Adults without kids on kiddie rides

Small World

We`ve been going for years with the kids when they were young. With the kids and their partners and on our own. We go on them all--It`s a Small World is still one of my favourites!!

dave&di

Original Poster
I forgot to add the Carosel to my list, is it worth a go? Never tried it as once again thought it was for children only!:hammer:

dave&di

Original Poster
It`s for everyone and is good fun--reminded me of when I was little, as every fair ground had a carousel!!

I've never been on one, what a carousel to start with! Definietly doing this, can you chose which horse, apparently Cinderellas' is the one with a gold ribbon on its tail!

WDWLOYAL1971

I have never been on certain rides - Dumbo, Aladdin, Teacups, Astro orbiter, probably others! because I see them as rides for small children so as I don't have any I have always avoided them presuming it would be frowned upon for my BF and myself to do them. Is there a general rule regarding small rides? Do you have to ride with a child? Can I use someone elses!!! :drevil:I'm joking! Do you/other visitors scowl at adults riding when they have no children with them?

I'm realising I'm missing out on rides for possibly no reason, and am kicking myself that there are still rides I haven't yet been on!

Don't consider the less tame rides as kiddie rides, but just plain fun for everyone! Disney is one big FUN, HAPPY place to be enjoyed by people of all ages. So hop on Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, whatever your heart desires and just enjoy it. Let Disney bring out the kid in you. :sohappy:

Disney61

I've been riding all the rides at Magic Kingdom since I was 10 years old. I'll still be riding them all at a 110 hopefully LOL!!!!!

mp2bill

So long as you can fit, go for it.

Astro Orbiter and the Tea Cups arn`t regarded as kiddy rides :wave:

Agreed. In my mind, the whole point of going to WDW is to feel like a kid again. So why not go on all the rides, whether they're "kiddy" rides or not?

The Duck

I'm 49 and I never miss Winnie the Pooh. As I was exiting my Hunny Pot on a recent trip, the CM touched my chin and said, (in a somewhat Richard Simmonsesque tone), "You have honey in your beard". My friend and I couldn't stop laughing and that became the catch-phrase of our entire trip.

dave&di

Original Poster
oh man... I feel your pain:dazzle: but you have a plan set ( not that makes you feel better) :veryconfu But your dream of riding Dumbo will become a reality!:D

I have it all planned! Apart from an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickeys, way too early to do that :( I even printed out Mousekeeping envelopes yesterday! I'm slighty early!

forevermickey

I have it all planned! Apart from an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickeys, way too early to do that :( I even printed out Mousekeeping envelopes yesterday! I'm slighty early!
I know someone has touched upon this on the site before.... But where can you print those out? (mousekeeping envelopes) thanks
And , yes, yes.. I am the same way... I've got the agenda and all the trimmings ready to go way before the vacation! lol It makes it that much more fun and keeps your dream alive! I recently printed out a booklet of a checklist of all the pressed penny locations in the "World" because we have recently started collecting them :) What are your must do's (besides the kiddie rides haha) and "traditions" so to speak when you go?

dave&di

Original Poster
I know someone has touched upon this on the site before.... But where can you print those out? (mousekeeping envelopes) thanks
And , yes, yes.. I am the same way... I've got the agenda and all the trimmings ready to go way before the vacation! lol It makes it that much more fun and keeps your dream alive! I recently printed out a booklet of a checklist of all the pressed penny locations in the "World" because we have recently started collecting them :) What are your must do's (besides the kiddie rides haha) and "traditions" so to speak when you go?

www.themouseforless.com Go to DOWNLOADS - 'For your trip'. There are approx 10 different designs to chose from, you can print them from pdf format or from a word document.

We always go to MK when we first arrive and always do Splash Mountain 1st! I always buy a corndog from Frontierland next! A stange tradition I do is take the same clothes/shoes, belts etc every year even if I think I'm not going to wear them! I have a WDW wardrobe, full of things I only wear there, I take the same 6 pairs of shoes, knowing 4 of them I've never worn and probably never will! But they went with me last time and I take them again! I could go on! Aren't we precious when it comes to WDW!

forevermickey

www.themouseforless.com Go to DOWNLOADS - 'For your trip'. There are approx 10 different designs to chose from, you can print them from pdf format or from a word document.

We always go to MK when we first arrive and always do Splash Mountain 1st! I always buy a corndog from Frontierland next! A stange tradition I do is take the same clothes/shoes, belts etc every year even if I think I'm not going to wear them! I have a WDW wardrobe, full of things I only wear there, I take the same 6 pairs of shoes, knowing 4 of them I've never worn and probably never will! But they went with me last time and I take them again! I could go on! Aren't we precious when it comes to WDW!

Thanks! I have not seen that site before, lot of cool stuff! We check in the hotel and go straight to MK as well :sohappy: Gotta start off in the park where the heart of WDW began :) .. Then we use meander down Main Street and veer off toward Adventureland.. maybe this year will be different since BTR and Splash M are my daughters fav now she is a "big" girl and can ride them:) Love your packing routine.. I pack some of the same items as well.. some shoes are just made for walken' I have a packing list saved on the computer so I don't have to rack my brain for the 3 of us.... well here's to another fun trip to WDW... :wave:

JillC LI

My 67 year old mother and I rode Pooh and Peter Pan just the two of us last March and loved it! I wasn't the slightest bit embarrassed.

EvilQueen-T

i think the whole point of an adult only disney trip is to let loose your inner 6 year old. my sisters and i go once a year without husbands or kids and you can bet we do exactly what we want to do, wear stupid matching tshirts, and tiaras. quite frankly i really never pay attention to what someone else is riding, wearing, or doing. i just enjoy the magic.

dave&di

Original Poster
Thanks! I have not seen that site before, lot of cool stuff! We check in the hotel and go straight to MK as well :sohappy: Gotta start off in the park where the heart of WDW began :) .. Then we use meander down Main Street and veer off toward Adventureland.. maybe this year will be different since BTR and Splash M are my daughters fav now she is a "big" girl and can ride them:) Love your packing routine.. I pack some of the same items as well.. some shoes are just made for walken' I have a packing list saved on the computer so I don't have to rack my brain for the 3 of us.... well here's to another fun trip to WDW... :wave:

I also type up list on the computer! I buy a plastic folder to hold "important" WDW information, I print out a colourful front cover stating "BRODERICK WDW HOLIDAY 20**", last year one of the things it contained were printouts of Vinylmations I wanted! I already have my plastic folder for next year complete with Disney stickers on the front, our booking details inside plus my lovely Mousekeeping envelopes! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom