Adults + Meet and Greets

Vader2112

I say why not! If it is something that makes your trip that much more fun then do it! I was an adult (well kind of) the first time I went to WDW and I made sure I got a pic with Mickey! I also took funny pics with CMs.

puntagordabob

How many of you adults go to M&Gs without children? I've never done any because I feel a little silly lining up with all the 3 year olds! I'm seriously thinking about grabbing an autograph book and getting pictures taken this year. I'm getting Photopass Plus, so why not?

Go for it... my wife says Im 12 or 13 at WDW or DLR!

Jane Whalebones

I love meeting Mickey & Minnie! :D I have just as many autographs and pictures as my daughter.;) I never mind standing in line to meet a character...yes, Im a BIG KID, too!:D

DisneyDebNJ

Everybody loves to get pictures and autographs from the characters. It's just a DISNEY thing! We all love the Disney movies, so why not enjoy the characters when you're there!;)
Absolutely the same way I feel Beth!!! Besides, the CMs do a wonderful job having the characters interact with the adults as well. We have had so many experiences that really made the trip memorable

razza1987

I have been going on and on about wanting to get an autograph book and getting all the characters to autograph it for me. I have downloaded an app on my phone that says where to find all of the characters.

And I'll be 26 with no children when we go lol

Btw some of these stories are HILARIOUS. I especially loved the Tarzan story lol

Meredith

This trip I have decided to conquer my fears and meet the characters now at age 13 it's silly but they've scared me since 2. I decided to only meet the characters with short lines (so I don't take away from ride time) and the face characters like the princess and princes. I also am going to try to spot Peter Pan, I have got my eye on him :)

jw24

The first time I met Disney World characters when I was 18 so no, you're not too old to meet the characters or get their autographs. I have three autograph books myself and while that may seem odd, each autograph book has different memories and special moments. I would be lying if I said you are comfortable in lines because at times, I do feel out of place and uncomfortable surrounded by nothing but small kids and their parents but when it's your turn, it's your time and that's all that matters. It's certainly easier to have conversations with the face characters than the furs because with furs, you have to initiate the conversation to get it going but they do love it when you talk about your appreciation of their character. Goofy, for instance, always gets a kick whenever I tell him my favorite Goofy cartoon short is the Art of Skiing. The face characters are a bit easier because normally, they're the ones that start the interaction. No, they won't talk to you like a young child but they can be creative to make the interaction memorable. I remember one time Ariel asked me how I traveled to Disney World and I said by airplane. She asked me what an airplane was and I got tongue-tied trying to explain what it was! I did my best and she asked, "So it's like a carpet with pixie dust?" and all I could say was, "Pretty much".

litaljohn

I'm going to say I think it all depends on te characters. if its like Mickey or jafar for me, awesome fun. that said I would need relatives at other times to allow me l better filter myself. I feel I would end up in the news section of the forum under. "idiot says something dumb, gets punched in face by princess" eh who am I kidding more likely she would have her tiger go after me...

case in point many people saw this thread and had great stories, I on the otherhand saw the title of the thread and was curious how it had so many comments and wasn't locked and buried. I was fairly certain the forum would not condone special "adult meat and greets" although thankfully I was wrong and it still seems they do not.

that said I would love to wait in line with all the little kids and then approach them like tmz, excuse me, excuse me, Donald? Donald what do you say in response to the allegations made by your plastic surgeon that you refuse to pay for your bill? .... no comment eh?

mergatroid

Mrs M and I did one accidentally last year! We went in the building immediately to the right of the train station at the bottom of Main St for a look around and Mrs M said "Oh look it says 'Mickey's Magic Show', you like magic should we go and have a look?". I thought "Why not"" and we joined the queue. I wondered why the line was moving at a steady pace rather than a staggered queue like you get at shows but didn't think much more about it. As we neared a door the cast member said "And how many in your party are meeting Mickey?". Even then it ddn't click as I thought this was just a quirky way to ask how many were watching the show and replied "Just the two of us".

As we entered the room the full embarrassement of what had happened dawned on us as Mickey stood there looking at us with several cast members including one behind a camera :oops:. Now I have a few pictures of me with characters as an adult but they've always been spontaeous things where I've just passed a character who was free and had a snap taken, I've never before queued for the honour. So I'm stood there as a 43 year old English guy with his slightly younger wife in a scenario where I've just spent 20 minutes queuing for a show that doesn't exist to be confronted by Mickey and a photographer for a photo opportunity I didn't want.

"I'm so sorry Mickey, I thought this was a show rather than a photo shoot and I've just queued for 20 minutes and now I'm stood here like an idiot not knowing what to do and my wife is going to tell everyone we meet about this for the next 40 odd years as though I'm the biggest fool on the planet" was all I could think of saying. The cast members in the room and at the door all seemed to find this predicament quite amusing and the photographer just laughed and said "That's ok, but I'm sure you're not going to disappoint Mickey by not saying Hello are you?". At this point Mickey slapped his hand on his forehead as if to say "doh" and then put his hands on his hips in a disapproving manner wilst looking at me. I began to feel less stupid and laughed and he then opened his arms in a "I want a hug" gesture and I obliged. As I hugged Mickey I could actually hear a faint sniggering from within. Mrs M was smiling and heading to the exit and the photographer said to her "And where do you think you're going to Missy, you're not getting off so lightly". So Mrs M got a hug off Mickey too and we both left laughing over a bit of a mix up but after having a fun experience nonetheless :D

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I ALMOST went to the Alice M&G at EPCOT. She came skipping down the sidewalk...smiling...twirling her skirt...blowing kisses...I was drawn...I could hear "Dream weaver" playing in my head...then my wife snapped me out of it and gave me "The Look"!
Probably a good thing she keeps you in check; Alice is, like, 12. ;)

Aurora1

Absolutely do them! My siblings and I are all above 20, but we LOVE meeting the characters and some of our best group photos are from the character meets! My most recent trip was with a few of my best friends, and we did EVERY meet and greet we could- one of my friends had never been to WDW before, so it made sense to wait for some. Normally if the line's short, or it's a character we love, we're going to meet them!

CrazyDisneyLady

This trip I have decided to conquer my fears and meet the characters now at age 13 it's silly but they've scared me since 2. I decided to only meet the characters with short lines (so I don't take away from ride time) and the face characters like the princess and princes. I also am going to try to spot Peter Pan, I have got my eye on him :)
Peter Pan is my fave. He is absolutely hilarious. You can find him usually just before entering adventureland.

Aurora1

Peter Pan is my fave. He is absolutely hilarious. You can find him usually just before entering adventureland.

I've never, ever met Peter Pan! I've looked for him a hundred times, but no luck, even though we've seen him around the park. It's one of my favorite movies, and I'd love to meet Hook and Smee as well!

Alexis

I feel the same way. I used to get pictures with characters. But now I feel kinda silly standing in line with little children, since I'm 19. So I don't take them anymore! Sad to grow up... :(

lunchbox1175

DW has a spreadsheet...she has over half of the characters...DD13 and DD11 just aren't into it, they hate waiting in line...but we find that is some of the best part of it, talking with the people in line, especially the little kids that are so excited to meet the characters can be really hilarious sometimes. I don't get in the pictures, but she goes up, i snap a few, photo pass person snaps a few, we thank them (always important and frequently not done by many people) and we move on quickly so the little ones can spend more time. Some of my best memories are just watching her interact with the characters.

AndyS2992

I don't really see any problem getting in line for photos with characters as that is part of the Disney experience, but I personally would not get autographs as that is for kids in my opinion, but that's just me. When I go I always get a photo with Mickey and sometimes with other characters that randomly appear with no wait but meeting characters isn't my thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom