Aersmith replacement?

Mr Bill

Original Poster
Aerosmith replacement?

If Aerosmith or Disney was to decide not to renew the contract for the Rock N Roller Coaster, what band do you think would be appropriate to take over? There are a lot of good bands out there, but the problem is finding one that has a halfway decent image. The first thing that comes to mind is Guns 'n Roses, but Axl doesn't exactly have a halfway decent image. Mr. Brownstone isn't about an old guy who dances ya know.
Whitesnake might work. :confused:

Lee

Adventurer
Whitesnake?:confused:

Never happen. Nobody remembers them.

I've thought about it and the easiest one that comes to mind is
Bon Jovi. The songs would fit, and they are still pretty popular.

I always thought that if they put one in DCA, No Doubt would be perfect out there. Good songs, local band, etc.

I'm still wishfull thinking for U2.:D

civileng68

Account Suspended
?

I dont know but I sure hope it's a wholesome family type of band. I will be extremely disappointed if they bring a new popular band in that has made a mockery of themselves (Britney, Justin, and on and on)

Mr Bill

Original Poster
I want Led Zeppelin. You know, just to see how much they can lenghten the coaster to suit Stairway to Heaven. Or maybe Pink Floyd. They can play all nine parts of Shine on you Crazy Diamond. I don't think anyone wants a 26 minute roller coaster though.

Tom

Beta Return
Hmmmm

Originally posted by civileng68
I dont know but I sure hope it's a wholesome family type of band. I will be extremely disappointed if they bring a new popular band in that has made a mockery of themselves (Britney, Justin, and on and on)

Yeah, they should bring in that good, wholesome Mouseketeer.....what was her name? Oh yeah, Britney Spears, LOL! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

I despise Aerosmith anyway, especially since he fouled up the National Anthem at the Indy 500 a few years back (I'm quite the patriot). They need someone with quality, but that's hard to find thesedays!

PhotoDave219

Like Aerosmith wouldn't renew the contract.
Thats priceless.... :LOL:

And the original idea was for it to be the Rolling Stones, not Aerosmith. Personally, i think it works better this way. Fortunetly Aerosmith's licensing rights were 1/10th the cost per year that the Stones wanted.

polyman 65

I think it could be changed to be any rock band or it could be not just one band but several.The movie could be changed to have any band or a made up one in a made up studio.I would love to see that ,different bands playing different songs on your trip.I love the different songs played in the courtyard area,wish that was on a CD.:lol: Aerosmith is the perfect band now but if they retire or one dies it should be changed.Just keep the Steven countdown at launch

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Since I'm a fan of Heavy Metal I have to suggest either AC/DC, Metallica or Van Halen (prior to Van Haggar).

Of the grunge set, I like Offspring. Linkin' Park would be cool.

If they could get my favorite bands, Depeche Mode or Nine Inch Nails, that would be awesome.

As it is...I like Aerosmith so I hope that's the way it stays. As we've seen in the past...

Disney + change doesn't always = good.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
oohhhhhhhhh i got it. POISON! i dont think brett michaels is doing much. he could probably work the ride and send people off into the darkness of the tunnel.

with all seriousness, if poison took over, i really dont think i would ever ride it again.

if i were forced to ride, i would pray it came off the tracks and sling me into one of the poles.

as you can tell, i think poison is one of those bands that werent a fade, they were a tragedy! lol

to all you poison fans out there, sorry for teasing brett michaels in thinking he could be a cast member.

to cast members, sorry for insulting you with the thought of brett michaels working with you.......... lol

Scooter

How about Afroman??

Imagine flying up and down that Roller coaster with "Because I Got High" Blasting in your ear...hehehe:lol:

JBSLJames

Since the big visual is a guitar, I would go with Van Halen.

As far as popularity right now in Rock Bands, Bon Jovi would be a good choice and Jon has movie experience as well.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
only thing about van halen, whos the front man, sammy or david, that would be a nightmare getting all parties to agree on that stuff.

i like the bon jovi idea better than van halen.

durhay

I think the bands of the last twenty or so wouldn't appeal to a large enough audience. You'd need the Rolling Stones or the Who. Bands like GreatWhiteLionSnake or NIN (are you kidding??) couldn't cut it. AC/DC, though rocking, are aging (and unintelligible when they speak). As for Van Halen, who would front? Would David Lee Roths's comb-over prove too distracting? U2 would appeal to a lot of people but few describe them as "rocking". I think instead of one band they could use a whole slew of bands, past and present. You could start with Elvis and work your way through the years.

WDWFREAK53

Lee hit it on the head...

U2 would rock...but most likely...it would be Bon Jovi.

(Oh, imagine it...

"I want to run...I want to hide...I want to break down the walls...that hold me inside...

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME..."

"We move...in Mysterious Ways"

"Well it's a Beautiful Day"

"Sunday Bloody Sunday"

"Pride"

"Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me"

"Discotheque"

"Bullet the Blue Skies"

Soooo many great songs by U2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom