Adults without kids on kiddie rides

dave&di

Original Poster
The only way that people with kids would give you a funny look is if you complained loudly about all the kids on the ride. We ride all those rides even though we outgrew them a long time ago. Small World is one of my favorite rides, so is Dumbo. Go for it! Don't miss out because you don't have kids. That was Disney's entire goal for his parks; a place where not only kids could have fun.

Thanks, I have automatically walked by them without thinking! With my next trip 17 months away I'm regretting not taking it all in :( You appreciate it more when your'e not there!

Sarabell

You shouldn't mind getting weird looks for riding everything. So what, you're a kid at heart, and if someone in WDW is not, shame on them cause they'll be missing a bunch of fun. If they rhode the kiddie rides instead of giving weird looks to grown up children who ride them...

Do something even better! give people who don't ride the kiddie rides weird looks!! :p

SyracuseOrange

You shouldn't mind getting weird looks for riding everything. So what, you're a kid at heart, and if someone in WDW is not, shame on them cause they'll be missing a bunch of fun. If they rhode the kiddie rides instead of giving weird looks to grown up children who ride them...

Do something even better! give people who don't ride the kiddie rides weird looks!! :p

Yup, you might get some weird looks. I got a strange look when I got on Snow White by myself, but honestly, just don't let it bother you. Disney is for everyone, but some people don't understand that.

muse1983

I have honestly never even had the phrase "kiddie ride" pop into my head when I think of Disney World. You walk onto the WDW property and are immediately transformed into a kid again and I can't wait to go back in October!!!!!!

datw@epcot

Note for the astro orbiter: if you are 6'4", 240, don't try to share one of the astro orbiter rockets with anyone, even if she is only 5'5" 140...you won't fit and as a result, you will have to watch her ride by herself and wait like an idiot for her to finish riding so that you can ride, since you told the operator that there were two in your party, therefore the other rockets filled up while you were struggling to fit the two of you in to one rocket...

dave&di

Original Poster
Note for the astro orbiter: if you are 6'4", 240, don't try to share one of the astro orbiter rockets with anyone, even if she is only 5'5" 140...you won't fit and as a result, you will have to watch her ride by herself and wait like an idiot for her to finish riding so that you can ride, since you told the operator that there were two in your party, therefore the other rockets filled up while you were struggling to fit the two of you in to one rocket...

Thanks for the tip! My BF is 6'1'', I'm 5'7" so we'll get a rocket each! :lol:

PhilharMagician

Now I know AO is a bit stomach churning, I may avoid it now anyway! :hurl:
Try AO at least once. It has a great view MK. I always ride it al least once and I do not like rides that spin.

According to Florida State law 10.01.1971 All persons entering Walt Disney World will be required to assume the mentality of a child no greater than 12 years of age.

Have fun on Dumbo because it's the law.:D

Nice, I like that!:cool: That should be posted on signs entering the park.

ctosh

According to Florida State law 10.01.1971 All persons entering Walt Disney World will be required to assume the mentality of a child no greater than 12 years of age.

Have fun on Dumbo because it's the law.:D
Love That!!!!! It really is the way I feel!! Go for it!!

Edeyore

There is no such thing as a kiddie ride at Disney World.:)

And I totally agree with some of the other posters about the Astro Orbiter! My son dragged me on it once and I was so dizzy when it was over I could not even get out of the ride vehicle...I had to sit there a couple of minutes. Never again! Funny thing is that I do fine on the tea cups.

I agree with the no such thing as a kiddie ride, except maybe the Barnstormer. I liked the ride but had trouble fitting into the seats without feeling crunched. Everyone has also been giving a very accurate description of the Astro Orbiter. If it is a kiddie ride, so is Mission:Space.

JIMINYCR

I used to feel uneasy about riding a "kiddie ride" and just passed them by. Then I was going through my Passporter guide before a trip and was marking off all the rides I had gone on and those i had missed and realized there were a lot I hadn't experienced that others had. So I made a point of targeting those past missed rides on my next trip and had a blast. So I agree with the others - Go for it, see what you've been missing.

dave&di

Original Poster
I used to feel uneasy about riding a "kiddie ride" and just passed them by. Then I was going through my Passporter guide before a trip and was marking off all the rides I had gone on and those i had missed and realized there were a lot I hadn't experienced that others had. So I made a point of targeting those past missed rides on my next trip and had a blast. So I agree with the others - Go for it, see what you've been missing.

Thankyou, this is exactly what has happened to me. I am going to try all the rides I never bothered to do.

Hot4Hudgens

I was always a bit iffy about attractions like Dumbo, Goofy's Barnstormer, and a couple of others...but then I realized...I'm in Disney! Is that not the one place it's acceptable to act like a kid again?

muse1983

Haha this is almost exactly what happened to my wife and I. I'm 6'3 230ish and she is 5'6ish and we said we had 2 in our party. We somehow..I still don't know how managed to squeeze into a single rocket. It felt as if my leg was being amputated throughout the entire ride

Tinkerbell 8

My fiance and I ALWAYS ride the "kiddie" rides when we are in disney including SWSA, Pooh, IASW, the teacups, everything. We never get weird looks because everyone in Disney is a child at heart :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom