Adults + Meet and Greets

Spikerdink

I love going to meet the characters - especially Pooh and his friends....

My goal is to meet Daisy - every time I see her the line is too long and I want to do other things....but maybe next trip!!!

Go for it - have fun and let your inner child run free for a little while!

mousehockey37

Don't feel at all embarrassed. I'm 30 and male and my DGF and I just got back. I can honestly say that we met most of the face characters and the ones in costume. With the characters that could talk, my bday button was a convo starter, but remember, they won't talk to you like you're 5. Yes, Cinderella asked if DGF was my princess and they ask about your kingdoms and things, etc, it's just their character. But you could see that they were enjoying talking with adults too. One of the best conversations we had was with Aladdin and Jasmine. We talked about Abu making banana pudding in the trees and how I liked Aladdins shoes and what Rajah does to them... It was hilarious and we had a great time (all of us.. yes, even Aladdin and Jasmine)

JonBoy

Ha ha I know exactly how you feel! We go every year with no kids and have never qued for a m&g feel too silly! We usually have a character dinner and get our photos there! Just do it though let me know if you do and I just might next year!!

sgtmgd

How many of you adults go to M&Gs without children? I've never done any because I feel a little silly lining up with all the 3 year olds! I'm seriously thinking about grabbing an autograph book and getting pictures taken this year. I'm getting Photopass Plus, so why not?
We certainly will over labor day...Id love a picture with the White Rabbit, Alice, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter(either one) MALEFICENT(Im hoping for this at DHS prior to Fantasmic) or any of those rare characters...Nikki had a great picture done with Mary Poppins at EPCOT over New Years.I would LOVE to get a picture with Cruella as well.so yes.. we certainly will do some meet and greets sans kids.

wiigirl

Meeting the characters is one of my favorite things to do at Disney. Since 2005 (which is when I started meeting them), I've met over 200 different characters. Have fun!

(Plus, you'll never see any of the people again, so don't let them bother you :) ).

Very true! Just have fun! ;)
75.gif

Doombuggy13

Are you kidding me? I've got a list of meet-n-greets that I need to do this year. My wife and kids have been warned that I must get my photo with Mr. Incredible (I heard Mrs. I is gone now) Frozone,Russell from Up, Mike & Sully. I'm trying to get my photo's with all of them. Then there is my annual quest to get my photo with cast member TJ at TOT. We've missed TJ the past two years because we went on the weekend. So, we specifically scheduled our DHS days during the week.

Tiggerfanatic

Absolutely! I'm not about to let the fact that I am supposed to be an adult keep me from having fun!

One of the best experiences I've had was with Marie at the France pavilion. I was on a solo trip, and when it was my turn to have my picture taken with her, we curtsied to each other and did the exaggerated air "kiss, kiss", then posed like the celebreties we were. I think the characters like interacting with adults - it gives them a chance to be a little siller and over-the-top than they can otherwise be with children.

Go for it!

ddbowdoin

I'd say in general it's a waste of time... maybe during off season times, but I'm not waiting 30 plus minutes for a meet and greet if I don't have kids

Avenger117

I think its great. I haven't done many meet and greets as an adult, but we do sometimes. I think most recently we took a picture with Duffy. I wouldn't wait in a long line for it, but its nice to get a picture with my favorite characters. I wouldn't really worry about what people think or anything like that. Do what makes you happy!

Blueskyze

Are you kidding me? I've got a list of meet-n-greets that I need to do this year. My wife and kids have been warned that I must get my photo with Mr. Incredible (I heard Mrs. I is gone now) Frozone,Russell from Up, Mike & Sully. I'm trying to get my photo's with all of them. Then there is my annual quest to get my photo with cast member TJ at TOT. We've missed TJ the past two years because we went on the weekend. So, we specifically scheduled our DHS days during the week.

Mrs. Incredible was there last week! We saw both Mr. & Mrs. I in the Art of Animation Building. I was hoping to meet Frozone, but it was just the two of them.

plaz10

We go to meet n greets every year. We don't wait in long lines for them but we definitely go! And this year with photopass CD - we're going to get more M&G photos than before. Have a great time!

KCheatle

I probably wouldn't line up to meet every character I saw - like my kids insist on doing. However, there is no way I could go and not get a pic with Chip and Dale! But, honestly, if it were only my husband and I, I would probably prefer not to spend the time we normally do waiting in line for characters. I'd be on "adult" rides or drinking wine or something I can't do with the little ones around :)

Mainahman

I love going to meet the characters - especially Pooh and his friends....

My goal is to meet Daisy - every time I see her the line is too long and I want to do other things....but maybe next trip!!!

Go for it - have fun and let your inner child run free for a little while!
I met daisy right at rope drop at EPCOT the first day we were there, i waited maybe 10 minutes at the most :)

mousehockey37

Mrs. Incredible was there last week! We saw both Mr. & Mrs. I in the Art of Animation Building. I was hoping to meet Frozone, but it was just the two of them.

When we were there last week, we got in with Mr. and Mrs. Incredible and they made the announcement that Frozone was coming out. So we hung around, didn't get back in line, but got a pic of Mr. Incredible and Frozone. Now the character handler, she was just working that day. She said Mrs. Incredible was going to check on Jo-Jo... Everyone in line went silent, but no one had it to correct her that the baby is JACK JACK!!!! CM FAIL!!!

jimogi

Our family always get our photo taken with the characters we might be in our mid 30's & 40's outside Disney but the minute we enter those gates we're 10 again:D only this time we can enjoy being 10 lol;)

Mukta

I take pics with the characters all of the time. I usually give them a big hug, tell them how happy I am to see them and take a quick pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom