After Expedition Everest?

HunnyPot

jrobinson424 said:
The latest thing I have heard is that actually, Harry Potter is the Yeti. The true story is that he has stolen the new monorails and the object is to go retrieve them. Mr. Toad is the Yeti's pet and they cruise around in one of the 20k submarines. What will be discovered at the end of the ride is that you will be given the actual date of Beastly Kingdom's opening and the start date of construction of the 5th park called Coaster Kingdom which is based on all of the Evil Disney Characters running around chasing each other on massive state-of-the-art roller coasters.

:lol:

RSoxNo1

Rotel1026 said:
I had heard that story and can understand how a tiger in the same room with you could be thrilling, a run in with a tiger can have scary results (such as with Roy the magician in Vegas), but there's a big difference between being in a room with a wild animal and just being close to one at a park. Yes, you might only be separated by 3 inches of glass from a tiger but we know there's no way that tiger or gorilla are going to get thru that glass. Simply put, the animal exhibits at AK are great and top notch, better than just about any other zoo's or park but you cannot call AK's animal exhibits any more "thrilling" than anyone elses because there's no real thrill in the usual sense. That's what the rides are for and if someone at Disney actually thinks otherwise, then I think they need to be put in a room, alone with a tiger.

If you kept reading you'll see that I made the same point you did. With the Savannah ride because we can have ostriches, gazelles and giraffe's cross our path we feel the threat of rhinos, elephants and to a lesser extent lions crossing in front of us. They tried this with the bamboo window in Pangani Forest to make it seem like the Gorillas are literally two broken bamboo sticks away from running wild, unfortunately it doesn't really work like that.

All that being said, Disney's collections of animals thus far is magnificent and the cost to obtain most of these animals is primarily in the transportation costs. With Disney's large audience and passion for conservation should enhance the possibility of more endangered species finding their ways into the animal kingdom. I know when the park was first build they had an animal capacity of around 2k and they started out with around 1k. They have a large expansion area in Camp Minnie Mickey and a smaller area by Asia. One walk through that could conceivably work would be the penguin/polar bear rooms i mentioned earlier. Conceivably a transparent floor that guests could walk on would provide them the opportunity to watch polar bears and penguins swimming all around them.

Now I'm just throwing out random ideas none of which will obviously see the light of day because let's face it... who am i? The fact of the matter is, that even with Expedition Everest, the park needs more substance, needs to celebrate animals even more and showcase humans respect and passion for animals. This park has the capacity to be the greatest source of Disney Eduatainment. It's not quite their yet, but it's only 7 1/2 years old.

Tim G

RSoxNo1 said:
If you kept reading you'll see that I made the same point you did. With the Savannah ride because we can have ostriches, gazelles and giraffe's cross our path we feel the threat of rhinos, elephants and to a lesser extent lions crossing in front of us. They tried this with the bamboo window in Pangani Forest to make it seem like the Gorillas are literally two broken bamboo sticks away from running wild, unfortunately it doesn't really work like that.

All that being said, Disney's collections of animals thus far is magnificent and the cost to obtain most of these animals is primarily in the transportation costs. With Disney's large audience and passion for conservation should enhance the possibility of more endangered species finding their ways into the animal kingdom. I know when the park was first build they had an animal capacity of around 2k and they started out with around 1k. They have a large expansion area in Camp Minnie Mickey and a smaller area by Asia. One walk through that could conceivably work would be the penguin/polar bear rooms i mentioned earlier. Conceivably a transparent floor that guests could walk on would provide them the opportunity to watch polar bears and penguins swimming all around them.

Now I'm just throwing out random ideas none of which will obviously see the light of day because let's face it... who am i? The fact of the matter is, that even with Expedition Everest, the park needs more substance, needs to celebrate animals even more and showcase humans respect and passion for animals. This park has the capacity to be the greatest source of Disney Eduatainment. It's not quite their yet, but it's only 7 1/2 years old.
You're very hard to satisfy... To be honest you should be glad with what's coming to the park NOW... and not whine about more this and more that...

Be glad what you have, makes life a lot easier... :D :D :D

RSoxNo1

I'm speaking in general conceptions of the park. I love the walk throughs, I appreciate the Animal Kingdom probably the most of any of the Disney parks, but the majority of the people on this site think the park is incomplete, I do agree with that - but to a much lesser extent than most people.

MiklCraw4d

jrobinson424 said:
The latest thing I have heard is that actually, Harry Potter is the Yeti. The true story is that he has stolen the new monorails and the object is to go retrieve them. Mr. Toad is the Yeti's pet and they cruise around in one of the 20k submarines. What will be discovered at the end of the ride is that you will be given the actual date of Beastly Kingdom's opening and the start date of construction of the 5th park called Coaster Kingdom which is based on all of the Evil Disney Characters running around chasing each other on massive state-of-the-art roller coasters.

This may be my favorite post ever on this board.

disneylands

Account Suspended
jrobinson424 said:

WOW REALLY. BOY THAT DISNEY IS SO CLEVER!:lol:

Imaginationeer

Are You All Crazy????

in case you didn't know WDW will celebrate it's 35th anniversary 1 month after the end of the happiest celebration on earth!!!

And heres whats in the works
MK: Jungle Cruise Refurb
POTC Refurb
Snow White Refurb
360 degree 3-D Movie
Space Mountain Refurb
New Parade
EP: UoE Refurb or Replacement
New WoL Pavillion
New Fireworks
MGM:Villans Ride
Star Tours 2

Tigger1988

Imaginationeer said:
Are You All Crazy????

in case you didn't know WDW will celebrate it's 35th anniversary 1 month after the end of the happiest celebration on earth!!!

POTC Refurb
Snow White Refurb
360 degree 3-D Movie
Space Mountain Refurb
New Parade
New WoL Pavillion
New Fireworks
Star Tours 2

Does anyone else smell the BS?...What is your basis on this?

goofyfan13

Imaginationeer said:
Are You All Crazy????

POTC Refurb
Snow White Refurb
360 degree 3-D Movie
Space Mountain Refurb
New Parade
New WoL Pavillion
New Fireworks
Star Tours 2

Welcome to the board! While I am all for most of these, I have to ask the usual question, any proof to back up that claim or at least a source? :wave:

Crazy Harry

Imaginationeer said:
Are You All Crazy????

POTC Refurb
Snow White Refurb
360 degree 3-D Movie
Space Mountain Refurb
New Parade
New WoL Pavillion
New Fireworks
Star Tours 2

I believe most of it, only because you got this info from the same sources we all already have, but it won't all happen in such a short amount of time. And I highly doubt a villians ride is in route for MGM.

Nothing at epcot is likely to begin until the living seas is completed. Then i believe WOL will be replaced, not refurbed, with UOE the next on the chopping block immediantly following.

As far as MK, I would doubt more than one existing attraction will go down at a time, probally pirates first, and maybe a new attraction somewhere else.

And why does snow white need an upgrade, looked great to me?

I don't really think star tours will go down until after a new attraction is added either by removing indy or using another plot of land.

And as far as AK, i guarentee something is in the works for after EE, I just don't know what.

And yes, I'm crazy :D

CoffeeJedi

Imaginationeer said:
Are You All Crazy????

POTC Refurb
Snow White Refurb
360 degree 3-D Movie
Space Mountain Refurb
New Parade
New WoL Pavillion
New Fireworks
Star Tours 2

i think you missed:
Indianna Jones Adventure
the new Harry Potter ride
Wester River Expidition
Beastley Kingdomme (with Dragon coaster)
the new 5th gate which will be a "Villian Kingdom" and be all "dark" and scary with giant coasters that go a hunred' jillion miles an hour and will scare away all the little kids and a permanent Nightmare Before Christmas ride and a permanent PotC Movie ride with animatronical Jack and Will and Elizabeth and Barbossa
the 6th park which will be an exact replica of Disneysea (including ride duplicates like ToT)
the 7th park which will be "Nostalgia Kingdom" where they'll bring back Adventures Through Inner Space, Mr. Toad, CoP, the original Imagination, the original Alien Encounter, Minetrain through Nature's Wonderland, the Aunt Jamima Pancake House

there? did i miss any crazy ideas? sorry kid, keep dreamin :)

spies13

The new ride will be at MGM and it will be similar to Indiana Jones at Disneyland. However the ride theme will be The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. THey are shooting for it to open by Halloween 2007.

FrumiousBoojum

Crazy Harry said:
And as far as AK, i guarentee something is in the works for after EE, I just don't know what.

Well, last I heard, it's definately going to be replacements of the cheap pipes beneath the park... after all, we don't need a Kali River expansion. But I haven't heard any on that for a long time, so who knows if it's true?

CoffeeJedi said:
the 7th park which will be "Nostalgia Kingdom" where they'll bring back Adventures Through Inner Space, Mr. Toad, CoP, the original Imagination, the original Alien Encounter, Minetrain through Nature's Wonderland, the Aunt Jamima Pancake House

Wow... forget the 5th and 6th parks, I want the 7th!!!

I hope a Hotel of the Future will be built next to it. :)

MagicalMonorail

:lol:
CoffeeJedi said:
i think you missed:
Indianna Jones Adventure
Wester River Expidition
the new 5th gate which will be a "Villian Kingdom" and be all "dark" and scary with giant coasters that go a hunred' jillion miles an hour and will scare away all the little kids and a permanent Nightmare Before Christmas ride and a permanent PotC Movie ride with animatronical Jack and Will and Elizabeth and Barbossa
the 6th park which will be an exact replica of Disneysea (including ride duplicates like ToT)

there? did i miss any crazy ideas?:)

Don't tell me you forgot to include the monorail expansion. :mad: :lol:

goofyfan13

CoffeeJedi said:
i think you missed:
Indianna Jones Adventure
Wester River Expidition

there? did i miss any crazy ideas? sorry kid, keep dreamin :)

Fire Mountain.... :(

Crazy Harry

FrumiousBoojum said:
Well, last I heard, it's definately going to be replacements of the cheap pipes beneath the park... after all, we don't need a Kali River expansion. But I haven't heard any on that for a long time, so who knows if it's true?:)

I think I heard that that whole problem was blown out of proportion. I know there are problems with the cheap pipes, but I don't believe the cost of a fix is all that extensive. Can anyone confirm this because I'm curious.

Or it could have been that the cost however great would not effect the building of new rides or rehabs, but my memory on this is a tad fuzzy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom