Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, June 27. New framing for walls going up.

IMG_5655.JPG

Looking to the right, more excavating.

IMG_5656.JPG

As viewed from The Adventureland bridge, new excavation reveals an old pipe main, probably to the network of fire mains in previous photo.

IMG_5657.JPG

Victor Kelly

I don't know this building well, but it appears that it already had some sort of outside seating area.

67s4kz.jpg
You would be correct, there has always been outside seating, covered of course. But perhaps they may make it outside-ish like Crystal Palace. Eat in comfort with a beautiful view kinda deal without being outside at all.

Victor Kelly

My sarcasm is totally lost on this board. :) I was joking in the fact that even after footings went in people were still saying there was no addition. So, now that block walls are visible, I said that I heard there was going to be no addition.

At least it was funny to me. :D
No No No. There are no walls going up. It is everyone's imagination. Walls are never going to be placed. Remember no additions are in the plans.

roj2323

The interesting thing for me is the wall kept going up the hill in a relatively straight line. I was unable to get a photo from that angle as the SO was practically dragging me around the park but I'd guess this addition is somewhere around 1,000-1,500 sq foot at least. I'm sure it's probably bathrooms as everyone else has suggested but doesn't Adventureland veranda already have bathrooms and if it does what are they doing with the space those bathrooms currently occupy?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The interesting thing for me is the wall kept going up the hill in a relatively straight line. I was unable to get a photo from that angle as the SO was practically dragging me around the park but I'd guess this addition is somewhere around 1,000-1,500 sq foot at least. I'm sure it's probably bathrooms as everyone else has suggested but doesn't Adventureland veranda already have bathrooms and if it does what are they doing with the space those bathrooms currently occupy?

It's definitly restrooms. Do you know where the existing bathrooms are?

Bocabear

It's definitly restrooms. Do you know where the existing bathrooms are?
The restrooms are right next door to the restaurant...actually they are in the same building just the opposite side of it....But I am sure the restaurant for a table service place might need it's own dedicated restrooms...

ABQ

The restrooms are right next door to the restaurant...actually they are in the same building just the opposite side of it....But I am sure the restaurant for a table service place might need it's own dedicated restrooms...
I wonder, that's probably correct and probably part of some current code requirements. Though I always found the restrooms in the Liberty Tree to be incredibly curious and possibly a testament to former requirements, or barely required at all. Tiny, upstairs with no ADA access.

bunnyman

Does the Adventureland Veranda and Liberty Tree share any overlapping infrastructure? Just wondering why they wouldn't combine spaces like that (i.e. bathrooms); they do it I believe over at DHS for the Sci-Fi Dine-In and ABC Commissary?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom