Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Ripken10

I really wonder if the last two episodes had more baylen originally, but due to the death of the actor they removed some scenes to give them time to figure out what to do (recast, deep fake, possession altering his face, death as a sacrifice). It seems like all the other episodes were building baylen and shin to be so much more than just a cliff note at the end. That quick scene seemed more apt for a film trailer than a story line.

Watching it I just had a feeling that there was a reedit before release, something star wars and marvel have been known to do.

Since they had to show something they have a quick glimpse with fan service to the people that watched rebels and clone wars.

I also wonder for the people that didnt watch the clone wars or rebels, how much of this series didnt make sense.
I wife has never watched any of the animated series (she hates animated) but has really enjoyed this so far. Sure, I think she would enjoy it more had she watched the animated series, and I keep trying to get her to watch one, but she says she just doesn't like animated (let me also point out that one of her two favorite movies is the Lion King, and I don't mean the live action one).

drod1985

Holy s…

That was incredible.

Give me more, NOW.

Let Filoni do it all.
This is where I'm at.

Filoni has proven he knows how to make a compelling Star Wars story. Give him the keys to the creative kingdom. Absolutely have other filmmakers take the reins to direct stories and bring their visions to life, but let Dave oversee it all to ensure there's cohesion and direction.

This was the most Star Wars series they've produced, IMO. Early Mando is a good western focused offshoot, Andor is a great drama, but Ahsoka encapsulated what Star Wars is to me.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
This is where I'm at.

Filoni has proven he knows how to make a compelling Star Wars story. Give him the keys to the creative kingdom. Absolutely have other filmmakers take the reins to direct stories and bring their visions to life, but let Dave oversee it all to ensure there's cohesion and direction.

This was the most Star Wars series they've produced, IMO. Early Mando is a good western focused offshoot, Andor is a great drama, but Ahsoka encapsulated what Star Wars is to me.
I agree. He is Lucasfilms “Executive Creative Director” so I would hope that he does have his hand in everything like his CCO counterparts, Jennifer Lee, Kevin Feige, etc.

Jedijax719

I agree. He is Lucasfilms “Executive Creative Director” so I would hope that he does have his hand in everything like his CCO counterparts, Jennifer Lee, Kevin Feige, etc.
Well to me, the biggest thing we can hope for with Filoni is that he doesn't forget things from other projects. In other words, if he creates a compelling mystery in one story, I hope he makes darn sure that it is explained at some point, and without forcefully retconning too much.

LSLS

I had fun with this series. I wish we had a bit more Ashoka and less of Sabine, but it's not a big deal, and the parts I loved are probably up there with my favorite things Disney has done with Star Wars. I think my only complaint is the cliffhanger ending. And the reason is, I'm kind of sick of these things ending with the setup for more stuff, which doesn't come for 3 years. And that is the way Disney is handling all their series at this point. Like others said, I want more. Make me wait 6 months? Fine. But years and years is just too much to keep me intrigued.

Indy_UK

By having another Galaxy to explore, Filoni has opened up Star Wars to new worlds and stories (outside of the Skywalker Saga) far more than the botched attempt they did of it in 'The Last Jedi'

Phroobar

Undead Troopers first appeared in the Star Wars Legends novel, Death Troopers, as undead stormtroopers infested by a Sith plague dating back to the days of the Old Republic. They were later canonized in the mobile game Star Wars: Commander, as "Death Troopers," through a limited-time campaign released in 2014. The Death Troopers were renamed to "Undead Troopers" in a 2016 limited-time event for Star Wars: Commander, most likely to avoid confusion with the newly introduced elite stormtrooper variant. This confusion was used in-universe as well, with Emperor Palpatine capitalizing on fearful rumors of the undead "Death Troopers" to name the elite black armored variant.

Jedijax719

By having another Galaxy to explore, Filoni has opened up Star Wars to new worlds and stories (outside of the Skywalker Saga) far more than the botched attempt they did of it in 'The Last Jedi'
I agree BUT with Luke, Leia, and Han around that time, I find it very hard not to wonder how these events will impact and include those 3. I find it harder to imagine that they would be excluded from these affairs, especially since they were involved in Thrawn in the "legends" books.

Phroobar

I agree BUT with Luke, Leia, and Han around that time, I find it very hard not to wonder how these events will impact and include those 3. I find it harder to imagine that they would be excluded from these affairs, especially since they were involved in Thrawn in the "legends" books.
It's kind of like any MCU or DC movie. You got to wonder where the big hitters like Super Man, Bat Man, Iron Man, Captain America or the rest of the heroes are when the Big Bad is battling new heroes and about to destroy the world.

Jedijax719

It's kind of like any MCU or DC movie. You got to wonder where the big hitters like Super Man, Bat Man, Iron Man, Captain America or the rest of the heroes are when the Big Bad is battling new heroes and about to destroy the world.
That's true, but remember (until they all died or went away), there was always an intention to bring the new heroes into the fold with the old. At least that was the case with the MCU leading up to Infinity War/End game. One has to at least ponder the idea that they are leading to something similar.

Phroobar

The Dark Sisters were introduced in Rebels and killed off.

They'rrrre baaaack.
They were originally the concept art for a Sith Witch in Episode 1.

iu

Later it was revisited for Asajj Ventress. We need to see her in live action. Last we heard she was working as bounty hunter and actually helped Ahsoka on occasion.

iu

doctornick

So got to watch today. Entertaining and enjoyable. Some really fun characters. But…

like a lot of D+ shows, it was just there. A plot that probably should have happened in 3 or 4 episodes was stretched out to too many and way too much just left unresolved or unexplained for a complete “season”. It’s totally fine to have a cliffhanger but at least have most arcs complete over the series season.

At some point they need to provide entertainment that is actually satisfying and complete for itself rather than being a tease for the next thing.

Phroobar

Too bad we aren't see Baylan anymore. Shin wasn't much of a character by herself. She needs to be replaced by Asajj Ventress.

Jedijax719

Too bad we aren't see Baylan anymore. Shin wasn't much of a character by herself. She needs to be replaced by Asajj Ventress.
Who said we won't see Baylan anymore? Where do you get that impression? It's sad that Ray Stevenson passed away. But I can't imagine the character not returning. He has a story to tell. Stevenson's legacy must live on and is presence left a mark for the character to continue. Stevenson blessed us with a gift in that character. They need to see that gift through to fruition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom