Akershus Princess Storybook Dinner Opinions/Reviews!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Hey folks im having dinner in Akershus in july, were doing the princess storybook dinner, just looking for any thoughts and opinions or experiences! My gfs dd loves d princesses and im sure shes gonna love it and she prob wont be too worried bwt the food haha :ROFLOL:
Any views are greatly appreciated thanx :wave::wave::wave:

Baron Hardup

My girls loved it! They got to see Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, and Aerial. I thought the food was good (had the meatball things). Plus, all the smoked Salmon you want! Great atmosphere.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
My girls loved it! They got to see Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, and Aerial. I thought the food was good (had the meatball things). Plus, all the smoked Salmon you want! Great atmosphere.

YHeah ive seen the meatballs recomended alryt, glad ur girls enjoyed it, it sounds like a great time

H20Babie

In my opinion, the only reason to go there is for the one-on-one time with the princesses. As for food, unfortunately, it was the worst dinner we had. The kids didn't like it, and neither did the adults (and the adults were pretty adventurous diners). We were really hyped to eat there, but other than the princess interaction, it was let down.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hey folks im having dinner in Akershus in july, were doing the princess storybook dinner, just looking for any thoughts and opinions or experiences! My gfs dd loves d princesses and im sure shes gonna love it and she prob wont be too worried bwt the food haha :ROFLOL:
Any views are greatly appreciated thanx :wave::wave::wave:

I love the atmosphere and the princesses but the food...:lookaroun. We are going for bfast this next trip b/c it is standard bfast fare. The lunch and dinner is more unique. My DH liked it better then I did. They let me order off the kids menu b/c I couldn't find anything that I liked. So i'm not a fan of the lunch and dinner menus.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
ok i get the feeling the food can be dodgy but luckily were nt worried bwt that its all bwt the princesses :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

scorp111

I guess we are in the minority. We like the food at dinner. I mean, it isn't our favorite, but it isn't bad. Add in the princesses and desserts, and it is something we like.....

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I guess we are in the minority. We like the food at dinner. I mean, it isn't our favorite, but it isn't bad. Add in the princesses and desserts, and it is something we like.....

Kool thats what i like to hear, iv heard good things about a meatball dish and the little one will be happy out with the kids menu not that shell eat much coz her mouth will drop further to the floor with each princess she gets to meet:ROFLOL: :lol::lol::lol::ROFLOL:

ThinkTink721

We ate there for the 1st time on our last visit & really enjoyed it - the characters & the food.
Don't forget - you get a complimentary 8x10 photo w/ the princess of the day (ours was Belle in her yellow gown).
We actually got to see Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine & Cinderella!
We are probably going again on our next trip.
:wave:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We ate there for the 1st time on our last visit & really enjoyed it - the characters & the food.
Don't forget - you get a complimentary 8x10 photo w/ the princess of the day (ours was Belle in her yellow gown).
We actually got to see Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine & Cinderella!
We are probably going again on our next trip.
:wave:

Kool glad you enjoyed it haha, ye got some great princesses, esp cinderella since she tends to be rare at this meal :wave:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I have booked as I thought it was a buffet???:lookaroun

Hello there my friend! :wave: It is, of sorts. The bfast is a family style meal with traditional bfast fare. But for lunch and dinner...There is a buffet for the cold items - but then you pick a hot meal off the menu. Here is a link to the menu for the dinner.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_nor.htm

And if you are going for bfast - here is the menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_psb.htm

Hope this helps! :wave:

JimboJones123

Really, if they put the best food in the parks here, it would be booked solid by 7:04 90 days out every morning. They put the crappy food there to keep the numbers down. It isn't the castle, so they can't double the price, but they have to control the traffic a little bit.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Really, if they put the best food in the parks here, it would be booked solid by 7:04 90 days out every morning. They put the crappy food there to keep the numbers down. It isn't the castle, so they can't double the price, but they have to control the traffic a little bit.

Thats fine by me really once i can eat somrthing there and we have some great interaction with d princesses wer all gonna be happy :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

tink68

Thinking about doing this on our last day for breakfast. We will have a ticket for that day and are staying at the Beach Club so we figured we would go have breakfast, shop a little, catch a few more rides and then head back home. Would this be a good place for a 4 year old boy and a 13 year old girl or should I pick something different? Want it to be in Epcot for breakfast. Any other ideas?

Beccone

We ate here last summer and are going again in August. Food was good, a little on the small side as far as portions but it is all you can eat so you can always order another dish like my husband and son did. I wasn't crazy about the cold buffet but it kept my kids happy while we waited for our food and the pricesses. We were right by the door where they come out so we were the first table they visited, great one on one time with my kids, didn't seem to be rushed at all. We got to see Belle in the front, Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora and Cinderella. I too heard that Cinderella wasn't a regular so we were thrilled when she came out, my daughter is a bit obssessed with her, lol.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
We ate here last summer and are going again in August. Food was good, a little on the small side as far as portions but it is all you can eat so you can always order another dish like my husband and son did. I wasn't crazy about the cold buffet but it kept my kids happy while we waited for our food and the pricesses. We were right by the door where they come out so we were the first table they visited, great one on one time with my kids, didn't seem to be rushed at all. We got to see Belle in the front, Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora and Cinderella. I too heard that Cinderella wasn't a regular so we were thrilled when she came out, my daughter is a bit obssessed with her, lol.

Great view thanx very much, i like all types of food so im sure wel all find sumthing we like, and this is the reason i booked akershus over cinderellas royal table, akershus seems from the majority of people to feel alot less rushed and u get more one om one time with the princesses and the differant princesses is a big thing, im quite looking 4ward to seeing snow white as she is meant to be great and my gfs dd is a mad ariel fan and loved meeting her but will love seeing her in her ball gown even more:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom