Alcohol now served at all table service restaurants in Magic Kingdom - what about DL?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

Should beer and wine be available at table service restaurants at Disneyland Park?

• Total voters

Rich T

BTW, can we hold Disney responsible for any DUI accidents caused by exiting guests? Humor me, I'm just trying to scare the Mouse Lawyers into raising red flags...

Rich T

Elliott Smith?
Blossom Nose Murphy. I'm Scottish/Irish, so I can laugh at the America Sings stereotype I hadn't realized existed until this very reply.
Murphy.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
I don't think it will happen anytime soon given the proximity to DCA and the availability of booze there. I think they keep DL dry for now.

Not everyone park hops though. Maybe keeping alcohol out of DL is a tactic to get more people to visit DCA?

SuddenStorm

Walt said in 1955
I could have got most of my costs back [on building Disneyland] with beer concessions alone. A lot of adults will come here, but Disneyland is primarily for children and I don't think kids and liquor mix

Walt said in 1956
No liquor, no beer, nothing. Because that brings in a rowdy element. That brings people that we don't want and I feel they don't need it. I feel when I go down to the park I don't need a drink. I work around that place all day and I don't have one

I these two quotes are anything to go off of, Walt was pretty against the idea of booze inside Disneyland.

Online, Walt is often treated as a god like figure who's ideals and practices are responsible for Disneyland being what it is today. Because of this, I'd like to think that he knew what's best in regards to drinking in the park.

But, he could have been wrong- and what people expect from an entertainment venue in 2018 is different than 1955. I'm just glad I'm not the one at Disney who has to make the decision, since it does go directly against Walt's wishes for the park.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
But, he could have been wrong- and what people expect from an entertainment venue in 2018 is different than 1955. I'm just glad I'm not the one at Disney who has to make the decision, since it does go directly against Walt's wishes for the park.

Shouldn't Magic Kingdom and the other Disneylands be subject to the same rules and principles?

smile

i feel the more relevant question should be, "why are alcoholic beverages not served?"

as we're all well aware, twdc is publically traded profit driven enterprise - even more obvious is the fact that serving alcohol at destinations to which people already flock is literally an effective get-rich-quick scheme.

Phroobar

Personally I don't drink so I could care less. It takes all the alcoholics out of the ride lines so they wait two hours in line at the Cove Bar. If I had my choice, I would kept it out. Beer doesn't need to be everywhere like a family theme park. It will be a sad day when Adventure City start serving Bud.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Nothing inherently wrong with alcohol but it doesn't need to be everywhere in the world. There are places it belongs and there are places it doesn't. A family theme park is one of the places it doesn't.

Out of curiosity, as the operator of a theme park like EPCOT or California Adventure, how would you speak to the local food cultures of places like Sonoma, France, Italy, or Spain where wine and beer play a big part in the food scene without alcohol?

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom