Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
No, no it isn't. Certainly wasn't built that way, even if today's WDW has been usurped by pre-schoolers. (And arrested development adults, but that is for another thread!)

Here is the Contemporary's Top of the World as it was meant to be. Stylish, elegant, mature.

top-of-the-world-lounge-2.png

top-of-the-world-lounge-1.jpg

This would explain why i have never been there .

DInnocentOne

Last two movies I've been in had this problem. Kids literally hanging on the railings in the walkways... rummaging around OUT of their seats... hanging over the row in front of them... and parents doing nothing. These were like 5-6yr olds too... not 3yr olds.

There are some stereotypes I can make about the demographics in my area... but I won't let people elsewhere get worked up about it

Its why I love my Alamo Drafthouse, no little kids during most movies and no talking or texting during the movie, they will kick you out.

I don't have a problem with alcohol in MK, especially at the restaurants.

21stamps

I do have a question, Admittedly I have not read a ton of biographies on Walt Disney or why Walt Disney World came to be. I thought I knew the basics but have read the "WDW was created for adults" thing on this board several times... Where did that idea come from?
If it involves wearing trousers whilst on holiday " I'm Out"
Wait, what? Do you typically walk around naked?lol

Otterhead

If it involves wearing trousers whilst on holiday " I'm Out"
If you've ever been down there in February, you might need more than trousers! I've got photos somewhere of me walking around Epcot in a winter coat when it hit the 40s. But even on a fall evening, getting snazzy in a summer suit and bow-tie for dinner at Victoria & Alberts is a costume I'm happy to wear once in awhile!

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
I do have a question, Admittedly I have not read a ton of biographies on Walt Disney or why Walt Disney World came to be. I thought I knew the basics but have read the "WDW was created for adults" thing on this board several times... Where did that idea come from?

I can neither confirm nor deny that rumour :cautious:

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
If you've ever been down there in February, you might need more than trousers! I've got photos somewhere of me walking around Epcot in a winter coat when it hit the 40s. But even on a fall evening, getting snazzy in a summer suit and bow-tie for dinner at Victoria & Alberts is a costume I'm happy to wear once in awhile!
Nope.. Snow on the ground and it's still shorts for me

Luxe

Walt created Disneyland as a place where both kids and parents could enjoy the park together. The same goes for WDW. He wanted everyone to be included regardless of age or class status.

Zippity-do-DAD

Not gonna lie, it's disappointing to watch the slow demise of the Disney brand through cash grabbing stunts like this. The real disappointment though, was the phased in approach via BOG as if we were expected to believe it would stop there. Decisions of this magnitude are NEVER neutral, and will adversely effect the quality of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom