Adults without kids on kiddie rides

Walt Disney1955

We rode everything my wife and I. Last time we went we didn't have children. Astro Orbitor is hardly a kiddie ride though. She was scared to go up that "high". We might have been the lowest spaceship on that ride, lol.

I'm 6'2" 275lbs. and my wife and I have both shamelessly stood in line (no line really) for the Carousel which is the most childish of all the rides. We also rode, Aladdin, Tea Cups, Dumbo, Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, Pooh and went through the Monsters Inc and Swiss Family Treehouse attractions. Based on the view at the top alone, I wouldn't recommend missing Swiss. We also stood in line for 30 minutes to specifically get a picture with Mickey and Minnie. Not to mention at the other parks we stood in line for all the characters we could find (Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Jiminy Cricket, Rafiki)

At DHS we sat through the Mermaid show, we also walked through the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set. My wife actually went into the caves and down the slides. She was 25 years old.

Epcot doesn't really have "kiddie" stuff per se, but at Animal Kingdom we did some stuff in Dinoland and went to Rafiki's Planet Watch to pet the animals.

No one said a word to us. No one cared. We didn't care either if we saw people do the same. No one cares at Disney, it gets repeated often but it's the truth. It is the one place where the sourpusses don't bother coming. Enjoy it for all it's magic.

PurpleRose

Astro Orbiter is amazing at night. A bit frightening but still amazing. I am disappointed that I was not able to ride Pooh and PPF due to crowds this past trip.

mousefreak

In October '09 in MK, we saw saw 2 women (age between 75-85) riding Dumbo together. We took a picture of them because it was so cute. We both thought that this is what Disney is for and about. It's for any and all ages to enjoy. I hope I'll still be able to ride Dumbo when I'm their age.

forevermickey

I also type up list on the computer! I buy a plastic folder to hold "important" WDW information, I print out a colourful front cover stating "BRODERICK WDW HOLIDAY 20**", last year one of the things it contained were printouts of Vinylmations I wanted! I already have my plastic folder for next year complete with Disney stickers on the front, our booking details inside plus my lovely Mousekeeping envelopes! :p

yes yes:sohappy: I do this as well ... I think I print a little too much info... but that is because I am so excited to go so I go haywire with info!!:p

In October '09 in MK, we saw saw 2 women (age between 75-85) riding Dumbo together. We took a picture of them because it was so cute. We both thought that this is what Disney is for and about. It's for any and all ages to enjoy. I hope I'll still be able to ride Dumbo when I'm their age.

Yes! I love this. There is absolutely no age limit when it comes to the magic of Disney!

Walt intended for the adults to have fun too. In my mind, we are all kids when we are there. I am not ashamed to say that my husband and I go without our kids occasionally....we ride it all and have a blast.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.” -Walt Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom