Adults without kids on kiddie rides

dave&di

Original Poster
I have never been on certain rides - Dumbo, Aladdin, Teacups, Astro orbiter, probably others! because I see them as rides for small children so as I don't have any I have always avoided them presuming it would be frowned upon for my BF and myself to do them. Is there a general rule regarding small rides? Do you have to ride with a child? Can I use someone elses!!! :drevil:I'm joking! Do you/other visitors scowl at adults riding when they have no children with them?

I'm realising I'm missing out on rides for possibly no reason, and am kicking myself that there are still rides I haven't yet been on!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So long as you can fit, for for it.

Astro Orbiter and the Tea Cups arn`t regarded as kiddy rides :wave:

duchess1576

actually, astro orbiter is kind of scary, LOL, for me it is anyway :lookaroun

my husband and i go to wdw together without our son a lot and we've ridden all the "kiddie" rides, even pooh and snow white, etc. no big deal. nobody gives us weird looks or anything.

it's funny someone mentioned borrowing someone else's kid, because just last saturday, while waiting in line for the aladdin ride, a little girl, about 7 or 8, asked if she could ride with us. she was all alone! i asked her where her parents were and she said her mom was waiting at the exit because she didn't want to go on the ride because she gets motion sickness. poor girl. of course i let her ride with us, and sit up front and steer. but, damn, i get motion sickness too, but those rides are so short, i don't have a chance to. and it's wdw, the disney magic never lets me get sick! LOL :)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My wife and I ride Dumbo every time we visit. The Magic Kingdom is not the place to worry about others sitting in judgement. Just have fun, become a kid again.

Spike-in-Berlin

I did Astro Orbiter alone (I have no kids) and that's definitely not a kiddie ride. G-forces are quite strong due to the rotation speed and it's high in the air. Even some acrophobic adults would avoid that ride.
I liked it.
And Mad Tea Party is definitely not a kiddie ride but a Disney version of a classic fairground ride called "Walzerbahn" in Germany, Waltzer in Englisch. Waltzers are not for kids only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waltzer

graphite1326

After over a dozen trips to the World, I still have not done Astro Orbiter or Tea cups. And probably never will.

I have been on Tea Cups before just not at WDW and I am just not interested in the AO.

dave&di

Original Poster
I did Astro Orbiter alone (I have no kids) and that's definitely not a kiddie ride. G-forces are quite strong due to the rotation speed and it's high in the air. Even some acrophobic adults would avoid that ride.I liked it.
And Mad Tea Party is definitely not a kiddie ride but a Disney version of a classic fairground ride called "Walzerbahn" in Germany, Waltzer in Englisch. Waltzers are not for kids only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waltzer

Now I know AO is a bit stomach churning, I may avoid it now anyway! :hurl:

MansionGoer13z

The Teacups are a must for everyone in my Family. Saying its a kid ride is just rediculous. I also wanna take my Girlfriend who is 27 on Dumbo when we go it will be her first time at WDW. So yes its also a must.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
According to Florida State law 10.01.1971 All persons entering Walt Disney World will be required to assume the mentality of a child no greater than 12 years of age.

Have fun on Dumbo because it's the law.:D

happymom52003

There is no such thing as a kiddie ride at Disney World.:)

And I totally agree with some of the other posters about the Astro Orbiter! My son dragged me on it once and I was so dizzy when it was over I could not even get out of the ride vehicle...I had to sit there a couple of minutes. Never again! Funny thing is that I do fine on the tea cups.

Vernonpush

I'm 53 and have been riding the kiddie rides all my life. One thing that I usually do is to try and get placed in the back row of seats (Snow White, Pooh ) and let families with small children sit in front. I've switched places with others many times while waiting to board.

dave&di

Original Poster
The Teacups are a must for everyone in my Family. Saying its a kid ride is just rIdiculous. I also wanna take my Girlfriend who is 27 on Dumbo when we go it will be her first time at WDW. So yes its also a must.

I do apologise for calling AO and The Teacups kiddie rides, I've never given them much attention, I thought they were aimed more at children than thrill riders.

dave&di

Original Poster
According to Florida State law 10.01.1971 All persons entering Walt Disney World will be required to assume the mentality of a child no greater than 12 years of age.

Have fun on Dumbo because it's the law.:D[/QUOTE

Like your attitude MY!! :lol:

We have no kids and have had an annual pass this year. We went in July, October, November, December, February, May and again next month. We made it a mission to ride on EVERY ride during the year including the 'kiddie' rides. We are about 3 rides per park away from our goal.

Just have fun!

AswaySuller

You'll be fine... go have fun.
Especially if you're with your partner....

I went to DisneyLand on my own and rode virtually everything. I felt awkward for about 5 mins but it's Disney..... be a kid again.

muse1983

I have never been on certain rides - Dumbo, Aladdin, Teacups, Astro orbiter, probably others! because I see them as rides for small children so as I don't have any I have always avoided them presuming it would be frowned upon for my BF and myself to do them. Is there a general rule regarding small rides? Do you have to ride with a child? Can I use someone elses!!! :drevil:I'm joking! Do you/other visitors scowl at adults riding when they have no children with them?

I'm realising I'm missing out on rides for possibly no reason, and am kicking myself that there are still rides I haven't yet been on!

WDW is for the young and the old...there are no such thing as "kiddie rides" in WDW

The only way that people with kids would give you a funny look is if you complained loudly about all the kids on the ride. We ride all those rides even though we outgrew them a long time ago. Small World is one of my favorite rides, so is Dumbo. Go for it! Don't miss out because you don't have kids. That was Disney's entire goal for his parks; a place where not only kids could have fun.

disneyrcks

Have fun on Dumbo because it's the law.:D

:sohappy:

The teacups are a must do for the husband and myself (no kids for us yet). It's Disney- let go, enjoy and embrace the inner child :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom