Alcohol now served at all table service restaurants in Magic Kingdom - what about DL?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

Should beer and wine be available at table service restaurants at Disneyland Park?

• Total voters

Phroobar

I just don't understand people who can't survive one day at a family theme park without longing for alcohol.
Or smoke.

KMD14DisneylandSmoking_0024lg-586588c93df78ce2c318cac0.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
I just don't understand people who can't survive one day at a family theme park without longing for alcohol.

If I'm having dinner with friends at The Blue Bayou or lunch at the Cafe Orleans I want a glass of wine with my meal, not a Coke. I can understand not having beer and tequila shot carts all over the place, but It's kind of silly that there's arbitrary rule that prohibits drinking at higher-end dining establishments.

Rich T

I don't think that's the issue. Alcoholics are a small minority amongst the adult population. A much larger population enjoys drinks socially and at meal times without any problem.
Agreed. But if they're at a point where a day with family or a good meal isn't complete without alcohol... Even at Disneyland... there's a form of socially-acceptable addiction going on there. Nothing new, and it's long been part of human society, but of all the things I think could be fixed at Disneyland, adding booze options has never been on my list.

Adding alcohol wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be a subtle psychological change in the way people view Disneyland as a family place, separated from normal reality.

Rich T

If I'm having dinner with friends at The Blue Bayou or lunch at the Cafe Orleans I want a glass of wine with my meal, not a Coke. I can understand not having beer and tequila shot carts all over the place, but It's kind of silly that there's arbitrary rule that prohibits drinking at higher-end dining establishments.
Just to be clear, I have no problem with wine at Blue Bayou. But I would like to see it confined to a situation like that and not a walk-up and grab-it-to-go venue.

CaptainAmerica

But if they're at a point where a day with family or a good meal isn't complete without alcohol... Even at Disneyland... there's a form of socially-acceptable addiction going on there.
Socially-acceptable addiction? My wife likes desert with every meal. It's no different. Not everyone who has a drink with their meal needs a drink. They might just like it.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Great. Because the one thing DL lacked was AP's treating the park like their new bar hang-out.
Fresh Baked can start a new series of videos called Freshly Buzzed.

Rich T

Socially-acceptable addiction? My wife likes desert with every meal. It's no different. Not everyone who has a drink with their meal needs a drink. They might just like it.
Yes, socially-acceptable addiction. Part of our culture. Alcohol in any amount affects our brains. Sugar addiction can be a problem, but much less of one for most people. There's no black and white here regarding alcohol, it's where do you draw the line on the grey scale in certain situations. And no one ever caused a fatal car accident or fell off ToT's boiler room railing after eating chocolate. That I know of.

Rich T

Sure, if someone "can't survive" without "longing for alcohol," that person has a problem. I don't think most people ordering drinks are "longing" for them or "can't survive" without them. It's just something they'd like.
Some people "would just like" alcohol anywhere they go. At a toy store. On safari. Scuba diving. Their kid's first piano recital. DISNEYLAND.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, socially-acceptable addiction. Part of our culture. Alcohol in any amount affects our brains. Sugar addiction can be a problem, but much less of one for most people. There's no black and white here regarding alcohol, it's where do you draw the line on the grey scale in certain situations. And no one ever caused a fatal car accident or fell off ToT's boiler room railing after eating chocolate. That I know of.

You'd be surprised how many Diabetic related crashes are due to blood sugar issues from eating sugar related substances.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

We all already complain about annoying AP's in the park.
Now let's give them booze too! Surely they can't get more annoying, right?

Nah. DL is fine the way it is. If you're that desperate for a sip, head across the esplande or visit DTD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom