Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

Otterhead

Not gonna lie, it's disappointing to watch the slow demise of the Disney brand through cash grabbing stunts like this.
You've come in a bit late on a very long thread, but the consensus seems to be that serving adult beverages to adults in an adult environment (table-service restaurants) is something done everywhere else in the world and is the furthest thing from a "stunt". As for 'cash grabbing'... were the $4.50 bottles of soda not your first clue that Disney likes making money from tourists?
Decisions of this magnitude are NEVER neutral
I'm genuinely not sure what this means.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Adding alcohol to four restaurants with no current plans for anywhere else isn't going to do much harm. And it sounds like there is... gasp! A demand for specialty drinks and beer and wine with a meal. Bars aren't being erected, you won't find beers at a hot dog stand or popcorn stand. So the issue seems moot.

Do you really think it will stop at just those four?

Zippity-do-DAD

You've come in a bit late on a very long thread, but the consensus seems to be that serving adult beverages to adults in an adult environment (table-service restaurants) is something done everywhere else in the world and is the furthest thing from a "stunt". As for 'cash grabbing'... were the $4.50 bottles of soda not your first clue that Disney likes making money from tourists?

I'm genuinely not sure what this means.

I'll be nice, cause I'm not picking a fight, but I'm referring to consequences. My point with the term "neutral", is this decision is a step in a direction. That direction is either right or wrong for the parks. (You with me?) If the only consequences taken into consideration in this decision are monetary, I believe, (which is an opinion), it will prove to be a very short sighted blunder of quantity vs quality.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Adding alcohol to four restaurants with no current plans for anywhere else isn't going to do much harm. And it sounds like there is... gasp! A demand for specialty drinks and beer and wine with a meal. Bars aren't being erected, you won't find beers at a hot dog stand or popcorn stand. So the issue seems moot.
It was ONLY "Be Our Guest" too.

Zippity-do-DAD

Wikipedia
The Impact of Alcohol. ... About 3 million violent crimes occur each year in which victims perceive the offender to have been drinking and statisticsrelated to alcohol use by violent offenders generally show that about half of all homicides and assaults are committed when the offender, victim, or both have been drinking. Jun 27, 2015

But this is such a great thing for the parks!
(Said no one.....that is sober)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Wikipedia
The Impact of Alcohol. ... About 3 million violent crimes occur each year in which victims perceive the offender to have been drinking and statisticsrelated to alcohol use by violent offenders generally show that about half of all homicides and assaults are committed when the offender, victim, or both have been drinking. Jun 27, 2015

But this is such a great thing for the parks!
(Said no one.....that is sober)
Stop. You are clouding the argument with your nonsense.

Ricky Spanish

I do have a question, Admittedly I have not read a ton of biographies on Walt Disney or why Walt Disney World came to be. I thought I knew the basics but have read the "WDW was created for adults" thing on this board several times... Where did that idea come from?

Wait, what? Do you typically walk around naked?lol
th
Donald doesn't wear trousers either.

Kman101

It was ONLY "Be Our Guest" too.

Fair and extremely valid point. Look, I don't have blinders on and my first instinct is to know that they will roll this out elsewhere lol. They know they are leaving money on the table. BoG was just the beginning to test the waters and this will further test those waters. Eventually it will pop up elsewhere but for now I was simply pointing out that it wasn't what many were fearing. So far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom