Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

bhg469

Jungle cruise is a classic and still a must do every trip to the park. Especially when you get lucky with a good guide.

Why I really hope they get the best of the best to be servers in the new restaurant. Staffing of this place will be the key
Yup, Id home to see the speedway gone long before the Jungle Cruise is touched. A good skipper can make that ride amazing.

matt9112

The carpets serve a purpose though even though I dislike them. The purpose is that that entire side of the park is ride lacking and it needed something else to eat people up. This became even more important with fast pass and people waiting and killing time for their next ride. Plus it is brings young families over to this side of the park and helps ease the demand in FL. Now that problem was fixed with the double dumbo but still the ride serves a purpose. Otherwise it is wasted land with really no good value at this time... So they might as well keep the ride.

Plus nothing else could be used in that space unless the knock down the treehouse... which man can you believe the nuts if they took that thing down....

Knock it down.

disney4life2008

Can you describe what a yuck mouth sandwich is? I've never heard this terminology.

Lol. Well basically its a made up term I use to describe something that is nasty. But its really a urban term to describe someone who does not take good care of their teeth and gums, hence, yuck mouth. But applied to be our guest, yuck mouth refers to the menu being disguting.

Communicore

Yes, but where would you put it? Isn't almost every square foot of property taken up in Adventureland? If so, only a ride with a small footprint such as a spinner would fit the space available. They'd have to build the cave of wonders like in the movie: so it magically pops up out of the ground.... and takes us on an adventure through new utilidors? Hmm... that could be cool.
Yea that would be awesome!

Communicore

Actually I think the tree should come down too. Remember Horizons was torn down, so this tree based on some ancient folk tale that kids nowadays more likely haven't heard of or don't give a hoot about can be torn down as well. Maybe it can be moved to Animal Kingdom so it can add another 30 minutes to the half day park. Swisskapolka can remain as part of a BGM loop.

Communicore

Lol. Well basically its a made up term I use to describe something that is nasty. But its really a urban term to describe someone who does not take good care of their teeth and gums, hence, yuck mouth. But applied to be our guest, yuck mouth refers to the menu being disguting.
I prefer to use the term "nastified" like say for example the food at The Commissary or Liberty Inn, or the beef from the Singapore stand at F&W.

lazyboy97o

Actually I think the tree should come down too. Remember Horizons was torn down, so this tree based on some ancient folk tale that kids nowadays more likely haven't heard of or don't give a hoot about can be torn down as well. Maybe it can be moved to Animal Kingdom so it can add another 30 minutes to the half day park. Swisskapolka can remain as part of a BGM loop.
Ancient folk tale? Really?

gmajew

Premium Member
Around 200 seats. I don't believe there has been any details on the food yet.

Yikes that is small. With average table turns of 1.5 hours in this type of establishment we are looking at a low low capacity restaurant.

Even if they rush you out in an hour it will be low capacity.

Menu will need to be limited to improve on those times but then you lose the charm of the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom