or so. It was also neat to see them at the top of the "big drop".
  • Plate making up Mickey's right ear is back in the Mansion.
  • Dancing ballroom ghost we're not spinning. They were stuck in place and not moving.

Disney_Superman

Haha you know how usually when you say LOL it means you're actually just laughing silently in your head? Well that thing about the IQ being down to a mere 62 because the place was crawling with cheerleaders literally made me laugh at loud! Probably cuz I'm friends with a couple cheerleaders.

Yeah a weekend full of cheerleaders is NOT the ideal WDW weekend!! lol

Thanks for the update!

lpet11984

• Splash shut down while we were about to board. Someone exited their log on during the middle of the ride and was apparently running through the mountain. It took them about 15 minutes to find them which created a real problem with keeping other guest in their log. Apparently others ended up getting out of their logs as well and Cast Members were running all over the place to gather them up. I asked if someone got out of the log because the ride shut down or if they shut the log down because someone got out. She said that they shut the ride down AFTER someone got out.

:brick::hammer: Probably one of those cheerleaders....

wdwpooh1027

hi

No offense to anyone...but I was a cheerleader for 12years and always had competitions up there. I know that they can be annoying but it isn't them. Their coaches actually tell them to do the chans and what not. The funny thing is that I never found it obnoxious when I was a cheerleader but now that I have retired from it I can't them.

So just keep in mind that the coaches are the ones to blame not the cheerleaders.
:animwink:

Don't get me started with the cheerleaders from LAST year on the Haunted Mansion..oh boy... >_<

I'll be at WDW for a full ten days (I'm leaving 12:30 ish 'cause my sis has to take ACT's..AKA a test that lasts three hours) so even if I do see those cheerleaders this weekend I'll have another eight days to recouperate. XD

SGT623

It's also the Home Builders convention this weekend, which draws a huge crowd. Maybe you should stay away from the parks, but you should hit the streets of Pleasure Island. I had a blast there last night for the valentines celebration.

crazydaveh

The Home Builders Association really put a damper on traffic here in town yesterday. It took me more than an hour to get from the turnpike to 535. There were no accidents, just cars.

Today is supposed to be the busiest day at the convention, so I imagine it will be just as bad, or even worse.

It doesn't help that Universal has Mardi Gras with Donna Summer playing and SeaWorld has Bud N BBQ with STYX playing. It will be a very busy day down around the parks.

If you go, take your patience!

pinkrose

I was there last weekend and saw several dance teams. They were so well behaved.

I also saw one group of cheerleaders who came into Nemo the Musical chanting. One of the men with them got a really embarrassed look on his face and got them to be quiet. Good groups of cheerleaders, I don't mind, but obnoxious ones..... Too bad they can't boot them out of the parks for disturbing all of the other guests vacations.

LeaveALegacyGuy

The dance teams I saw last Saturday weren't bad (although I only have the Mouse Gear point of view). Hopefully I don't experience the obnoxious cheerleaders at work today.

justducky78

Will they be gone by Monday? :veryconfu

We be there all next week (M-F) and I want to enjoy our stay without a bunch of screaming/yelling on the rides.

Capt. Salty

We're leaving friday (16th), for WDW. Glad to miss the "cheerleaders"!!! Hopefully, we'll just have to battle the crowds - a "battle" I know we have a chance of "winning"! haha.

bigedefd

Myself and DD were there in 2005 and it was Cheerleader week we actually flew down on the same flight as a squad. They were awesome, they were a spirited bunch of girls out to have a good time, they were also well behaved.
Other then a few knuckleheads that we came across during the week we really had no problem with them. mater of fact I think the worst behaved people we saw while we were there, were parents that had their little kids (under 5) out until after 11, and expected them to not be tired and cranky.

Maerj

I imagine a small, whispered voice saying:

Avoid the cheerleaders, save the trip to the World...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom