Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

dstrawn9889

uhhh, ok... this is getting Major now. they cut to the foundation base and deeper around an existing structure. they are going to have to shore these up now with new foundation pours at least... sure looks like an extension is being planned, not just a wall replacement for rot/termite damage

dstrawn9889

batter.jpg
really, not even excavation around a 45 year old footing, all the way down to the compact base? -- i know you are talking watershed permits and NoC's... but these pictures tell me new foundation... especailly the batter boards up for laying out the foundation forms

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

especially since they have damaged the integrity of the existing structure by pulling its foundational<yes i made that word up> support.

Brian Swan

I'm NOT a construction guy (not even kind of), and I have not seen any plans, but could they possibly be building a "sunken patio" of the back side of the building going right up to the water? Could the "missing" wall indicate that at least part of the Veranda will be open-air? Or possibly it will be a glass wall giving views out into the "jungle" and moat?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 94784 really, not even excavation around a 45 year old footing, all the way down to the compact base? -- i know you are talking watershed permits and NoC's... but these pictures tell me new foundation... especailly the batter boards up for laying out the foundation forms

I agree they are clearly building something there, just can't figure out what it is. Also, I am not talking Noc's or watershed permits.

Lee

Adventurer
I agree they are clearly building something there, just can't figure out what it is. Also, I am not talking Noc's or watershed permits.

Yup.
Talking plans.

The plans I have clearly show no expansion in that area.

Could things have changed? Of course.
But, it's just as likely this work was necessitated by some sort of renovation or structural issue.

matt9112

Yup.
Talking plans.

But, it's just as likely this work was necessitated by some sort of renovation or structural issue.

get new plans....cant somebody like yourself just stroll on down there and make demands? =)

Tom

Beta Return
Yup.
Talking plans.

Most likely this. New footings for deck or to replace failed footings, or they just had to tear out a portion of the building for construction access.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom