After Expedition Everest?

Imaginationeer

I did expect most of you to think i was nuts! I can guarentee the snow white refurbishment and that WoL will not be replaced in the forseable future.

Crazy Harry

Imaginationeer said:
I did expect most of you to think i was nuts! I can guarentee the snow white refurbishment and that WoL will not be replaced in the forseable future.

So in other words you can't guarentee the rest of it?

goofyfan13

Imaginationeer said:

I don't want to sound mean, but the minute you come out and changed what you said about certain details of rumors after the fact that some pressure was put on you shows that the rumors you stated weren't entirely based on reliable sources. I'm guessing you heard these rumors from a bus driver.

frcouk83

speck76 said:
I have posted this before......but here it is again.

HCOE is basically a 2 year marketing campaign.....2006 will see some new attractions to keep the marketing buzz at a high level.

MK- Cinderellabration
Epcot -The Land redo & Soarin'
MGM - LMAX
DAK - Lucky

MK - Pooh's Playful Spot
Epcot - TLS redo
MGM - Narnia movie set exhibit
DAK - EE (& rumored Tarzan ROCKS! replacement)

MGM.....poor MGM.....out of all of the parks, this one needs the most help. I do not believe new attractions are needed (but could be useful) but the older attractions are in need of an update....the park is really showing poorly as of late.

The Studios is not in need of the most help. The attendence at the Studios is higher then at AK on a daily basis. Now if you want to look at 2001-2003 when they closed Backstage Pass, Hunchback, Residential Street, Studio Catering Company and put SOL and Star Wars Weekends on a one year Hiatus (at different times). All that we got during this time was DSMC Parade and OMD. While our attendance was still higher then AK that was when it was bad at the Studios. They have since added LMA, return of SOL (Spectacle of Lights), Star Wars weekends are back to a full month long, Studio Catering Company has reopened with a full menu w/ a bar, Power Rangers are there and have seen huge lines for autographs, new additions to the Streetmosphere, they have had small attractions like Making of Haunted Mansion and this Nov. will have Making of Cronicles of Narnia.

It would be great if they could update the Star Tours ride or Backlot Tour. I do not think that the Studios is in the worst shape though!!

Oh...on a side note. The Backlot Tour is starting to drive through the LMA Stadium when there is not a LMA show going on. They are still in training so it may not happen everytime.

speck76

frcouk83 said:
The Studios is not in need of the most help. The attendence at the Studios is higher then at AK on a daily basis. Now if you want to look at 2001-2003 when they closed Backstage Pass, Hunchback, Residential Street, Studio Catering Company and put SOL and Star Wars Weekends on a one year Hiatus (at different times). All that we got during this time was DSMC Parade and OMD. While our attendance was still higher then AK that was when it was bad at the Studios. They have since added LMA, return of SOL (Spectacle of Lights), Star Wars weekends are back to a full month long, Studio Catering Company has reopened with a full menu w/ a bar, Power Rangers are there and have seen huge lines for autographs, new additions to the Streetmosphere, they have had small attractions like Making of Haunted Mansion and this Nov. will have Making of Cronicles of Narnia.

It would be great if they could update the Star Tours ride or Backlot Tour. I do not think that the Studios is in the worst shape though!!

Oh...on a side note. The Backlot Tour is starting to drive through the LMA Stadium when there is not a LMA show going on. They are still in training so it may not happen everytime.

The studios is expected to have higher attendance.....it has much higher capacity than DAK (yet it only saw 500K more people in 2004 than DAK.....that is only 1,370 people per day) The studios attendance was 2-3 million higher per year back in the early-mid 90's. The shows and attractions at the studios are the more "dated"....Star Tours rarely has a line anymore, GMR is a shell of its former self, the stage shows are poor compared to newer stage shows at other parks.......the park needs help.

frcouk83

speck76 said:
The studios is expected to have higher attendance.....it has much higher capacity than DAK (yet it only saw 500K more people in 2004 than DAK.....that is only 1,370 people per day) The studios attendance was 2-3 million higher per year back in the early-mid 90's. The shows and attractions at the studios are the more "dated"....Star Tours rarely has a line anymore, GMR is a shell of its former self, the stage shows are poor compared to newer stage shows at other parks.......the park needs help.

Capacity is measured by # of attractions and size of park. Which AK has more attractions and has more guest areas (Not that the size of walking space really pulls more people into a park). You are also talking about when Studios was brand new. AK is the newest park and yet their attendance is lower and park hours are shorter (do not blame on the animals).

Star Tours has been there for a while, but the Studios has 3 of the TOP rated attractions at WDW: Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Fantasmic!

Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid are great kids shows. Beauty and the Beast still play 5-7 shows daily and often fills to capacity still (More ofter than Tarzan does).

Every park has its attractions that people would like to see updated but I am going to stick by my opinion that the Studios is not in the worse shape right now out of the 4 parks.

AndyMagic

frcouk83 said:
Capacity is measured by # of attractions and size of park. Which AK has more attractions and has more guest areas (Not that the size of walking space really pulls more people into a park). You are also talking about when Studios was brand new. AK is the newest park and yet their attendance is lower and park hours are shorter (do not blame on the animals).

Star Tours has been there for a while, but the Studios has 3 of the TOP rated attractions at WDW: Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Fantasmic!

Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid are great kids shows. Beauty and the Beast still play 5-7 shows daily and often fills to capacity still (More ofter than Tarzan does).

Every park has its attractions that people would like to see updated but I am going to stick by my opinion that the Studios is not in the worse shape right now out of the 4 parks.

By saying MGM needs the most help, it doesn't mean it has the worst attendance. I'm not quite sure where you are getting your logic from. The person was simply saying that the park "shows" the worst of the 4 and I completely agree with that. LMA has honestly done nothing to make the park all that more desirable and the entire western portion of the park is hardly even worth the time and effort to walk around in. Star Tours makes me laugh when I ride it, the Backlot tour usually has people snoozing during it until the Canyon, which itself is unchaged from 1989, and GMR is a wanna-be E-ticket that has about the same entertainment value as the Mexico ride. It's dull, long, and horribly annoying. What MGM needs most are a few classic dark rides added to the Streets of America section and a complete re-thinking of the walkways. There are more dead ends, misleading paths, confusing signs, and silly ways of getting places than any theme park I have ever attended. And then when you FINALLY find what you were looking for, it is boring and dated anyway. Mind you, I know the park inside out from visiting it so much but to the average park guest, the park is confusing. It's almost as if it was designed solely from Roller Coaster Tycoon software.

md0u80a2

My thoughts - keys to the kingdom discussion

Hi

I have just visited WDW and after reading all the threads here is my two cents. Please note, I am a nobodoy, just my point of view - please dont flame me!

Firstly, MK is great. I would love new attractions, but it could go 5-10 years with current line up and still have top attendance. It will always have a timeless quality.

Epcot - Living seas needed rehab desperately. SE is ok - it could stay same. No more e tickets required for a while. MS, TT and Soarin are great and give good range. WOL should be classic pavillion style not TT style. I do like the weather idea I have seen around.

MGM - I disagree that it is the weakest park. After giving it a good go this time, I think it is ok. ToT great, Rockin great, Animation great, Little mermaid great, fantasmic great, never did millionaire before and it is fun, movie ride I can accept both points of view. But low cost scene updates and maybe minor smell and other physical effects would do without changing essence of ride. Doesnt need to be eticket.

AK - THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I totally agree with the posters who have said clever dark ride themed attractions are needed, not etickets. After EE one more will do a few years down the line, but you need Journey to imagnination, Great movie, millionaire, pirates, etc style rides. THEY GOT THE MATERIAL and it is not high cost and they got space. What about a dark ride for jungle book - classic!!! What about lady and tramp themed dog attraction - a petting store with puppies who get adopted by guests with a look after your pets message. What about magic carpets disney quest style swiss family robinson animal race attraction. THESE MAY ALL SOUND RUBBISH, BUT I AM NO IMAGINEER. The point is I see how animal kingdom could be very cool. But the problem is people do NOT want a zoo, but a disney theme park. All the zoo stuff comes in the same category of world showcase. People visit it, enjoy, but if you are in the park a few hours you do furutre world (my POV) and the visitors are agreein with there feet. I did the whole park to death in half a day. There was more to do, but nothing interested me. Thee is a limit to how many animals they can do.

And what did my Magic Kingdom keys to the kingdom tour guide say when pushed on this? Well, she said they are fully aware they are due a new park now at WDW, but decision from the bosses is to work on bringing the current ones upto spec over the next 5-6 years. Now what interested me was she stressed MK and EPCOT and the redo and updating of many existing attractions, rather than additions. MGM was mentioned and the impression with AK I got was that EE is coming as well as new stage show and they want to see result of them. She also said any beastly kingdom talk at the moment is BS, just people aware of original plan recirculating info. However, as I said, interesting focus was the MK and epcot and she almost confirmed the PoTC rehab. Interestingly, she explained why it took so long to clear 20000 leagues site. Turns out the whole costume department was underground there and clearing it meant flooding the costumes, so dept had to be moved.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Dr Gordon

peter11435

md0u80a2 said:
AK - THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I totally agree with the posters who have said clever dark ride themed attractions are needed, not etickets. After EE one more will do a few years down the line, but you need Journey to imagnination, Great movie, millionaire, pirates, etc style rides. THEY GOT THE MATERIAL and it is not high cost and they got space.

Just so you know Pirates, The great movie ride, and Journey into Imagination are all E-Tickets. A ride does not have to be thrilling to be an E-ticket. In fact that has nothing to do with it. E-Ticket referes to the level of quality not the level of thrill. Also contrary to popular belief rides like pirates, and the great movie ride are not cheap.

md0u80a2

Surely a rehab to Great movie ride would be a lot cheaper than expedition everest? I know they are not cheap, but remember, b ythe logic the tour guide said, they have the 750million or whatever it is they spend on a new park to play with over 5 years.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
md0u80a2 said:
Interestingly, she explained why it took so long to clear 20000 leagues site. Turns out the whole costume department was underground there and clearing it meant flooding the costumes, so dept had to be moved.

That just doesn't sound right .

It sounds like that rumour about draining the lagoon would collapse the utilidors. :hammer: :lol:

peter11435

md0u80a2 said:
Surely a rehab to Great movie ride would be a lot cheaper than expedition everest? I know they are not cheap, but remember, b ythe logic the tour guide said, they have the 750million or whatever it is they spend on a new park to play with over 5 years.

A rehab that keeps the same building and exact same ride system wouldn't be that expensive. However detailed show scenes and AA are far from cheap. Remember rides them selves including roller coasters are not that expensive. A roller coaster can be built for well under 10 million and a great (best in the world type) coaster can be built for less than 15. It is Disney themeing, AA, special effects, lighting, and other equiptment that bring a relatively inexpensive coaster into a 100 million dollar E:E. Splash Mountain cost about 90 million but if you take away all of the themeing, AA, special effects, lighting, and other equiptment all thats left is a relatively cheap log flume.

peter11435

unkadug said:
That just doesn't sound right .

It sounds like that rumour about draining the lagoon would collapse the utilidors. :hammer: :lol:
Or my favorite, all the people who said that draining the sub lagoon at Disneyland would cause the Matterhorn to collapse. In case you didn't know the sub lagoon at Disneyland is currently drained and the Matterghorn is just fine. Moral of the story- Don't believe everything everyone tells you.. even if they are Disney tour guides.

MedievalTimes21

I think something like the Brother Bear Raft Ride from DisneyCorner.com,IJA,or Journey to the Center of the Earth(A.K).would be their best thought in mind. 2007-2008??

goofyfan13

MedievalTimes21 said:
I think something like the Brother Bear Raft Ride from DisneyCorner.com,IJA,or Journey to the Center of the Earth(A.K).would be their best thought in mind. 2007-2008??

Oh no...

He's back...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom