Aersmith replacement?

durhay

I would vote for Spinal Tap or the Rutles. Bon Jovi wouldn't work because of all the acid-wash flashbacks it would cause. Linkin Park wouldn't work because they haven't demonstrated staying power yet. Has anyone mentioned Queen yet?

Not For Sale

WEEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME WANT WEEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but these other bands would do (keep in mind I am a big fan of punk)

The Clash
Ramones
Dropkick Murpheys
Less Than Jake
Sublime
Bouncing Souls

BTW...You cant get The Beatles cause you would have 2 deal with Michael Jackson!

MouseMadness

Originally posted by KevinPage
I sw my first KISS concert in 1979, when I was 7 years old. At the time it was their last tour with makeup.

SEVEN?!?!?! :eek: Wow! How'd you manage that one? Wow! (Sorry, I have no choice to add, without Aerosmith the ride will be crap for me, I just can't believe you went to a Kiss concert at SEVEN! )

DDPGambit

Personally I'd love to see HIM at RnR, but it'll never, EVER happen. (Certainly not with lyrics the likes of "Love's the funeral of hearts, and an ode for cruelty. When angels cry blood and flowers of evil are in bloom.")

Linkin Park would be a good choice, but in 5 years. They are big, but as was said, they don't yet have the staying power needed. But if Disney redoes the ride in 5 or 10 years, LP would be a very good choice.
As would Spinal Tap. Just cos. The fact that they are just a parody works really well with a theme park ride. Prehaps the story is changed so that they are driving the limo, and are late to a show, thus speeding all over L.A.?

OliveMcFly

I would pick Fuel. Mostly because of the family connection, but they are still a great band. Although...What's up Kevin?? Anyways...I say Fuel. Or Backstreet Boys!! Heck No...I'm just playin y'all. HeHe

durhay

If it was Spinal Tap you'd spend the ride looking for Cleveland.
They could go with a generic cover band and license particular songs from across the music spectrum. Or instead of a specific band use a Muse. Start with "For those about to rock ... fire!" Go into "Rock and Roll" by Led Zep, then "Highway Star" by Deep Purple, and on and on. When the ride goes 101 play some Morrissey.

durhay

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
So...nobody thinks that "Life in the Fastlane" by the Eagles would fit?

Maybe in the queue. They could make up a game called "How many laws are broken in this song?"

durhay

If they used Metallica, they'd only need to use one song. Save some money. That's a whole 'nother topic, which one song would work the best. I would nominate "Jesus built my hotrod" by Ministry.

andre85

Someone mentioned the Paris version of Rockin Roller Coaster. What are the differences between the two versions? I'm surprised Disney would change the pre-show.

polyman 65

Ms Piggys super star limo,its been on the works for many years now that Disney owns the muppets you never know!Muppets rock n rollercoaster:hurl: Aerosmith sounds better:sohappy:

Piglet2001

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
So...nobody thinks that "Life in the Fastlane" by the Eagles would fit?

I think the Eagles have several songs that would work on the ride. Life in the Fastlane is one, James Dean is a good one, Heartache Tonight as well as others. I know that they can be driven fast to. And there are several solo songs that could also work on the ride.

But the problem with the Eagles is getting the rights to the songs, and as a huge Eagles fan I know how protective the Eagles are with their songs. It would be easier to do a Joe Walsh/Glenn Frey solo songs ride.

I do think it has to be a Classic band. The newer bands would turn alot of people off. The more Classic bands have a broader appeal.

And I'm 29. In a earlier post someone made a comment about the Eagles being too old of a band. I've seen them in concert several times and the crowd was a mix of various age groups.

PhilharMagician

I just saw Aerosmith & KISS in concert tha day after Thanksgiving and I went in a Aerosmith fan and walked out a KISS fan. ( I have always been a metal head)

KISS
Metallica
GNR would be my top choice, but who knows what planet Axle Rose is on today.

Calamar

David Bowie?

Yeah, well, he already has a huge presence in Walt Disney World, as my Disney Team always sings "Space Oddity" whenever we ride Space Mountain.

ThirdEye

Led Zeppelin or AC/DC would be the best!!! Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have so many songs known by each age group. They could play the solo from Stair Way to Heaven everyone knows that. Or Back In Black, Shook me all night long etc. Those would all rock.

Ozzy would work to...some crazy train and Black Sabbath. But thats not much of a family image.

They should just have a bunch of random rock songs, where no rides would be the same. They could have just a list of 1,000s of rock songs on shuffle so each ride is unique.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom