Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

mf1972

i enjoyed it. had some good action & was paced out pretty well. i was hoping to see ahsoka vs baylon 1 more time. sadly we’ll probably have to wait awhile for season 2.

flynnibus

Premium Member
don't know how you can say she is a Mary Sue. The whole season she was going through an emotional arc just like Ahsoka was. It was once she finally overcame her emotional issues, guilt, she was able to tap into her force abilities. Her emotions were holding her force abilities back
Nah… this episode had so many contradictions even episode reviews can’t even attempt to explain them away.

I mean we know because of the movie there would be things left open… but this was pretty unfulfilling.

One of my favorites… the stormtroopers just standing around watching the saber fight… while just a minute before they were attacking ahsoka while they fought.

Minutes before the resurrected troopers move like zombies… minutes later they run like normal stormtroopers.

Huyang just keeps a collection of kyber crystals on board?

Tie fighters are paper mache compared to the t-6.

This episode would have been much harder for viewers who didn’t know the clone wars and rebels shows… all the god references, ahsoka’s owl, etc

And others discounting baylan’s arc… you crazy… it’s meant to involve the most power entities in their universe. And clearly what ahsoka is going to do while stuck on that planet… and probably how they get back.

JAB

Minutes before the resurrected troopers move like zombies… minutes later they run like normal stormtroopers.
I think the zombies all got locked in the basement and the troopers that come running in are a different group of non-zombie troopers that came down with Morgan. Not completely sure, though.

Edit: went back and re-watched, and they're still the zombie troopers, shaking off reflected blasts, etc. They just went from "Night of the Living Dead" to "28 Days Later" on their way up the stairs. 🤷‍♂️

Huyang just keeps a collection of kyber crystals on board?
Yes. He's the Jedi lightsaber instructor, and it's his ship that he's had for hundreds of years, so he's got his storeroom full of lightsaber parts on the ship. He even has a system for organizing them (which is clearly better than a 'method'). 😏

Tie fighters are paper mache compared to the t-6.
TIE fighters have always been paper mache compared to everything.

This episode would have been much harder for viewers who didn’t know the clone wars and rebels shows… all the god references, ahsoka’s owl, etc

And others discounting baylan’s arc… you crazy… it’s meant to involve the most power entities in their universe. And clearly what ahsoka is going to do while stuck on that planet… and probably how they get back.
Here I agree. There's so many significant things that have no meaning and/or greatly lessened impact to anyone who hasn't watch the animated shows. And if you have seen them, then you recognize that Baylan's story arc is too central to the overall plot for them to not recast.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

Nah… this episode had so many contradictions even episode reviews can’t even attempt to explain them away.

So many stupid decisions by all the characters in this one. Poorly written is an understatement.

For the past several episodes- "NOTHING else matters more than leaving this place as SOON as possible. Those jedi can live or die, it DOESN'T matter"

This episode- "Send a couple of tie fighters", "Send some troopers", "Make em zombie troopers", "Don't move the ship, just dock here"...

I was shouting at the screen several times when a character would say "Alrighty, everything is done, we're ready to leave"....

THEN LEAVE!!!!

Screamface

So many stupid decisions by all the characters in this one.

I was shouting at the screen several times when a character would say "Alrighty, everything is done, we're ready to leave"....

THEN LEAVE!!!!

Why were all the many internal doors on the staircase left open and unlocked in the tower? There were so many moments of incompetency in the writing of the show.

EPCOT-O.G.

I’ve seen multiple people say Thrawn fails/dies in the time before TFA.

I wonder though- couldn’t it be possible that he’s just sent away to another far off galaxy again? If Filoni likes anything it’s keeping his favorite characters alive to fight another day (or bring them back from death)

doctornick

My big question is what were they doing in terms of putting the "cargo" on the ship? It seems like all that stuff was placed onto the Star Destroyer - wouldn't/couldn't/shoudn't that have happened well before Morgan had arrived with the super hyperspace ring? What was Thrawn doing all these years in exile?

JAB

My big question is what were they doing in terms of putting the "cargo" on the ship? It seems like all that stuff was placed onto the Star Destroyer - wouldn't/couldn't/shoudn't that have happened well before Morgan had arrived with the super hyperspace ring? What was Thrawn doing all these years in exile?
When Morgan first arrives Thrawn says something to the Great Mothers like, "You've fulfilled your part of the deal, now I'll fulfill mine.", and then orders his men to start loading the cargo. So it seems like the cargo belongs to the Nightsisters and Thrawn agreed to haul it to Dathomir for them if they provided him a way to get back. I guess he didn't want to waste the time, effort, and storage space to load their cargo onto his ship until they held up their end of the bargain.

EPCOT-O.G.

When Morgan first arrives Thrawn says something to the Great Mothers like, "You've fulfilled your part of the deal, now I'll fulfill mine.", and then orders his men to start loading the cargo. So it seems like the cargo belongs to the Nightsisters and Thrawn agreed to haul it to Dathomir for them if they provided him a way to get back. I guess he didn't want to waste the time, effort, and storage space to load their cargo onto his ship until they held up their end of the bargain.
So it’s implied Ezra escaped from a planet of evil Force witches…would’ve been neat to see that!

JAB

So it’s implied Ezra escaped from a planet of evil Force witches…would’ve been neat to see that!
There aren't really "Force witches" on Dathomir anymore - Grievous wiped out all but a handful of the Nightsisters - and Ezra's "escape" was just "impersonate stormtrooper, wait around in the hangar until they drop out of hyperspace, get in Baylan's shuttle and leave."; not really any need to show that.

Jedijax719

I’ve seen multiple people say Thrawn fails/dies in the time before TFA.

I wonder though- couldn’t it be possible that he’s just sent away to another far off galaxy again? If Filoni likes anything it’s keeping his favorite characters alive to fight another day (or bring them back from death)
We don't know, in this cannon, whether Thrawn dies or fails before TFA. He could be exiled again, go into a new dimension, or who knows what.

Screamface

My big question is what were they doing in terms of putting the "cargo" on the ship?

To me their size looked like they were all stasis chambers for people. Although I would not rule out they just made a coffin-sized object, but no thought to it and pressed copy and paste.

Screamface

I knew those witches were woke.
nightsistezegler2 copy.jpg

JAB

Ummm...I was under the impression that it was assumed that Thrawn had Witch corpses to resurrect.
That was originally the leading theory given that they were loading people-sized boxes from "the catacombs," but the revelation in the finale that the Great Mothers were awakened by Thrawn has led many to speculate that they might be live Dathomiri in stasis rather than corpses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom