After Expedition Everest?

goofyfan13

For a minute I thought this thread had been resurected, only to find out it was a new one... :lol:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=61772

Please learn to use the search function, it'll save you from a lot of future grief. We don't know what will be built next, the only way to find out is if there is an announcment, we can speculate all we want but we really won't know until ground is broken and some sort of announcement made. But welcome to the boards. :wave:

And on a side note, try not to make the font either that light in color(hard to read) or that big(kind of obnoxious). :wave:

jaredliu

It is safe to say that after EE, the main focus will be on Epcot's 25th. Jim Hill mentions about new fireworks to replace illuminations to celebrate it's 25th brithday since equipment for illuminations is getting wear and tear.

TP2000

There was a post on LaughingPlace recently that indirectly spoke about this topic, with the info coming straight from Marty Sklar. The short answer is that there isn't much currently planned for WDW, and specifically the Magic Kingdom Park, after Everest opens.

The transcript of the LaughingPlace post is as follows;

"So I had to fly to Portland early Friday morning, so my Thursday night was packed... thus the reason I didn't post this until now.

I had a meeting Thursday afternoon at WDI, and chatted with Marty Sklar - my first time having a real conversation with the guy, and I wasn't actually expecting to meet him that day. But he's genuine and sweet, albeit a tad world-weary. Still very optimistic...

We talked a bit about DCA, and he said this issue is front and center and that they are working hard on plans to really breathe new life into the place.

Aside from that, not a whole lot to tell, except for the sad news that Magic Kingdom in WDW probably shouldn't expect any e-tickets for quite a long time. And design work has begun for Shanghai, but everyone here knew that already. I don't know how far along the are.

There is now a beautiful tribute to John Hench in one of the hallways at WDI, not too far from their little commissary... it's a fitting collection of tributes written and painted by a number of people who knew and were influenced by him... taking various forms. I haven't been to the Glendale campus in about three years, and so this was pretty new.

Anyway, it was nice to hear from the horse's mouth that his attention is focused on "fixing" (yes, that was a term used) DCA."

I wouldn't count on much coming to WDW before the end of the decade, aside from Everest and smaller attraction nips and tucks.

I do think it's good they are focusing on DCA as the Priority One for American parks; I was at Disneyland today and it was it's usual packed and busy Saturday self; with busy queues for all the rides and parades and Fantasmic! and fireworks and both dancefloors full of local kids twisting the night away at another Date Nite at Disneyland. But 100 yards to the south of Disneyland, DCA was very quiet and had very few people wandering around without much going on. A gorgeously cool and crisp late summer evening in SoCal, and everyone seemed to want to be at Disneyland instead of DCA.

DCA is obviously in need of more attention that the WDW parks at this time.

goofyfan13

TP2000 said:
DCA is obviously in need of more attention that the WDW parks at this time.

I'm glad to hear that DCA is getting some much needed attention, but, at the same time, they aren't exactly going to just ignore the fact that Epcot's 25th is coming up. :)

mickey04

It's such a shame that the lack of foresite in planning for DCA in people like Paul Pressler not only resulted in a lack of attention to Disneyland for so many years (until recently), but that its become such a problem that the Florida parks might now be affected.

Did I mention I hate him?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
drew_dawg2005ut said:
I have herd on www.mugglenet.com that Disney has bought rights to build a Harry Potter ride! Some say it will be at Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

First, please use only the default font color and size. Second, how in the world would the theming of Harry Potter fit in with the theming of AK or Epcot? If it was MGM or MK, I could see it... but Epcot and AK are the two that don't fit.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Thrawn said:
First, please use only the default font color and size. Second, how in the world would the theming of Harry Potter fit in with the theming of AK or Epcot? If it was MGM or MK, I could see it... but Epcot and AK are the two that don't fit.
United Kingdom = Harry Potter

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
drew_dawg2005ut said:
Does any one know what Disney is planning after EE opens??

sign0068.gif

I thought I was going blind !!!

It might help if you stuck with the default font and colors, as it makes it make easier on the eyes to read.Or at least hit the Preview Post button to make sure that it is readable with a minimum of effort.

Anyway Wecome aboard.... :wave:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
NemoRocks said:
United Kingdom = Harry Potter

Doesn't work for me. Nothing in the Potter story actually has to do with the UK. Saying that it should be there is like saying Peter Pan should be there.

Thrawn said:
Doesn't work for me. Nothing in the Potter story actually has to do with the UK. Saying that it should be there is like saying Peter Pan should be there.

uh its the same with the trolls being in Norway. Hogwarts is in England thats good enough for me.

speck76

jaredliu said:
It is safe to say that after EE, the main focus will be on Epcot's 25th. Jim Hill mentions about new fireworks to replace illuminations to celebrate it's 25th brithday since equipment for illuminations is getting wear and tear.

I still do not think Epcot's 25th will be a major marketing campaign

Tigger1988

Harry Potter has no place in Disney World...UK or not...I would rather have a Mary Poppins ride put into the UK...being as its actually takes place in England

speck76

Tigger1988 said:
Harry Potter has no place in Disney World...UK or not...I would rather have a Mary Poppins ride put into the UK...being as its actually takes place in England

agreed.....

goofyfan13

Ghostbuster626 said:
uh its the same with the trolls being in Norway. Hogwarts is in England thats good enough for me.

Trolls are more a part of the Norwegian culture(for lack of a better word) than Harry Potter is in the UK. It's like the Yeti with the Himilayas, dragons with China/Japan, etc..,

Many countries have folklore/myths about creatures in their past and culture. I think it's kind of unfair to compare trolls to Harry Potter. IMO...

speck76

I have posted this before......but here it is again.

HCOE is basically a 2 year marketing campaign.....2006 will see some new attractions to keep the marketing buzz at a high level.

MK- Cinderellabration
Epcot -The Land redo & Soarin'
MGM - LMAX
DAK - Lucky

MK - Pooh's Playful Spot
Epcot - TLS redo
MGM - Narnia movie set exhibit
DAK - EE (& rumored Tarzan ROCKS! replacement)

After the end of 2006.....what is left?

Epcot will have recieved MS, Soarin/Land redo, & Turtle Talk/TLS redo, within the previous few years......the park is back on the attendance upswing, and does not really need anything at this time to continue that trend.

MK will have recieved Cinderellabration, SGE, Philharmagic, IASW redo, Wishes, and PPS within the last few years. Attendance is high, and not really effected by additions of new attractions......most visitors to WDW go to the MK, moreso than the other parks......if people skip a park (due to time constraints) it is not typically the MK. What the MK could use is some upgrades to the existing attractions......but at this point, nothing new is needed from a business standpoint.

DAK could always use additional attractions, but will have recieved EE and potentially a replacement Tarzan ROCKS! all in 2006......my guess is that the park will need to wait and see what these new attractions do to visitor trends prior to planning anything additional. The park probably does not need any additional E-Tickets, but moreso less attractions and diversions.

MGM.....poor MGM.....out of all of the parks, this one needs the most help. I do not believe new attractions are needed (but could be useful) but the older attractions are in need of an update....the park is really showing poorly as of late.

RSoxNo1

AK needs another live animal attraction within the next few years to go with EE. I know they've been in talks with the Chinese government about Asian Elephants and Giant Pandas. I would imagine with Disney's attendance and emphasis on conservation that we should see both species make their way into the Animal Kingdom within the next 5 years. After all, I don't believe they've had a major animal expansion since the Maharaj jungle Trek opened shortly after the park's official opening.

speck76

RSoxNo1 said:
AK needs another live animal attraction within the next few years to go with EE. I know they've been in talks with the Chinese government about Asian Elephants and Giant Pandas. I would imagine with Disney's attendance and emphasis on conservation that we should see both species make their way into the Animal Kingdom within the next 5 years. After all, I don't believe they've had a major animal expansion since the Maharaj jungle Trek opened shortly after the park's official opening.

I agree.....

May '04 I started a thread about this.....copied below:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=37979

I have recently purchased an annual pass, and although I have lived in Orlando for 7 years, I have only been to Animal Kingdom twice before today.

It was nice to see the baby elephant on the Safari ride, but does anyone else think that if the ride moved a little slower (allowing more time to view the animals), and the whole "poaching" subplot was removed, the safari would be a better ride. The bad part about the ride is that you are zoomed past some of the animals, and this is the only place in the park to see the major animals like the elephants, giraffes, lions...

Also, this was my first visit to Asia. I did not ride Kali River Rapids (I once worked on a ride like this at Cedar Point) as I did not feel like getting soaked. I thought the bird show was nice, but all of the tricks I have seen at other zoos. The jungle trek was nice, although the first cast member (at the Komodo Dragon) was a little blunt, as the lizard was not moving around, and she stated in a rude manner "I am sure the tigers are doing the same thing."

Anyway, I thought that DAK missed the boat with Asia, as there are so many animals throughout Asia that can not be seen at every single zoo in the country, like the tigers can. Pandas would be nice, which are rare in American Zoos, and although they would not fit the Indian theme of DAK's Asia, neither do the Komodo Dragons (from Indonesia). Also, Orangutans, which could be as popular as Gorillas, and they are fun to watch, along with all of the various Indonesian breeds of primates.

Now, that being said, the reason I don't typically visit DAK is that there is simply not alot to do...and I even take a lot of time looking at the animals (of which they seem to be a bit heavy on various breeds of duck). I am so looking forward to Everest opening, but that is two years away. I would think that if DAK were to add a few more animals trails similar to the jungle trek, that could add an hour or more to a guest's stay. Also, something like that would be cheap, at least compared to Everest.

I apoligize if this has been discussed to death, but I am new around here.

Speck

RSoxNo1

The speed of the vehicles through Kilimanjaro Safaris is a necessity. They view that ride as an attraction that 100% of guests will want to see. For that reason it has to have a huge capacity per hour. It has 3 loading docks and huge vehicles that are probably no more than 20 seconds apart. Even with all this, the line is the longest in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom